Toe Tappin' Flapper Women's Costume
- Tank Dress
- Lace Shirt
- Toe Tappin' Flapper Women's Costume
- 100% polyester velvet, lace & satin fabrics
- Maroon velvet tank dress has back zipper
- Dress has length-adjustable spaghetti shoulder straps
- Lace shirt has button & loop closure at back of neck
- Satin belt has hook & loop fastener at back
- Belt has decorative metal filigree buckle at front
- Foam-backed velvet cloche hat has satin rosette
"Well, well, well, aren't you the cat's meow? Now, don't take any wooden nickels!"
Don't you wish we still talked like those flappers of the twenties? They had a strange kind of accent, half British, half American. People used to train themselves to talk that way to seem distinguished and it was perfectly socially acceptable. Well, try that these days and people might think you've lost it. Unless you're wearing a 1920s dress, if you go all in it just might seem copacetic.
Ah, the twenties. They sure didn't end well but people certainly had a great time while they could. It was an era of dual personalities. In the US alcohol was banned and yet it's an era known for its parties. Perhaps that's because with or without the hooch people were still discovering their freedoms. Women got to show their ankles without a big to-do. They could drive cars, ride bicycles, and most importantly they could finally vote. With the absence of corsets and long hems, women's clothing began to evolve. Playing with textures, draping, and different silhouettes: they were free to experiment. The dress is straight-cut as was the mode of the day. While the top is overlaid with black lace, the bottom is rich dark red velvet with heavy draping on one side for that asymmetrical look.
Let's say you need the perfect gown and hat to wear to that fancy party outside of New York held by that mysterious millionaire. Any modern 20's gal would have loved this ensemble. So, now that you've found the dress, it's time to work on the accent, whether or not people get that you're trying to bring back the accent you'll definitely feel your swagger factor rise.
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Awesome costumeBy Esme Daisy | October 29, 2021Height 5'7" | Weight 120 | Size SmallThis is an awesome costume. It's really comfortable too. The length is accurate to the 1920s, as most dresses then fell below the knee. I love it and can't wait to wear it tomorrow night.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Looks GoodBy Lady.Fantomah | October 23, 2021Ordered this for my sister and it looks great, The quality is awesome like most costumes made by Halloween Costumes. The dress is cute with or with out the lace overlay.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Current Customer | November 15, 2018The dress and lace overlay were perfect. They fit well and were great for the speakeasy themed gala I went to. The hat is a different story. It was scrunched up and out of shape in the package and you'd think it was made for a child. It was so tiny! And this is coming from somebody with a relatively small head...Was this review helpful to you?