Handmaid's Tale Women's Costume Robe
- 100% polyester
- Robe closes at the front w/ 3 buttons
- Over sized hood attached to the robe
- Sewn-in bolero shrug with attached sleeves
- Open side seams below arm openings
- White bonnet has elastic band on the backside
- Exclusive and officially licensed
Blessed Be the Fruit
What kind of Handmaid are you? Are you the strong, silent type who does her duty until (hopefully) something changes in Gilead? Are you the upbeat, cheerful type, like Janine, who prefers to see her blessings despite all her hardship? Are you Emily, with an iron-cold stare and will to match, determined to uproot the system? Or are you our heroine, June—crafty, clever, brave, fierce, and caring? It doesn't matter! You know as well as we do that regardless of your personal flair, all Handmaids wear the same uniform. It's up to you what you do in it!
Show your devotion to The Handmaid's Tale this Halloween when you don our exclusive Handmaid's Tale costume for women. There will be no mistaking you for a Martha or a Wife once you're bedecked in this signature look, but that's OK—you're a Handmaid with a will to win, and something tells us the revolution is just getting started!
Design & Details
Our designers teamed up with Hulu (and Aunt Lydia) to develop this licensed, official look taken straight from the show! When you only get one ensemble to wear day in, day out, you want it to be the best—that's why our costume studio took such care to craft a regulation red cloak and white bonnet that could withstand the four seasons in Gilead (and, fingers crossed, a Canadian winter). If you don't want to be sent to the colonies (and you don't), then you'll need your approved Handmaid's garb on at all times; don't get caught without it! We honestly never know what will happen in Gilead at any given moment, but trust us, you don't want to find out.
Nolite te Bastardes Carborundorum
The resistance may have been thwarted in Season 1, but don't worry, we sense a resurgence coming. Until then, lay low, huddle up with this exquisitely crafted (and perfectly utilitarian) robe, and focus on leaving your legacy, perhaps carved into a closet wall.
|Small/Medium||Shoulder to Shoulder||13"||33cm|
|Small/Medium||Sleeve Length||27 1/2"||70cm|
|Small/Medium||Upper Sleeve Circumference||12"||30cm|
|Large/X-Large||Shoulder to Shoulder||16"||41cm|
|Large/X-Large||Sleeve Length||28 1/2"||72cm|
|Large/X-Large||Upper Sleeve Circumference||14"||36cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Pleased and happyBy TripleScoop | October 28, 2019I read the reviews and decided to size up. I am pleased with the L/XL. I also took the suggestion of others and hot glued a headband inside the bonnet so that it stays on my head and will hold its shape better. I am very please with the material, color and design of this costume. Mine has snap buttons down the front.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018The robe was excellent and fit VERY well. The bonnet was lack-luster and not any better than the ones I had seen for lesser price. It came folded up and I could never get creases out, and it wasn’t sturdy at all. The back part of the bonnet was far too big and I had to use a ton of hair pins to keep it in place.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018Too open and thin material. Bonnet didn't fit right or stay on.Was this review helpful to you?
- Runs small, bonnet does not fit wellBy Anonymous | October 29, 2018The costume worked but if I had tried it on in person I would not have purchased it. I was unaware that there were long sleeves attached to the cape. The sleeves are sewn in as a little jacket on the inside of the cape. The sleeves were so tight I couldn't lift my arms and I had to cut them out of the cape. I ordered a small/medium, I am 145 lbs and wear a size small/medium in shirts and was surprised at how small this was. The cape fit fine after I removed the sleeves. The bonnet is terrible. The visor part of it is so long and floppy the whole thing just falls off my head. The bonnet basically just sits on your head and there is nothing to keep it on. I folded the visor in half and hot glued it to give it some form and I also hot glued a headband into the inside to help keep it in place on my head.Was this review helpful to you?
- DisappointmentBy Anonymous | October 17, 2018Runs very small!! I am slender and the arms on the s/m were way too tight. You can use it without the sleeves, but definitely need to wear something under it as any movement pulls this up and the sides are completely open. The material is not as heavy as it looks in the photos and the head piece is completely useless as it is way too big and does not sit right.Was this review helpful to you?
- Just okayBy Anonymous | October 15, 2018Bought for my husband and I to wear for Halloween party- Sleeves are way too tight, regardless of size. I’m 5’9” 135 lbs, slender arms and the sm/md is uncomfortably tight on my biscepts and shoulders making it difficult to raise my arms just to touch my head. Thought the larger size would be better but the sleeves seem to be almost the same size. I’m going to have to cut them out of his costume and have him wear a plain red shirt instead. I’ll suffer through with mine but anyone with slightly bigger arms will have problems. Also the bonnet is useless. It’s massive. Barely able to stay on my head while just standing still. I will have to do something (headband/pins/etc) in order to make it work. And finally, you will need to wear a dress or something underneath as well, as the sides are split and you can see through with normal movements. BUT overall it will serve its purpose for 1 night out! Hope this helps -Was this review helpful to you?
- Has some issuesBy Current Customer | September 29, 2018The overall concept is there. The material is fine. The sizes on the web said a small/medium would fit me. But once I got it the sleeves were way too small. So i upped to the L/XL. The L/XL is too long in the hood over the sleeve so when you try to lift your arms it pulls the whole piece up. Then because they didn't add extra buttons for the L/XL when you bring your hands up the front opens up entirely. Also, apparently the bonnet is sized up on the L/XL so it doesn't even fit your head. I will have to do some tailoring for the hooded piece. I don't know how I am going to get the headpiece to fit. Dissappointed overall.Was this review helpful to you?