Kids Headless Horseman Costume
- Shirt w/ attached cape
- Inflatable shoulder component
- 100% polyester interlock and knit mesh
- Shirt/cape combo has ruffled lace ascot and elasticized lace sleeve cuffs
- Self-fabric waist ties allow fit adjustment
- Cape has stand-up collar and back Hook and Loop fastener tab fastener
- Inflatable shoulder pads support cape to cover head, held in place w/ elastic bands
- Mesh vest front allows limited vision
- Molded vinyl headpiece has realistic severed-neck details
- Also available in adult size
This Halloween season, your child can scare all of the villagers while bringing the legend of Sleepy Hollow to life in this Kids Headless Horseman Costume! The name Ichabod Crane is inextricably linked in literature with the Headless Horseman, and a few people who haven't read Washington Irving's actual story may mistakenly think that Crane WAS the Headless Horseman. He wasn't. Ichabod was the schoolmaster in the fictional village of Sleepy Hollow, and he encountered the Headless Horseman, believed to be the ghost of a Hessian mercenary from the Revolutionary War, while riding late at night back to the village from a party at an outlying farm. He had made a proposal of marriage to the farmer's daughter, and had been rejected.He was never seen in Sleepy Hollow again. The next morning his unsaddled horse was found wandering, the saddle trampled, and a smashed pumpkin lying alongside Crane's hat beside the road.Wear this ensemble with your own black pants. And for a more realistic touch, carry one of our pumpkins as a prop. Everyone will want to escape this spooky creature whose head was blown off by a Revolutionary War cannonball!
True To Size
|Small (6-8)||Cape Length||39"||99cm|
|Small (6-8)||Chest||32" - 35"||81cm - 89cm|
|Small (6-8)||Shirt Length||21"||53cm|
|Medium (8-10)||Cape Length||41"||104cm|
|Medium (8-10)||Chest||32" - 37"||81cm - 94cm|
|Medium (8-10)||Shirt Length||22"||56cm|
|Large (10-12)||Cape Length||41"||104cm|
|Large (10-12)||Chest||34" - 39"||86cm - 99cm|
|Large (10-12)||Shirt Length||22"||56cm|
|X-Large (12-14)||Cape Length||41"||104cm|
|X-Large (12-14)||Chest||37" - 41"||94cm - 104cm|
|X-Large (12-14)||Shirt Length||23"||58cm|
Questions & Answers
There are no questions for this item yet. Be the first to ask a question!
- WinnerBy Headless | November 10, 2022Height 46 | Weight 50 | Size Small (6-8)My kids won two contests lol idk if that's how the eyes are meant to be but it's hilariousBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 5, 2022Great costume. A lot of complimentsBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great !By Anonymous | November 4, 2022This was perfect!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Stacey | November 7, 2022Size X-Large (12-14)The costume was very difficult to keep up. I had to buy velcro strips to place on the "neck" to stick to the fabric because the fabric does not stay up to cover the child's face. It was uncomfortable and frustrating to my son trying to keep it up while trick or treating. He ended up taking the "headless" part off after 30 mins of trick or treating.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good costumeBy Brenda | November 5, 2022Height 4'5" | Weight 75 | Size Large (10-12)Challenging mask to get to lie flat, didnt stay under collar. Dissapointed it was only the shirt/neck, cute costume, though.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- One StarBy Anonymous | November 1, 2022In addition to the toxic plastic smell of the mask and the cheaply made blow up shoulder pads with thin strings to tie them, there is also a big opening on the back of the "mask" and strange eye openings. I'm not even really sure how the top "mask" part or overall costume is supposed to be worn.
Skip this costume!Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Tam | October 31, 2022Size Large (10-12)Costume came with what looks like large black ink letters on the side of the rubber neck piece and the smell is so bad that my daughter doesn't want to wear it .Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Happy KidBy StephNA | September 20, 2022Height 45in | Weight 39lbs | Size Small (6-8)Bought this costume for my 7y/o son who is about 45” tall, 40lbs, & 21.5” waist. He absolutely loves the costume…& so does his 5 y/o sister. The costume is a bit long in all areas—the sleeves, the cape, & the bottom of the shirt; however, it’s not a problem bc I can easily handsew these areas to meet my sons needs. The quality is as expected and is as it appears in the photos/costume bag. I worry that the inflatable shoulder pad will be uncomfortable for my son on actual Halloween night—it’ll be a challenge to keep the plastic neck in place and to see through the black neck, but that’s something he’ll have to figure out the hard way, since he loves it so much and insists on keeping the costume. I highly recommend opening the costume in advance to allow the decapitated neck to take it’s shape, make any sewing adjustments, etc.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | February 8, 2022Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 9, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 7, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 2, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | September 26, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | September 24, 2021Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Keren | February 26, 2019looks great costume.Was this review helpful to you?
- would not recommendBy monicag | November 10, 2018This costume was terrible. One half of the inflatable part had a hole in it so it would never stay inflated. Even if it did stay inflated the way the costume is designed, the cape falls down or the fake neck comes up with any slightest movement of the child's head/neck. My son did not even end up wearing it out on Halloween because he was so frustrated with the design of it. Do not buy this.Was this review helpful to you?
- Foul odor from mask.By Current Customer | November 1, 2018Really bad smell from mask reccomend not buying. Tried wearing it all night on Halloween but the smell made me really nauseous and dizzy.Was this review helpful to you?
- huge successBy Current Customer | November 8, 2016unbelievable effect !Was this review helpful to you?