Girls Red 50s Sweetheart Costume
- 26 Iron-on Monogram letters
- Girls Red 50s Sweetheart Costume
- 100% polyester knit dress, black bodice w/ red trim and white decortive buttons on front
- Attached red skirt has elastic waistband and printed poodle design w/ sequin "leash"
- Black petticoat w/ polka dot trim and elastic waistband
- Faux leather belt w/ plastic buckle and adjustable Hook and Loop fastener strap
- Black scarf w/ white polka dots and Hook and Loop fastener fastener
- White foam monogram letters w/ self adhesive
The 50s always seem like a more wholesome, innocent time. It seems as though people were more connected and had more clean fun with their friends.
Sock hop sweethearts aren't as common as they once were, but we think your little girl can bring it back! Just have her show up to the dance wearing an adorable poodle skirt costume like this and the 50s might just start coming back. The 1950s, that is. The 1850s totally weren't as cool as the 1950s.
This cute retro girl’s costume comes with everything your little one needs to travel back in time this Halloween. The 100% polyester knit dress has a black bodice with red trim and white decorative buttons on the front. The attached red skirt has an elastic waistband for a comfortable fit and it also has a printed poodle design with a sequin leash to add a little modern bling to the look. Also included is a black petticoat with polka dot trim. The petticoat also has an elastic waistband. The details are what really set this costume apart from the other 50s costumes out there. The faux leather belt has a plastic buckle and an adjustable Hook and Loop fastener strap. The black scarf has white polka dots and a Hook and Loop fastener fastener to keep it in place all night long. Top it off with the white foam monogram letters with adhesive to give it a personal touch. Add a pair of bobby socks and saddle shoes for a complete look!
|Small||Waist||20" - 24"||51cm - 61cm|
|Small||Child Size||6 - 8||6 - 8|
|Medium||Waist||21" - 27"||53cm - 69cm|
|Medium||Dress Length||30 1/2"||77cm|
|Medium||Child Size||8 - 10||8 - 10|
|Large||Waist||23" - 29"||58cm - 74cm|
|Large||Dress Length||31 1/2"||80cm|
|Large||Child Size||10 - 12||10 - 12|
|X-Large||Waist||24" - 31"||61cm - 79cm|
|X-Large||Dress Length||31 1/2"||80cm|
|X-Large||Child Size||12 - 14||12 - 14|
Follow us @funcostumes and tag us with #yesfuncostumes for a chance to have your photo featured here.
- One StarBy Anonymous | November 8, 2022Costume was too small for my daughter.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 19, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 14, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- LOVE!!By Amanda | October 23, 2019I bought this for my daughter's Father/Daughter themed dance. It was adorable!! My daughter loved it and she really looked amazing!!Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Current Customer | November 16, 2018This outfit is super cute! I would recommend washing the pettiskirt before wearing to take the stiffness out. Also, order a size bigger than you normally buy. It seems to run on the small side.Was this review helpful to you?
- Don't Iron on the Initial!By Current Customer | February 24, 2017Overall the costume looks as pictured, although I found it runs slightly large. It comes with a plastic bag of letters and instructions to sew on an initial, which I though was a cute touch. That said, even at my irons lowest setting, it burned a hole through the costume only hours before the 50's dance. That was a huge disappointment and I don't recommend that you even use the initials. The belt appears to be a one size item, and was impossible to wear on a small frame.Was this review helpful to you?
- Sock hop dressBy Current Customer | February 16, 2017My daughter liked it but did not like the petticoat she said it was to itchy.Was this review helpful to you?
- Cute!By Maryann | May 27, 2016Needed this in a hurry for a school sock hop! True to size. Large is a 10-12. Petticoat fabric was on the itchy side. But overall very cute costume.Was this review helpful to you?