Plus Size Charleston Flapper Costume
- Waist Sash
- Pair of Fingerless Gloves
- 9% polyester 91% nylon
- Dress has floral lace bodice with "crinkle" pleat skirt
- Capelet made of faux fur has hook and loop to attach to dress straps
- Headband has tulle and chiffon flower and elastic for a perfect fit
- Sash is 82 inches long
- Fingerless gloves made of stretch lace
Do you sometimes imagine yourself as a high society lady? We can see it, you're looking at flappers, aren't you? People from the twenties had high society down to a tea. It was the gilded age so people really went all out. In high society, nothing was untouched, left boring and untextured.
Cars had only been around for a short amount of time before people were driving around in shining Speedsters in bright colors with giant hood, sculpted to perfection. Those perfect cars carried around elegant people, their hair in perfect waves, faces powdered and rouged, and shoulders wrapped in furs. Those elegant people were headed to the theatre to see the talkies on the silver screen or the speakeasies to sip illicit hooch while listening to that new kind of music they were calling jazz. This age was all about sound, texture, and energy. So, it's no wonder why we still look up to the fashion of that time.
Maybe you're going to a 20's style concert or party, maybe you're simply choosing wisely for your next costumed affair, either way, you're sure to love this Charleston flapper ensemble. The dress has a dropped waist with a sash and a pleated skirt. The shoulders are covered in faux fur for that 20's style level of sophistication. With the flowered headband, you're just about ready for your first night at the speakeasy or whatever high society people like you do.
|1X||Dress Length Including Strap||48"||122cm|
|2X||Dress Length Including Strap||48"||122cm|
|3X||Dress Length Including Strap||48"||122cm|
|4X||Dress Length Including Strap||49"||124cm|
|5X||Dress Length Including Strap||49"||124cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Great Costume!By godzgurl | February 15, 2020This costume was perfect and pretty authentic! When I first took it out of the packaging I thought it might be too big but it wasn’t! It fit just right. The sash was smaller than I thought so I ended up not wearing that. But I got lots of compliments on it!Was this review helpful to you?
- PerfectBy Sandy Mooney | February 10, 2020I’m 5’3” 260#. 4xl loose fit. Perfect looks great onWas this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Thanks for the sizing information in your review. We hope you have all sorts of fun bringing back flapper fashion in the 2020s!
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | September 19, 2019It is very cute and I think it will be fun to wear, It does run a little bigWas this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Debbie | July 11, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- good fit, definitely a costumeBy pr | March 20, 2019It fits fine, wish it were made with better quality material. But then again, it's a costume--not a real dress! I appreciate cute outfits being available in plus sizes, and the accessories are a nice touch.Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018Was this review helpful to you?