Handmaid's Tale Women's Costume
- Hooded Robe
- 100% polyester poplin fabric
- Hooded robe has metal snaps at center front
- Long sleeves are sewn inside shoulders of robe
- Sides of robe are fully open, we recommend wearing leggings and a tank top under it
- Bonnet has stiffened wide brim, elastic in lower back edge
- Officially licensed, exclusive
The Revolution - Televised
Why do we watch Handmaid's Tale? To those who don’t know any better, it might seem that we're watching a world with a pretty bleak outlook. The atmosphere is controlled, oppressive, and hopeless... or is it?
As hard as the authorities in Gilead might try, it’s impossible to keep the women of the world from trading information. And in this silent, secretive world, information is ammunition. What do the other countries of the world really know about Gilead? When the May Day network helps Handmaids, Marthas, and children slip into Canada, the truth can’t be contained or denied. Some revolutions start with a bang, this one is starting with whispers and a whole lot of muffins.
Details & Design
Our in-house creative team worked hard to do the Handmaid’s dramatic uniform justice. A bright red, flowing robe brings Hulu’s vision of Atwood’s dystopia to your doorstep. The long sleeves ensure your Handmaid’s costume is as modest as the standards of Gilead require while the sides of the robe subtly hang open, allowing you to wear whatever you’re comfortable with underneath. The wide bonnet has elastic in the back for comfort and fit. Slip it over your head and you'll be ready to dismantle Gilead from the ground up!
All Roads Lead to Resistance
They should have never given us uniforms if they didn’t want us to be an army.
We love watching June in action but it's even more exciting to imagine how many more Handmaids and Marthas there are out there in Gilead, fighting the good fight. You can be one of them. Are you ready to put on the red? Pair this costume with sensible shoes and an unstoppable attitude. Whether you’re representing June, Janine, or your own character when you’re wearing this uniform, you’ve just got to remember one thing… Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
|X-Small||Shoulder to Shoulder||15"||38cm|
|X-Small||Upper Sleeve Circumference||12"||30cm|
|Small/Medium||Shoulder to Shoulder||16"||41cm|
|Small/Medium||Sleeve Length||27 1/2"||70cm|
|Small/Medium||Upper Sleeve Circumference||13"||33cm|
|Large/X-Large||Shoulder to Shoulder||17"||43cm|
|Large/X-Large||Sleeve Length||28 1/2"||72cm|
|Large/X-Large||Upper Sleeve Circumference||17"||43cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 25, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Quality costume!By Elizabeth | May 15, 2022This is an incredibly well-made costume, nice fabric, excellent color. I am extremely pleased with it! I'm 5' tall, ordered the XS and had to cut 6 inches off the hem. Other than that, the size is perfect.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 26, 2021Height 5’6 | Weight 200 | Size Large/X-LargeThe material is kind of cheap for how much the costume costs. I also thought the bonnet could have been more structured. It was very flimsy, and doesn’t hold its shape well.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 20, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 15, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Anonymous | October 30, 2019Cute robe and cap. Poor quality of the seamstresses despite higher costs to that of other similar costumes. Lots of bunching and very ,very , very, poor surging without good trimming in addition to fabric imperfections in large areas .
Never will purchase from this company again though I was so hopeful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Almost perfectBy Abysmal.firstname.lastname@example.org | October 30, 2019The robe is perfect! All you need is matching red maxi dress to complete this look since the sides fully slit open. The reason for my 1 star deduction is the size of the bonnet. If you have a ton of hair like I do it's going to be a serious struggle to fit your hair underneath it. I wish the bonnet was a bit larger.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Almost perfect Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled Almost perfect No (0)Monster Responds...Blessed be the fruit. We're so glad that this Handmaid costume worked for you! Your tip on wearing a maxi dress underneath is a good one. Nolite te bastardes carborundorum, thanks for your review!