Dark Plus Size Red Riding Hood Costume
- Basket hanky
- 100% polyester interlock knit and stretch velour fabric
- Red interlock floor-length pullover dress has black stretch velour corset bodice
- Black satin ribbon edging & lacing over dark red bodice inset panel black mesh overlay
- Red organza ruffle and small red satin rose at neckline
- Black edging & black ribbon ties at neck of hooded cloak
- Black & red gingham print interlock hanky
- Basket is NOT included
- Also available in standard size
The dark woods
It can be dangerous heading into the dark woods all by yourself. There may be any number of big, bad creatures in there just waiting for you to cross their path so they can spring into action and make you their next meal!
As scary as they may be though, the dwellers of the woods need to be careful as well, because sometimes someone enters the woods who may not be all that they seem, and could have sinister intentions of their own. That innocent looking traveler in the red riding hood may even be luring those poor unassuming beasts into a trap, and when they let their guard down, the trap gets sprung and the hunters become the prey. Oh no!
If you want people to know you are up to something without giving away all of your secrets, this Plus Size Dark Red Riding Hood costume strikes that balance between sweet and wicked. We think it will be a fantastic choice this Halloween!
For this edgy twist on the classic fairy tail character, the red and black color scheme of the ruffled, lacy dress and corset is perfectly tied together by the red hooded cloak. The floor-length red dress and cape make this costume unique and sassy! A pair of high boots or heels will complement this outfit well, as will a basket for carrying around all of your mysterious accouterments. Keep your eyes open for the Big Bad Wolf in this costume, because he will definitely be keeping an eye out for you!
Classics and more
In plus sizes, this Dark Red Riding Hood is a great choice for any lady who's looking to put a new spin on an old classic. Of course, we have plenty of other classic themed costumes, as well as modern choices, too! Browse our entire selection to get up-to-date on all the coolest costume trends!
|1X||Chest||36" - 46"||91cm - 117cm|
|1X||Waist||30" - 40"||76cm - 102cm|
|2X||Chest||40" - 50"||102cm - 127cm|
|2X||Waist||38" - 48"||97cm - 122cm|
|3X||Chest||44" - 54"||112cm - 137cm|
|3X||Waist||42" - 52"||107cm - 132cm|
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @@funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Red Riding HoodBy Jocelyn S | September 28, 2015This costume fits true to size. The bust has ribbon to easily adjust the size in the bust. The material has a silky feel to it. It is low cut, but I wore a black bra with it and you could even tell. There is a tie on the underneath side of the skirt that you tie to the ribbon on the outside of the skirt to shorten one side of the skirt. It makes the slit. You can adjust the length of the slit. I love this costume! It is sexy without being too revealing. I wear a size 16-18 and it fit nicely.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costumeBy Jill | October 11, 2016Great costume, you'll keep warm if you wear it outside. I bought a 2X, I am normally a size 16-18 with 38DD Bra. The costume was a little too big in mid section. I'd recommend going to a 1X do to the material being stretchyWas this review helpful to you?
- Beautiful!By littlereesa5 | August 12, 2015I wore this costume last year for a Halloween party. Everyone loved it and it was made beautifully. I would highly recommend this costume to any plus size ladies who want to look absolutely stunning!Was this review helpful to you?
- From size 40 to most beautifulBy Tanisha H. | November 14, 2018When my mom first bought the costume, my initial thought was "This isn't gonna fit my full figured body!" I tried it on and OMG!!! This is not only the most beautiful costume I have worn, it's my first sexy, but very cute costume I have worn! I was a size 40 in 2011. Had bariatric surgery in 2013. Now, I'm a size 26 and this costume fitted me like a silk scarf. I was getting comments saying how beautiful I look in the dress!
Though I did find that the top was a little bit too busty, but nothing to fret over! If you are a plus size and feel and think that you can't be beautiful. Toss all the negativity aside, pick out a costume and just feel beautiful and be free! Cause you're all beautiful inside and out!Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Thanks for the awesome review for the Red Riding Hood costume! I am so glad it worked well for you, and it sure sounds like you were the hit of the party/event. Love the positivity.
- Amazing Costume!By discolove | October 20, 2014This costume is beautiful and made with high quality. I wore this to a theme wedding and everyone loved the dress and cloak. The Fit Finder was dead on. It is difficult finding a support garment to fit under the top part of the dress, but I wore a corset and it worked well. Loved everything about this costume!Was this review helpful to you?
- BeautifulBy Mara | October 25, 2020Height 5’2 | Size 2XThis costume fits amazingly. It looks beautiful. It’s a little long but I am short! I picked this costume because Halloween in the northeast can be very cold and this covers so you can wear a lot underneath. The dress part slips right on like a long dress and just tie the front part. The back is plain red and the forest only shows the front half if you take your cape thing off. Highly recommend.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Cute costumeBy Anonymous | November 1, 2017I'm a size 18 and I purchased a 3X. I'm so glad I did because of my boobs. The top is very reviling I wore a bandeau and it looked like it was part of my costume. Other than that the costume was super cute and I received a lot of compliments. I recommend if you are top heavy to size up!Was this review helpful to you?
