Marilyn Monroe is known for her embodiment of glamour, confidence and charm. Her classic look is unforgettable: platinum blonde curls, dramatic eyes, bright red lips, and, of course, her beauty mark. If you plan on dressing up as Marilyn or any other starlet for Halloween, you can't forget the makeup! You’ll need it to achieve the timeless 1950s look to complete your outfit. Our HalloweenCostumes.com makeup expert has put together a step-by-step video on how to look just like a pin-up bombshell.
What you need: standard size makeup brushes, pink-peach blush, eye shadow primer, eye shadow (brown, champagne, and white), brow pencil in dark blonde, black eyeliner, black mascara, red lipstick, and red lip gloss.
STEP ONE: EYE SHADOW
- Use your finger to spread eye shadow primer from your brow to your lashes.
- With a fluffy blender brush, apply white eye shadow under both brows and in the inside corners below your lash line. This will make your eyes look bigger and brighter.
- Take a smaller eye shadow brush and apply the brown shade in your crease line and directly above the lash line, creating a sideways "V" on your lid.
- Apply the champagne-colored shadow over your lid with the fluffy brush and blend into the crease.
STEP TWO: FINISHING THE EYES
- Line your eye with the black liner from inside to out, using short and smooth strokes. Feel free to extend past your eye a little to create a cat-eye look.
- Apply black mascara generously to your top and bottom lashes.
- Complete your eye look by coloring your eyebrows with a dark blonde pencil - just enough to make them look dramatic but still natural.
STEP THREE: FACE
- Apply pink-peach blush with a large blush brush. Follow the natural lines of your cheekbones.
STEP FOUR: LIPS
- Use a deep red lipstick to achieve Marilyn's timeless look. Then cover your lips with red gloss to make them stand out.
STEP FIVE: COMPLETE THE LOOK
- With black eyeliner, draw on the signature mole right above your laugh-line, between your nose and lip on the left side of your face.
- Find the perfect blonde, curly wig and movie star dress to wear to your Halloween party. Marilyn loved accessorizing with diamond jewelry and long, satin gloves.
- This look would look great with a cute pin up girl costume, too!