Roaring 20's Plus Size Flapper Costume
- 100% polyester velour & satin
- Dramatic “V” neckline
- Diamond-shaped sequin ornament at waistline
- Asymnmetric gold satin skirt
- Black velour hat has attached flower
If you're back in the swanky days of the 1920's, would you rather be "the bee's knees" or "the cat's pajamas"? It sounds like a silly question, but anybody who's anybody knows it's serious business, and if you pick wrong, you could wind up being a real wet blanket. We say, why no be both?? When you're dolled up in our exclusive Roaring 20's Plus Size Flapper Costume, you'll be the "cat's bee's pajama knees"!
Okay, maybe that was pushing the 20's slang a bit too far, but it's an easy mistake to make when you're in the mood for some throwback lingo and vintage style costumes. And the Roaring 20's had tons of those! Just one look at some fella in a ritzy suit driving an old Caddy, or a classy flapper doing the Charleston in a lacy, shimmering dress, is enough to make us long for the days of speakeasies, trolley cars, and getting to shout things like "Horsefeathers!" and "Applesauce!" when you get mad. Seriously, it's a great way to blow off steam, you should try it sometime.
But as much as we all love the 20's lingo, it's the flashy flappers costumes like this sassy number that keep making us come back for more! We designed it to have a classic flapper vibe, with a deep neckline and a flared out satin skirt that you can really whip around when you dance. Once you put on the cute matching hat and add a pair of heels and some ritzy jewelry, you'll really be on the trolley, doll!
|1X||Chest||39" - 44"||99cm - 112cm|
|1X||Waist||41" - 45"||104cm - 114cm|
|2X||Chest||42" - 48"||107cm - 122cm|
|2X||Waist||44" - 48"||112cm - 122cm|
|3X||Chest||45" - 51"||114cm - 130cm|
|3X||Waist||47" - 51"||119cm - 130cm|
|4X||Chest||55" - 61"||140cm - 155cm|
|4X||Waist||52" - 56"||132cm - 142cm|
|5X||Chest||58" - 64"||147cm - 163cm|
|5X||Waist||57" - 61"||145cm - 155cm|
|6X||Chest||60" - 68"||152cm - 173cm|
|6X||Waist||60" - 64"||152cm - 163cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Not too shabbyBy Von | October 21, 2013This is a really nifty 20's costume and it fit fine. My only complaint is how cheap the gold fabric looks. It looks really good in the picture, but the actual costume just falls a bit flat. The hat is also a bit large as well.Was this review helpful to you?
- Best Fit EverBy Rose Zayas | May 31, 2017When I saw this costume I knew immediately that this was for me. I immediately tried it on when it came and it fits perfectly when I walk because the gold skirt is longer in the back it is a nice movement and the bodice of the costume fits very well. Because in the past I had bought costumes the sizes are normally smaller than regular clothing so I bought one larger size than I normally wear and it fits absolutely perfect I would recommend this dress for a plus-size lady the bodice is low cut in the front but still very well made and feels wonderful to wear.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Diane mckalvia | October 29, 2021Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 18, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 17, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- One StarBy Anonymous | October 14, 2021Size 1XHat came pretty rumpled up and the rosette was off. Dress material was weird and made me itch and become rashy. Asked for a return and was told to just give it away…I will…and am very thankful for your great customer service for the refund process. Will def order from and recommend your company.Was this review helpful to you?
- Looked like photo but didn't fit like on modelBy Meredith | October 13, 2021The costume came quick and looked as advertised but it had a small tear in the side seam and was way too big. The "runs small for size" comments were wrong and it really is not made for short people.Was this review helpful to you?
- Value, Quality & Amble fitBy Anonymous | August 29, 2021Size 3XI purchased this with apprehension about the fit for a Goddess ("plus size" is such a rude description) Sized lady. It really works and flatters. A little long in the torso, put that's easily altered for a custom fit look. Over all delighted with this dress, quality fabric & sequins.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Defective and Ill FittingBy Current Customer | November 20, 2018The sequin was not attached to the front of the flapper dress. It was defective and was a no go, the defect could not be deguised nor repaired. Sent back and still awaiting my refund 3 weeks later. I will not order from here again.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...I'm so sorry that this had some issues! It does look like you've been refunded for the returning items and please let Customer Service know if you need anything further.
- One StarBy Current Customer | November 14, 2018poor qualityWas this review helpful to you?
- The top part of dress is great!By Current Customer | May 20, 2018This dress was a little cheap but great for the price. The hat is awesome! I usually wear a 2x, after reading the reviews I ordered a 4x to be safe. It was big. I pinned up the front and the pearl neclace I purchased as accessory covered alot. I wish I had purchased hose.Was this review helpful to you?
- Better than expected!By sarasellers | September 26, 2016I thought this would look WEIRD, but it's actually pretty flattering. Neckline is lower than it looks.Was this review helpful to you?