Toe Tappin' Flapper Plus Size Women's Costume
- Tank Dress
- Lace Shirt
- Toe Tappin' Flapper Plus Size Women's Costume
- 100% polyester velvet, lace & satin fabrics
- Maroon velvet tank dress has back zipper
- Dress has length-adjustable spaghetti shoulder straps
- Lace shirt has button & loop closure at back of neck
- Satin belt has hook & loop fastener at back
- Belt has decorative metal filigree buckle at front
- Foam-backed velvet cloche hat has satin rosette
There are two types of people out there. There are people who can't stand the scream of the horn, the squeak of the clarinet, and the wailing of the saxophone, they're totally missing out. Then there are those folks who are instantly transported by the sounds of jazz. The unpredictable melody takes them to a place they may have never even experienced: the speakeasy.
It's not hard to picture those roaring 1920s soirees. There would be a full brass band in front of an exposed brick wall with low lighting and a smoky atmosphere. It would be in a dark basement without a hint of the grimy nature of those clandestine college parties you may or may not be familiar with. The classy nature of those 1920s parties were helped along by people who were dressed to the nines. There were no t-shirts and jeans at these affairs, in fact, it would have been hard to find a gentleman that didn't rock a fedora. If you're one of those people who loves those jazzy tones than you're ready to take a luxurious trip down memory lane.
Whether you’re going out dancing with a couple fellow flappers or you're breaking out the Charleston at a Halloween bash you'll love this richly textured ensemble. This dress has an asymmetrical velvet skirt and a black lace overlay. When you put on your jaunty cap you'd look right at home in 1920s New York. Pair it with a feather boa and you'll feel perfectly jazzy.
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Amazing fit!By AndiRose | April 1, 2019I purchased this costume and once it arrived I immediately tried it on. It fit true to size. Went to the event and everyone loved it. My only complaint would be the hat..it was TOO small. I wished it was more of a stretchy material. It ended up being a cat toy lol. Also, the belt was too big but I managed to just tie it so it wasn't a total loss. I did have to use some scissors to cut off the loose ends of string that were hanging off the top. Other than that..it was perfect. I am so happy a girl my size has a place to get quality costumes that won't hurt my budget. :)Was this review helpful to you?
- Loved the costumeBy Current Customer | November 8, 2018I purchased this costume for my mother and she just loved it and it was true to sizeWas this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 14, 2021Height 5'5," | Size 4XI ordered 1 size larger to insure fit and I thought it looked great and fit without a problem.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 12, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- 2 for 1By Grannymle | July 8, 2021Size 1XNicely made. Good quality. Dress and lace top are separate pieces and dress could be worn by itself. Belt has a Velcro closure in the back. It's about 5" too big for me and no indication on how to adjust it. I may have to get creative! Hat is stylish and a little snug but it works.. I have a 21" head circumference. Paired with pearls, black tights and the stocked black boa. Looks great!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Settled ForBy Me | June 28, 2021It's ok. I agree the hat is to small and the belt is too big. I wish they had some other 1920's style outfits. I saw some nice pretty ones online but they cost a fortune.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Flapper costumeBy Current Customer | May 23, 2018Extremely pleased with the quality. Excited to see size was true and fit well.Was this review helpful to you?