The ALS ice bucket challenge pretty much took over social media this year! It raised awareness about ALS, raised funds for research, and raised arm hair across the country: brrr! Lots of individuals will be dressing as the ice bucket challenge on Halloween this year, but how about making it into a clever costume for two? One of you is the bucket, and the other a cute little ice cube! It's funny, topical, and oh-so-easy to assemble.
The Finished Look
- For the bucket: Start with our red cup tunic and attach a pool noodle handle. Cover the noodle in duct tape to give it a metalic effect, and affix it to the tunic using two large safety pins. This will allow your handle to swivel!
- For the ice: Our tissue box tunic turned inside out makes the perfect cube. If you have a long torso you'll definitely need some extra coverage; We layered our cube over a light blue tank dress. Add a light blue wig, light blue makeup, shiny tights and a few blue accessories, and you'll be melting hearts in no time!
Red Cup Costume - Shop
Tissue Box Tunic - Shop Blue Tank Dress - Shop Stylable Blue Wig - Shop Blue Lashes - Shop
Light Blue Socks - Shop Shiny Tights - Shop Blue Ribbon Shoes - Shop
Halloween nights tend to be chilly, but this ice bucket challenge costume is sure to inspire plenty of warm smiles! Love the idea but you're not part of a couple? Here are some other fun ideas:
- Make it a group costume by inviting more friends to be "cubes."
- Make it punny and go as a Breaking Bad "Blue Ice" Bucket Challenge. Instructions here!
- Dress as your favorite celebrity that took the ice bucket challenge, and dump icy drinks on yourself all night.
(Only kind of kidding about the last one.)