- Sizes 22+ do not despair!By Rebecca | October 20, 2014I'm going to be honest, I bought this not knowing if it would fit or not. The packaging says the 3x fits about a size 20-22. I usually wear a 26. When it arrived I crossed my fingers and pulled it on. I removed the ribbon to try it on, and it fit! I did hear some brief creaking from the stitching but I don't see any stretched threads. I would like to also point out that this costume shows a HUGE amount of chest. At least 50% of my breast/upper chest is exposed. I do not know if I can even find a bra that won't show underneath it. It is however, very beautiful, and sexy. Very pleased with my purchase. When I need a costume again I will be coming back here.Was this review helpful to you?
- Love itBy scd1991 | October 9, 2013I only wish that the corset looking part was a little longer it's beautiful and comfortable there is zero breast support so find a bra that can hide under the material the straps are wide enough to cover a Normal bra strap. It's almost perfect! And the cloak. Awesome.Was this review helpful to you?
- great costume!!By Anonymous | November 9, 2013True fit - not too revealing! !Was this review helpful to you?
- Love Red Riding Hood...By Jill | November 5, 2016The costume fit perfect. I love it, my husband, and all my friends and family loved it. Thank you very much.Was this review helpful to you?
- Contest winnerBy Jill | November 3, 2016I won a costume contest this year with this! I had a problem with it gaping at the top, but I'm not busty. I like that you can choose to bustle it to show leg or not. I'm a size 16, 5'5 and 1x fit fine, even a little roomy in the midsection (where I carry my weight.) Hope that helps!Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costumeBy Jill | September 12, 2016My complete order actually arrived earlier than expected. I love the costume and it looks exactly like it's advertised. Everyone loved it!Was this review helpful to you?
- Wonderful costume!!!By Anonymous | October 11, 2015I love this costume!! It's absolutely adorable and made with pretty good fabric unlike some Halloween costumes that are made with cheap fabric. It's a perfect fit and true to the size. It can be a BIT revealing, just FYI. But, it's a perfect amount of cleavage for me. Not too much but just enough, so I can still take my niece out trick or treating without looking "slutty" haha and then will be great for the Halloween party as well! If you want a super cute and sexy outfit for Halloween, I strongly recommend this costume!!
Happy Halloween!! :)Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Terri-Ann Blades | August 1, 2015Omg I love this. Yes it's quite revealing but wow it's beautiful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Oh Wolf!By Kiki | October 9, 2020Height 5'5" | Weight 320 | Size 3XI'm a bit embarrassed to put my weight on this review but I want to be as helpful as possible to anyone looking into this costume. I wear a size 22/24 jean and I ordered the 3X not thinking it would actually fit. However I saw several reviews where individuals were a size 26 and it fit them, so I figured what the heck? I am so glad I took the chance. The costume fits beautifully, yes you can see my "flaws" but if I'm honest anything I wear will show my rolls. Regardless I feel beautiful and fun in this costume and I will be rocking it for Halloween and at our local Ren Faire next year. Stay beautifu!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 5, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 4, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | September 23, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | December 27, 2018Costume was just as pictured and I received all kinds of compliments. Loved it!!!!Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 19, 2018Fit great, looked good.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018Absolutely love the costume. However I really don't think it was worth the price I paid for it ($89 Canadian) I wanted to send it back (because I found a perfect costume for a quarter of the price) but after the exchange and restocking fee it wasn't worth the hassle. I also was given 2 gift cards in my irder, 1 was expired and the other didn't work.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 15, 2018Arrived as indicated, good quality and many compliments. I attempted to get discount as my first order and to offset shipping to receive overnight but not given is only complaint.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Hello! Thanks for the great review! We appreciate it. Our apologies that you did not receive the discount on the order. I can see that you are a 1st time customer with us, and it should have applied.
The discount has now been applied and will show as a refund back onto the method of payment used when you placed the order. For future reference, our customer service department is readily available through phones, chat or e-mail, is very customer friendly, and will always help out as needed with any questions/concerns on an order.
- Plus size friendly ??By Vanessahhh | November 12, 2018First time that I looove how a costume fits at the first try!! Got so many compliments on it. For sure getting my costume here next year!! Love the quality of the material. Although the twins were practically all out that night lol but I didn’t mind it because it fit sooo well ??Was this review helpful to you?
- THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!!!By Current Customer | November 11, 2018These folks are great. Stand by their product. With great customer service. Thank you for being a business you can count on.Was this review helpful to you?
- Not true to sizeBy Current Customer | November 4, 2018Not the best costume, very light weight- rips easy, fitting not anywhere near accurateWas this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Hello! Thanks for your input on the item. In looking at your order, I can see that you did not attempt to contact us about any concerns with any items on the order.. We are readily available through our phones, chat or e-mail options to address and attempt to resolve any and all issues with anything we offer.
- Perfect!By Sibonay | November 7, 2017I purchased the costume to wear to a Halloween event. For the most part, the dress fits true to size. I usually wear a 16/18, and the 2x fit perfectly. There was even a little bit of extra room, I didn't feel the pressure to wear my spanx (even though I did anyway.) The only "downside" is that it's low cut, and meant for someone a little bustier than I could fill out. Other than that, it was a great costume!Was this review helpful to you?
- Looked greatBy Current Customer | October 19, 2017This costume didn't 'hide flaws' as well as they say it does but still was a good fit. The material was very nice and definitely held together better than other costumes we bought in the past.Was this review helpful to you?
- So cuteBy Kelli Jones | December 21, 2016Very sexy. Love it cant wait to wear it.Was this review helpful to you?
- AWESOMEBy FREDDY | September 26, 2016beautiful and excellent qualityWas this review helpful to you?