50s Darling Plus Size Women's Costume
- 50s Darling Plus Size Women's Costume
- 96% polyester 4% cotton gingham & broadcloth fabrics
- One-piece dress styled as solid skirt w/ gingham blouse
- Back zipper, built-in petticoat
- Decorative buttons & false placket give look of button-front blouse
- Poodle applique on skirt
- Faux leather belt has hook & loop fastener at back
- Tie scarf as desired
If you look back on the 50s it's easy to think that the standard teenage night out has become much lamer than they used to be. Let's go back and revisit the typical Friday night of these young ladies and gentlemen. Be careful now and don't let yourself get too jealous, at least we have candy crush and Netflix these days!
First, after getting dressed up with perfect hair with hair sprayed coiffed volume, pearls, and a full skirt girls would go down stairs to get picked up by their beaus. On a special occasion one of the guys with their greased back hair would borrow their Pop's fancy car with tails and leather seats and all the guys and girls of the group would pile in together, squeezing their crinolines and suit coats in like sardines in a boat of a Caddy. First, they'd stop off in a classic diner with shiny red pleather booths and enticing chrome trim and sip on Coca Cola and milkshakes before heading off to the high school dance. Oh yeah, about those high school dances. While modern schools get about one a semester the high schools of the fifties would have up to one a week. No wonder they memorized dances like the fox trot and cha-cha!
If you want a hearty dose of nostalgia for your next costumed event, this 50s darling costume might just be right up your alley. The poodle skirt in a cheerful cherry red is perfect for swinging spins, the plaid shirt with its cuffed sleeves and peter pan collar tucks into the belt, creating a sweet, swinging silhouette. You don't have to leave all the fun to those 50s teens, simply put on your poodle skirt and start jiving. Time to bring back rocking 'round the clock.
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Rocking to the 50'sBy OklahomaWoman | August 24, 2021Height 5'6 | Weight 210 | Size 2XThe 2X was bigger than I anticipated, but I was able to take it in so it fit perfect. Loved how it felt and fun to wear. Wish it hadn't been so high waisted and that the belt was different, but I made it work.Was this review helpful to you?
- 50's costumeBy Marci Fleeker | October 30, 2019Had to resow several unfinished pieces just top stitched sleves and collar ect., so that it wouldn't come apart when laundered. Much shorter than shown and not enough black lace as shown in photo.Was this review helpful to you?