Plus Size Classic Plague Doctor Costume
- Jacket w/ Attached Capelets
- Pair of Gloves
- Cross Necklace
- 100% polyester gabardine & faux leather
- Jacket has antique-gold-tone buttons at center front
- Jacket has 2nd column of buttons for double-breasted look
- Faux leather belt has hook & loop fastener at back, threads through loops at waist of jacket
- Balaclava-style hood covers head & neck, leaves face exposed
- Foam-backed faux leather mask has elastic band around back of head
- Mask has mesh-covered eye openings, will restrict vision
- Forearm-length faux leather gloves
- Foam-backed faux leather hat has wire in brim edge for shape
- Gold-tone metal cross hangs on cord necklace
- Staff and lantern shown in photo are each sold separately
Resorting to Medieval Methods
You've seen the signs. The time is nigh. Yea, though you have prepared thyself with hand sanitizer and nose tissues, flu season is upon your office. It only takes one weak link to walk into the office with a hoarse throat and succumb to a fit of sneezing to spread the pestilence and plague among the people. And while you may partake in preventative measures such as Airborne and Vitamin C supplements, it's only a matter of time before it takes you down too! Unless that is, you resort to medieval methods. Now, we're not suggesting that you head out and buy some leeches to balance out your humors. And storing the Philosopher's Egg at your desk might stink up the office. And while wearing necklaces of garlic might be handy for lunch, it won't do much for your popularity. Instead, why don't you do as the medieval doctors did and avoid the fluish miasma until flu season is over!
Details & Design
This high-quality Plague Doctor ensemble was created by our in-house design team. Inspired by the plague mask that once held fragrant herbs to keep disease at bay, care was taken to give this costume's mask structure. It has a modern twist with a wet-look faux leather that makes up the hood and an eerie white faux leather mask. The layered capelet gives this costume an official touch while little details like the gloves and cross necklace add finesse to your macabre ensemble.
A Baroque Bedside Manner
Plague doctors may have had rather dark uniforms but it was for good reason. They thought their waxed coarse cloth robes and beaks were preventing them from catching the disease. The stick they carried allowed them to examine their patients without getting too close. Sure, it wasn't a great way to treat your patients but it might just be the way to go when your coworkers start getting the sniffles this winter!
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- DisappointingBy Joe | October 15, 2019after ordering the first plague doctor costume style (and loving it) I was excited to get the new "classic style". I ordered the same size as the previous (plus size 3XL) and what arrived, did not meet the expectations set by the previous plague doctor costume...the coat itself is great, but the mask was very much smaller then the previous version (does not look like same size in photo display) it also feels like I was sent the kids version mask, or the regular adult size version (it barley covers your face) the gloves are also very much smaller than original plague doctor costume (very hard to get on hands and tight) … the balaclava-style hood was smaller and hard to fit over my head (extremely tight, very uncomfortable) … honestly the coat is the only thing that feels like the size is correct... I really do feel like I was sent the kids hood, mask, & gloves in the 3XL bag … really disappointing... luckily I still have the original version, so I should be able to mix and match the two to get something that works for me... good luck to everyone else that orders the CLASSIC PLAGUE DOCTOR costumeWas this review helpful to you?
- Had to return it.By Zane | October 23, 2019The white mask wasn't separated from the rest of the black material, so it was covered in markings. The mask also wasn't very sturdy. Looked really good in the photo.Was this review helpful to you?