Ladies Plus Size Swanky Flapper Costume
- 100% polyester
- Dress has zipper in center-back
- Dress is made of black velvet printed with gold glitter and has a slight stretch
- Metallic gold lace adorns the neckline and hem
- Dress has fringe at the hem
- Headband made of stretch gold sequin with black ostrich feather
- ** Gloves, Boa, and cigarette holder are not included**
- Dress has sequins and fringe at shoulders
The roaring twenties, an epic era when women were cutting that long Victorian hair, snipping off their heavily boned corsets, and saying a not so fond fair well to the strict code of conduct that society had placed on them for ages. A time of beautiful shining Rolls-Royce cars, gorgeous art deco buildings, and lavish parties. For a decade that outlawed booze, these folks sure knew how to party!
Maybe it's the sneaking around that made those all night speakeasy dance parties so memorable through the ages. After all, we hardly have to walk down an alley and use a secret knock to get a cocktail these days... maybe that would make going out a little more exciting! But really, everything from the cocktails to the way women were wearing their hair contribute to the history of the era. Understated was not a popular look at this time, it was all about texture, sparkle, and movement, thus the obsession with fringe.
So, fringe you say? This Swanky Flapper costume would go over quite well at a roaring twenties bash! Those flappers would flip over the awesome amount of fringe featured on both the hem and sleeves of this dress. Add a black boa and learn the Charleston and you'd be ready to jump into a time machine and become a part of that legendary era. Whether you're dressing up for Halloween or you're attending a roaring twenties costume party, this costume is sure to be a hit. Hope you're ready to shimmy, after all, you can't let all that fringe go to waste!
|1X||Length of dress||35"||89cm|
|1X||Length of Fringe||5"||13cm|
|2X||Length of dress||36"||91cm|
|2X||Length of Fringe||5"||13cm|
|3X||Length of dress||38"||97cm|
|3X||Length of Fringe||5"||13cm|
|4X||Length of dress||38"||97cm|
|4X||Length of Fringe||5"||13cm|
|5X||Length of dress||38"||97cm|
|5X||Length of Fringe||5"||13cm|
- Beautiful dressBy Current Customer | November 13, 2019Fabric was so soft. I usually wear a size 14 but ordered a 1X and it fit perfectly. Excited to wear this to a Roarin 2020 dance.Was this review helpful to you?
- qualityBy judine2 | November 9, 2018The costume arrived well in advance of my party. The fit was sized just right. The quality was outstanding (I saw a lot of cheap stuff at my party). It was a just thick enough, but thin, velvet that hung without clinging or showing every bump. It was so classy I think I could even wear it to like a New Years party!Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | May 7, 2021They really do run small . So beware of size chartWas this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | February 18, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- True to fitBy Current Customer | December 8, 2018Really love the quality and the dress is spectacular.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 27, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018Was this review helpful to you?