Droog Clockwork Orange Costume
- 100% polyester
- Corduroy shirt has metal snaps at center front, sleeve cuffs, & breast pocket flaps
- Twill pants have adjustable waistband fastened w/ buttons
- Length-adjustable elastic suspenders attach to buttons on pants waistband
- Codpiece has hook & loop fastener at back
- Molded felt bowler hat
- Officially licensed
Stanley Kubrick has a way of messing with your head. That's what his movies do. They're not the kind of matinee affair that you watch while snacking on a big bowl of popcorn. They're the kind of films that bore into your brain and compel your mind to think about some esoteric stuff. It's safe to say that his films aren't for everyone and neither is this Droog Clockwork Orange Costume.
Those who get it, get it. They'll take one glance at this authentic costume and images of the movie will wind through their mind. Those who don't get it? Well, you can just tell them that it's from a movie and move on. Either way, the impressive detail put into this costume is sure to leave a mark!
Based on the iconic 1971 film, this Droog Clockwork Orange Costume comes with everything you needs (sans depraved behavioral issues) to become Alex DeLarge. The white, corduroy shirt fits with metal snaps along the front and features functional front pockets that also fasten with metal snaps. The twill pants have an adjustable waistband and the included suspenders are adjustable, making them one-size fits most. The codpiece fits with a fastener in back. Finally, the included bowler hat is made of felt and fully tops off the look, making you look like one of the miscreant Droogs from the movie.
Don't Do as a Droog Does
If you're a devoted Stanley Kubrick fan or if you just find yourself fascinated with the themes from A Clockwork Orange, then this authentic Droog Costume might just be for you. You may have to engage in debates on morality and behaviorism when donning this outfit, so be prepared! And, don't do any of the things that Alex DeLarge would do. Your night will NOT end will if you decide to follow in his footsteps.
|Standard||Pants Waist||38" - 48"||97cm - 122cm|
- Great costumeBy Stephen | October 13, 2022Height 5-9 | Weight 165 | Size StandardOrdering a "one size fits all" costume online is a huge risk...you never know what you are going to get but I'm very pleased with this costume. Here is a rating and description of each piece of the costume from my point of view:
Hat - small (didn't fit my head), cheap and was crushed when it arrived
Shirt - good quality, corduroy shirt like the movie with snaps and not buttons (which is better for costumes). Sleeve length works for me but a taller person might have issues.
Pants - kind of cheap polyester pant but it is adjustable at the waist and works just fine for the costume (what can you expect from a "one size fits all").
Suspenders - Great! The suspenders are the real deal, not some cheap ones that clip onto pants.
Cod Piece - This is what I was really worried about and it is perfect. It looks like leather and is adjustable with velcro on the back.
All-in-all I'm very happy with this costume. I would have given five stars but the hat was disappointing but I was prepared for that.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Not greatBy Dave D'aranjo | October 21, 2021Height 5' 7" | Size StandardThis costs a good deal of money, but what I received was pretty cheap.
This costume would fit a lanky teenager at best.
The bowler hat was made of cheap, cardboard-like fabric material and rumpled easily.
Of course, it doesn't come with a cane, shoes, or belt - or the eyelash / eyeliner needed.
I will say that mask I purchased separately is pretty good. From this set, I was able to salvage the cuff details and suspenders for use - I'm buying other white clothing. Also, the cricket jock strap thing looks authentic. It doesn't fit around my waist, so I'll cut the sides off and wear it under a fabric jock strap - that actually looks pretty authentic.
But for the price, I myself got very little for my costume - just a few helpful parts.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 16, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Made for a middle school sized kidBy Duke | October 12, 2021Height 6’-2” | Weight 220 | Size StandardThis costume is very small, cannot get my legs in pants or my arms in sleeves .Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | September 26, 2021Was this review helpful to you?