Burgundy Pirate Wench Costume
- 100% polyester knit, taffeta & faux suede fabrics
- Pullover dress has elastic at waist & sleeve cuffs
- Dress styled as burgundy skirt & white peasant blouse
- Blouse portion has lace edging at neckline & sleeve cuffs
- Taffeta vest has embroidered trim, ribbon lacing at front
- Faux suede sash has an elastic band in top edge; tie as desired
- Foam hat has a skull applique on front, attached scarf to tie as desired
Life on a pirate ship was definitely not for the timid. It smelled, it was dangerous, and getting paid involved finding another ship to plunder, and then plundering the heck out of it. But all that meant was that the successful pirates were some of the baddest sea dogs on the high seas, and they sure dressed like it, too!
Looking like a tough buccaneer lady doesn't require you to quit your job, drop everything you're doing, and join a salty crew of rapscallions at sea. These days, if you want that roguish style, just slip into this sassy Burgundy Pirate Wench Costume, and you'll look plenty dangerous to any poor merchant ship crews you set your cannon sights on. What makes this outfit so perfect for pirating, you ask? Dresses like this let you move easily around the deck of a ship, which would definitely come in handy during a skirmish. And to top it all off, this dress's bold burgundy color looks lovely, even if you spill wine on it during a rowdy post-plundering celebration! Actually, we don't know why more pirates didn't wear dresses like this...
This costume comes with all the garments you'll need to become a fashionable pirate wench. Although, people may be a little hesitant to call you “wench”, especially if you add a fierce looking pair of buckled boots to your lacy and colorful outfit, and brandish a big toy cutlass and pirate pistol. With such a dashing look, everyone will probably refer to you as “M'lady” instead!
|X-Small||Chest||27" - 31"||69cm - 79cm|
|X-Small||Waist||18" - 24"||46cm - 61cm|
|Small||Chest||30" - 34"||76cm - 86cm|
|Small||Waist||20" - 26"||51cm - 66cm|
|Medium||Chest||33" - 36"||84cm - 91cm|
|Medium||Waist||22" - 30"||56cm - 76cm|
|Large||Chest||36" - 40"||91cm - 102cm|
|Large||Waist||26" - 34"||66cm - 86cm|
|X-Large||Chest||40" - 44"||102cm - 112cm|
|X-Large||Waist||28" - 38"||71cm - 97cm|
- Great CostumeBy Anonymous | November 3, 2014I wear a size 12 and ordered the costume in a large. I had to send it back and buy the extra large. The 12 fit but did not lay right. I was so happy Halloween evening, on how great the costume looked. I received a lot of compliments. Plus, it was comfortable yet a little sexy too. I would recommend this costume.Was this review helpful to you?
- Read customer reviews, but went against them anywayBy Current Customer | November 1, 2019I had read the customer reviews on this costume and they said that the top part of the dress was very large. They also said that the vest doesn't fit and runs small. I thought I would take a chance on this and order it anyway. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! It was just as bad as the reviews said it was. Fabric was very thin and clings to you, vest too small, top way too large.Was this review helpful to you?
- Awkward sizing, horrible vest, but overall okay.By Anonymous | October 12, 2018I consistently wear sizes XL and 16, so I ordered an XL. When it came it was the right size (XL), but the size range indicated was for sizes 18-20. I was worried it would be too big. However, the dress fit perfectly as most XL/16 items do on me.
The vest was another story. For starters, the picture of the vest has white beading to match the white of the top of the dress. The beading on the vest I received was multi-colored of hot pink, lime green, and electric blue which made no sense for the outfit. Although marked correctly for the XL, it is actually 1-2 sizes too small to actually be worn.
I am giving it an okay rating because I hope I can find a vest at the thrift store to match. If not, I may try to sew the vest onto the dress since it can't close/stay on and buy a roll of ribbon to have enough to weave through cosmetically. Or ditch the vest all together.Was this review helpful to you?
- Pirate CostumeBy Anonymous | October 4, 2018"Runs a bit small" is an understatement. I normally wear a Large and ordered an XL because of the other reviews stating that the costume ran a little small. This is SO small I'm not sure where you get that someone who wears a 18-20 should fit into this costume. An XL MIGHT fit someone who wears an 8-10; certainly not size 18-20.Was this review helpful to you?
- FantasticBy Anonymous | December 11, 2017It fits my wife perfectly. Love it!Was this review helpful to you?
- So excitedBy Anonymous | October 6, 2016I ordered the extra large because of the first review. Normally I wear a size 10. I have huge boobs so the vest fits good, except for the straps, which I will tack to the dress to stay up. The vest is so ornate and neat. The white top part of the dress is too big for me but since the vest covers the back, I will stitch an inch or two up the back to bring up the shoulders and make it tighter. It came wrinkled, of course. I just hope I can "steam" it to make it look nice. Very impressed with the product.Was this review helpful to you?
- AwesomeBy Current Customer | May 6, 2016very happy with my purchase, dress is comfortable & a great length(just below my knees)Vest is lace up so easily brought in or let out. Looks greatWas this review helpful to you?