Plus Size Handmaid's Tale Women's Costume
- Hooded Robe
- 100% polyester poplin fabric
- Hooded robe has metal snaps at center front
- Long sleeves are sewn inside shoulders of robe
- Sides of robe are fully open, we recommend wearing leggings and a tank top under it
- Bonnet has stiffened wide brim, elastic in lower back edge
- Officially licensed, exclusive
Blessed be the Fight
The Handmaids of Gilead have been through a lot. And we’ve been there, by their side, feeling their emotions all along. Our time watching the goings-on in Gilead have become a little unpredictable. Sometimes we’re boiling in anger. Sometimes we’re hopeless and grieving for missed opportunities. And every once in awhile, we’re smiling in triumph. Because even though the powers that be in Gilead would like to think that they’ve oppressed the handmaids enough to silence them, the women in red are ready to do what they must. Sometimes that means whispering secrets at Loaves and Fishes. Sometimes that simply means dropping a bar of soap into the shopping bag of a friend. When every moment is policed, every rebellious movement is a risk. Taking on the red is no longer a simple sign of submission, taking on the red is taking on the fight.
Details & Design
Directly inspired by Hulu’s epic rendition of Margarette Atwood's The Handmaid’s Tale, our in-house designers took care to capture the tone when putting together this costume. The flowing red robe is floor length with fitted sleeves for utmost modesty. While the robe is loose, the slits are open on the sides so you’ll want to layer your own clothing underneath. The wide bonnet has an elastic edge along the inside of the back for a fitted feel but a natural look. With a bright red color and modest cut, you’ll find that this costume brings just a bit of Gilead rebellion to your front door!
Burning Down the House
Who knew putting on the robes of a Handmaid could make you feel so strong? While this costume is amazing on its own, it’s even better when you pair up with friends that are dressed up as characters from the show. After all, if you’re going to change things, you’re going to need allies.
|2X||Shoulder to Shoulder||21"||53cm|
|2X||Upper Sleeve Circumference||17"||43cm|
|3X||Shoulder to Shoulder||22"||56cm|
|3X||Sleeve Length||29 1/2"||75cm|
|3X||Upper Sleeve Circumference||18 1/4"||46cm|
|4X||Shoulder to Shoulder||22 1/2"||57cm|
|4X||Upper Sleeve Circumference||19"||48cm|
|5X||Shoulder to Shoulder||23 1/2"||60cm|
|5X||Sleeve Length||30 1/2"||77cm|
|5X||Upper Sleeve Circumference||20"||51cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Great costume but poor qualityBy Anonymous | October 30, 2021Was so excited to receive my costume but one it was delivered the material and quality was not great. If you are shorter and 5"2 you definitely need to wear very high shoes so you don't trip over.
This costume only great for a one time wear.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Great costume but poor quality Yes (1) Vote No on the review titled Great costume but poor quality No (0)
- Poor qualityBy Amy | October 30, 2020Size 3XVery poor quality. I only wore it once and the seams were starting to tear. The bonnet is so big i had to safety pin it to make it fit my head. The seams around the hood are frayed. Im never ordering from here again. I hope i can send the costume back and get a refund.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 30, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Faithful RepresentationBy Maria | October 21, 2021Had to return as I ordered too big in 2X. It is true to size. My daughter also ordered and hers was just perfect. Hat tends to be a little lose in the nape. Can be easily adjusted byreducing length of stretch band band. Skirt is quite long and will need hemming for most.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 17, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 16, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 11, 2021Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Do not waste your moneyBy Anonymous | October 16, 2019Very poorly made. Missing snaps on the cape so it has gaps in the front. The attached arm thing in the cape is made for very skinny armed people with tiny shoulders. The cape is not even made the right way where your arms go.
The hat is ridiculous. It it so floppy it lays against your face. You can get better quality on amazon for both the cape and the hat. Very disappointing since I can not send it back due to the arms ripping and I tried to fit it.Was this review helpful to you?
- DisappointedBy Katrina | October 28, 2022Runs way too small, so disappointed I can’t wear it.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Anonymous | October 15, 2022Poorly made. All seams are frayed with loose strings. Long strings came loose and fell off all over me and the house while wearing.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 8, 2022Height 6’0 | Weight 240 | Size 2XWell made, good material. Like the Velcro closures.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Poor quality and way too long!By Anna | September 15, 2022I was super excited to get this costume. It came in the mail today and the parts that are sewn are already fraying and incoming apart. The bonnet is so big it covers my entire face and the robe is 67 inches taller than me and I’m 5’5. I’ll be returning and getting somewhere else.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?