50s Darling Girls Costume
- Child 50s Darling Costume
- 96% polyester 4% cotton gingham & broadcloth fabrics
- One-piece dress styled as solid skirt w/ gingham blouse
- Back zipper, built-in petticoat
- Decorative buttons & false placket give look of button-front blouse
- Poodle applique on skirt
- Faux leather belt has hook & loop fastener at back
- Tie scarf as desired
Have you ever "doo whopped"? No? Well, let's see, have you ever done The Commercial? How about the Lincoln Continental twist? Hmm, well that might be because "doo-whop" isn't actually a dance, it just sounds like it's from the fifties. If you find out what it actually is, please let us know. Oh, the last two? They aren't dances either, one is a very greasy sandwich and the other is a luxury sedan. The good news? You can always make up a swing move and call it by either of those names, take your pick. Really, this is your chance to be an innovator!
If you're into swing then you probably weren't fooled by our little intro there. Confused? Maybe. Fooled? Nope. If you were fooled than it's about time you took a dip in the world of swing! It's a pretty magical place full of brass bands, perky ponytails, and plenty of twirling. Why else would they give those poodle skirts so much volume? It was an era that took their dance moves seriously. Dance contests with teenaged contestants from across the country regularly aired on TV. One thing is for sure, whether that swing was danced on American Bandstand or at your local high school dance, the uniform for those swinging soirees wasn't complete without a poodle skirt!
This darling ensemble would be sweet on the dance floor or in that classic 50's diner featuring a sweet checkered shirt with a peter pan color and a full poodle skirt with a tulle hem. Whether swinging the night away or sipping on shakes, this red ensemble will stand out from the baby blues and powder pinks of the era. Just be sure to learn a couple dance moves before getting out there, you don't want to get tricked into doing the Albuquerque Caterwaul, that's a real doozie!
|X-Small||Sleeve Length||7 1/2"||19cm|
|Small||Sleeve Length||8 1/2"||22cm|
|Medium||Sleeve Length||9 1/2"||24cm|
|Large||Dress Length||34 1/2"||88cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Length||11 1/2"||29cm|
|X-Large||Dress Length||35 1/2"||90cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Highly satisfiedBy ArizonaGirl | September 30, 2021Size MediumI am very happy with this purchase. The quality of the costume compared to the price is exceptional. My 6-year-old daughter’s actual measurements are: chest (26”), waist (25”), shoulder to ankle (41”) and the medium size fits her perfectly, with a little room to spare in the chest/waist. The costume looks as pictured; the red is vibrate yet not too bright.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great Purchase!By B.Towell | February 4, 2019I purchased this for my daughter to wear to a 50s themed school dance, it arrived in a few days, was a bargain, fit perfectly, and appears to be made well, especially considering its price. I am very pleased and will recommend and order again. My daughter is 10 years old, wears a youth size 14/16 and is about 4'10 - I ordered a youth size XL, fits great except the belt is a little loose, I will add some 2 sided Velcro tape to the belt to tighten it up.Was this review helpful to you?