Classic Plague Doctor Costume for Adults
- Jacket w/ Attached Capelets
- Pair of Gloves
- Cross Necklace
- 100% polyester gabardine & faux leather
- Jacket has antique-gold-tone buttons at center front
- Jacket has 2nd column of buttons for double-breasted look
- Faux leather belt has hook & loop fastener at back, threads through loops at waist of jacket
- Balaclava-style hood covers head & neck, leaves face exposed
- Foam-backed faux leather mask has elastic band around back of head
- Mask has mesh-covered eye openings, will restrict vision
- Forearm-length faux leather gloves
- Foam-backed faux leather hat has wire in brim edge for shape
- Gold-tone metal cross hangs on cord necklace
- Staff and lantern shown in photo are each sold separately
A Plague On All Their Houses
The plague was so intensely serious that for the rest of the time, people didn't even call it by its full name. They just called it "The Plague". Europe is still feeling the effects of the sickness that decimated the population in waves more than 600 years ago. In Poveglia, Italy people still report a sense of being watched and a feeling of hands scratching at them as soon as they step foot onto the island that, incidentally, was used as an inhumane quarantine. People hear crying in the old houses where people once perished of the disease. Modern tourists at plague sites sometimes capture souls that are still sticking around, waiting for a cure. While the black plague might have happened half a thousand years ago, memories of the disease are alive and well. That's why this plague doctor costume is still enough to send shivers down our spines.
Details & Design
This high-quality costume brings the paintings of the black plague to living, breathing life. The robe has a capelet layered around the shoulders and gold-tone buttons down the front. It's peppered with details such as a cross necklace, a black hood, and a pair of black gloves. It's completed with a brimmed hat and a white mask with a long beak. Pair it with a staff and a lantern to make this plague doctor come to life!
While the horrors of the plague might be concentrated down to a ghostly whisper on Europe's shores, you can bring history to life this Halloween. This high-quality look is perfect for creeping your friends out at costume parties and nice enough to be worn for homemade horror movies and music videos. Whisper the ghostly tales of the plague and watch as the plague of fear takes hold of the people around you!
|Medium||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | November 1, 2019I bought different gloves, a hat and mask. The gloves were ripped and didn't fit anyway (too small). The mask was wrinkled and hard to see. The eyes were mesh. The hat was alright but wrinkled some, I found one I liked better. Everything else was great and made an awesome costume.Was this review helpful to you?
- Gloves came with holes :o( One Button fell offBy DougieFresh | October 5, 2019Need to iron all the wrinkles out, Severely wrinkled, but I guess that is to be expected. Gloves had holes in them can't wear them, They are super small, will NOT fit a grown man. Button fell off and not the thread, the cast in the metal button broke off and I have not even worn this yet. I need new gloves and a button Face mask stitching is coming out and there are stains all over the mask that is suppose to be white :o(
Not happy at all, especially for the price....Was this review helpful to you?