Hello cosplayers! Do you like shopping sprees? Do you want awesome free stuff for doing what you already do? Summer convention season is coming up fast, and we want to celebrate by showing off your best cosplay designs and reward you for all the hard work. “What kind of rewards?” you might be asking. How about $750, $400, and $200 in store credit to HalloweenCostumes.com or Fun.com! “But wait, don’t you sell costumes?” We sure do, but we know a good costume when we see it, and we really love what you do. “Okay, so how do I enter?” Here’s a summary:
How to Win
- We are no longer accepting entries for this contest.
- Send one image of your cosplay to email@example.com by Monday, April 17, 2017 at 12:00 PM Central (CDT). Please include your name or alias and your website or main social media account (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) so that we can give proper credit if you win!
- A panel of judges at HalloweenCostumes.com will select the winners and award three prizes: $750 (First Place), $400 (Second Place), and $200 (Third Place) in store credit to HalloweenCostumes.com or Fun.com (your choice).
- We will email the winners and publish the winning images on this blog on or about Monday, April 24, 2017 at 12:00 PM Central (CDT).
Please keep these rules in mind:
- To enter, you must be a resident of the United States and 18 years of age or older (19 if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska) or have permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- Images may be used by HalloweenCostumes.com or Fun.com.
- Please make sure that you own the rights to the image you submit, and don’t send anything that is offensive or contains nudity.
- Duplicate entries and entries received after Monday, April 17, 2017 at 12:00 PM Central (CDT) will not be considered.
What is Cosplay?
So what do we mean when we say “cosplay”? In short, it’s making and wearing a costume that represents a character from pop culture, whether it’s comics or film or television. Some cosplayers put together a costume from clothes and accessories, while other sew or build everything from scratch. The important distinction is that you can’t buy these costumes off the rack, they all require some amount of artistry and creativity. Here are some examples:
This is Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones as cosplayed by Omar Diego Milla Machuca. Photography by Lenin Tadeo Rodriguez.
This is from a Harley Quinn costume and makeup tutorial made by us. We went for a fairly accurate and straight-forward representation of the character as she appeared in Suicide Squad.
Here’s our take on a pop art Wonder Woman. This has a more stylistic halftone effect like you’d find in comic books.
Now this is Owen Grady surrounded by Raptors from Jurassic World. Sometimes it’s fun to go for comical and unrealistic.
So what are you waiting for? Send your best cosplay image to firstname.lastname@example.org! (This contest has ended.)
Well, have you entered the contest yet? If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below! And if you’re still working on your cosplay, remember that we carry plenty of accessories for all kind of costumes!