Brave Musketeer Costume
- Tunic/shirt combo
- Boot spats
- 100% polyester interlock knit fabric and foam-backed faux suede
- Tunic is teal blue w/ white collar & sleeves, trimmed w/ metallic silver ribbon
- Long puffed sleeves have elastic cuffs
- Front has printed white filigree cross
- Hat has white feather & pinned-up brim on right side
- Gauntlets have flared & padded cuffs
- Spats have wide fold-over cuffs & elastic band under foot
Did you know that some people think there were really FOUR musketeers? The Alexandre Dumas novel tells the story of a young man, D’artagnan, who is very determined to join the Musketeers of the Guard. He meets three musketeers and is determined to join them, which he eventually does--making four. If that’s the case, then the editor really should have caught that in the final proof.
Oh well. We don’t care about the number--we love Musketeers! So, whether you gather a group of two pals or three, you should show off your strength and skill to your fellow (however many) musketeers in this outfit! When you wear this Brave Musketeer Costume, you’re channeling an epic tale of adventure, friendship, politics, and yes, sword duels. Because really, who doesn’t love sword duels? Boring people, that’s who.
Athos, Porthos, and Aramis (and D’artagnan, if you consider him a “musketeer”) will be happy to have you join their ranks, seeing how you look fierce and festive in this outfit. The look includes a tunic and shirt combo, gauntlets, a fabulous feathered hat, and boot spats. Wear it with your own black pants, or buy a pair of period-specific breeches. Add a fake mustache and beard and a must-have musketeer sword to finish off the look. While we’re busy rewriting history, the “Five Musketeers” sounds like a sequel we’d preorder. And we bet there would be a movie adaptation in its future.
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | February 8, 2021There were a lot more than four musketeers. There was a whole company of them... not only in the movies, but the books and in history.. 'the three musketeers' refers to the 'three inseperables' Athos porthos and Aramis from the books, and D'artagnan becomes a musketeer in the books too.. just fyiBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy philip bartolf | October 25, 2020Perfect for what I needed, and arrived on time, as promised. Very pleased.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy mnapi67 | February 25, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 21, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- 3 musketeerBy Current Customer | December 31, 2015Looking forward to wearing this at work.Was this review helpful to you?