Women's Plus Size Charleston Flapper Costume Dress
- Waist Sash
- Pair of Fingerless Gloves
- 91% nylon, 9% polyester floral lace, crinkle chiffon, & jersey knit fabrics
- Sleeveless dress has zipper in right side seam of bodice
- Dress has jersey base layer w/ floral lace bodice overlay & chiffon skirt overlay
- Tie 82" long jersey knit waist sash as desired
- Faux fur collar attaches to shoulder straps of dress w/ hook & loop fastener
- Jersey knit headband has elastic at back, knit mesh rosette at front
- Floral lace fingerless gloves slide on
- Exclusively made by us
Do you sometimes imagine yourself as a high society lady? We can see it, you're looking at flappers, aren't you? People from the twenties had high society down to a T. It was the gilded age so people really went all out. In high society, nothing was untouched, left boring and untextured.
Cars had only been around for a short amount of time before people were driving around in shining Speedsters in bright colors with giant hood, sculpted to perfection. Those perfect cars carried around elegant people, their hair in perfect waves, faces powdered and rouged, and shoulders wrapped in furs. Those elegant people were headed to the theatre to see the talkies on the silver screen or the speakeasies to sip illicit hooch while listening to that new kind of music they were calling jazz. This age was all about sound, texture, and energy. So, it's no wonder why we still look up to the fashion of that time.
Maybe you're going to a 20s style concert or party, maybe you're simply choosing wisely for your next costumed affair, either way, you're sure to love this Charleston flapper ensemble. The dress has a dropped waist with a sash and a pleated skirt. The shoulders are covered in faux fur for that 20s style level of sophistication. With the flowered headband, you're just about ready for your first night at the speakeasy or whatever high society people like you do.
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Follow us @funcostumes and tag us with #yesfuncostumes for a chance to have your photo featured here.
- Great Costume!By godzgurl | February 15, 2020This costume was perfect and pretty authentic! When I first took it out of the packaging I thought it might be too big but it wasn’t! It fit just right. The sash was smaller than I thought so I ended up not wearing that. But I got lots of compliments on it!Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Great Costume! Yes (2) Vote No on the review titled Great Costume! No (0)
- PerfectBy Sandy Mooney | February 10, 2020I’m 5’3” 260#. 4xl loose fit. Perfect looks great onWas this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Thanks for the sizing information in your review. We hope you have all sorts of fun bringing back flapper fashion in the 2020s!
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | September 19, 2019It is very cute and I think it will be fun to wear, It does run a little bigWas this review helpful to you?
- good fit, definitely a costumeBy pr | March 20, 2019It fits fine, wish it were made with better quality material. But then again, it's a costume--not a real dress! I appreciate cute outfits being available in plus sizes, and the accessories are a nice touch.Was this review helpful to you?
- Dress is good, fur shrug is awfulBy Browneyes | October 16, 2022Shrug looked terrible. I threw it in the trash and ordered a faux fur designed for wedding parties. Hope that one looks better!Was this review helpful to you?
- Very happy with dressBy Anonymous | September 10, 2022The dress seems well made and good quality. Arrived quickly with good communication throughout transaction.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | January 20, 2022Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | December 30, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Poor qualityBy Kimberli | December 7, 2021Height 5'8"The fur was horrible. I don't recommend this dress and I'm returning it.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Becky | November 1, 2021Height 5'7" | Weight 220 | Size 1XIt fit well. the wrap will need a lot of TLC before you wear it, as it is just faux fur (of course) and has been folded up for who knows how long. I'm going to try steaming it, as an iron will melt the plastic fibers. Gave 3 stars because of the amount of work I'll need to put in to be able to use the wrap, and it's a little scratchy.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 24, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 21, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 2, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Debbie | July 11, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018Was this review helpful to you?