Batman Classic Series Grand Heritage Costume
- Headpiece with cowl
- Boot tops
- 100% Polyester
- Grey jumpsuit with the Batman logo sewn on the chest
- Navy blue briefs, gloves with spiked gauntlets, and boot covers
- Yellow foam utility belt with a gold metal buckle featuring a bat etched on it
- Long navy blue cape
- Fabric headpiece with a black polyfoam mask featuring white details
- Bat shark repellent spray not included
Before there were a dozen Hollywood movies about the Caped Crusader, putting on the Batsuit wasn't just a way to pay the bills. It was a calling. And perhaps the only man who could have been the first to heed that call was the inimitable Adam West. Steering each episode obliquely through campy jokes and thrilling stunts alike, his rock-steady voice and steely eyes made the classic TV series a hit. Accompanied by encouraging comments from the boy wonder and onomatopoeia from a series of colorful cue cards, his left hooks and knuckle sandwiches delivered fight scenes crackling with an energy that made you want to shout Kapow!
And since he first appeared onscreen half a century ago, everybody seems to want a turn sliding down a fireman's pole to speed to the aid of Gotham's finest. He just made it look like so much fun! So we offer this super-deluxe Batman Classic Series Grand Heritage Costume, featuring one of the most iconic looks (and the handiest prop belt) ever committed to film. Including authentic detailing on the masked cowl, businesslike fins jutting out of the battle-ready gauntlets, that classic cape with semicircular cutouts, and those magnificent briefs, this costume comes as close as reasonably possible to capturing the goofy charm and kitsch cool of the series that helped bring Batman into almost every living room in America for three seasons during the mid-1960s.
Don't forget to invite a pal to step into the green booties of the matching Robin Classic Series Grand Heritage Costume for a look that says holy retro crimefighting duo!
- Holy bad costume Batman!!!By webhead05 | October 16, 2013Bought this costume because it does look pretty darn cool judging from the stock picture. I'm an average sized guy and didn't really expect everything to fit as it does there but hoped for the best.
All I can say after getting the costume and trying it on is that the belt buckle looks pretty cool!!!
Now, belt buckle aside, the rest of the costume looks as though it was cobbled together by a 9 year old. The bat logo was not centered on chest and is crooked. The gloves were really tight on two fingers and didn't even make it half way over my forearm. The boot covers didn't even go halfway up my shin. The pants, well, you might as well just have a balloon for underpants because the ones it comes with look as though they were made to fit on a giant bouncy ball. And the cowl....oh man the cowl!! It was crushed in the package it came in, the ear look like they were a superglued on afterthought, and it velcros awkwardly under the neck.
This costume looks pretty cool online, but don't let the stock picture fool you. For the cost of this costume, you can do a heck of a lot better with something else!Was this review helpful to you?
- The old bait & switchBy Jordan | October 28, 2022Height 5'10 | Weight 210 | Size X-LargeNot really sure where to begin. One thing is clear, what is on the package is not what you receive.
THE COWL: picture looks dope, but it's been doctored. Not nearly that much separation from the face to the ears. Mine also had the bonus of being cut asymmetrically, so my nose would have to be significantly off-center to have it go over my nose while being able to see. There is also no way to clearly tuck the cowl into the suit. RUNS SMALL
THE JUMPSUIT: LOVE IT! Fits well and feels nice. Worth 40% of the cost simply for the head start this gives you while fixing the other parts. TURE TO SIZE
THE CAPE: picture has to be pinned or a different cape entirely. The cape I received has no sort of structure to let it rest on your shoulders, it's just going to hang back and pull on your neck all night without some pinning or additional alteration. It's a cape without structure, so TRUE TO SIZE?
THE GLOVES: Well if my pinkies were as tall as my middle fingers and my forearms were the same diameter as my wrists I'd be in luck. Sadly I'm built like a human so they do not fit properly. The gloves in the image seem to be made of a stretchy material like the jumpsuit, but they are not. They are a non-stretch silky mess. DOES NOT FIT HUMAN HANDS/RUNS LARGE (fingers)/RUNS SMALL (forearms)
THE BLOOMERS: Okay, so at first I thought these were a wreck but then I realized they're having to accommodate many human sizes, (wife comes to rescue with an idea) If they seem loose, give the ole booty short roll down/pull up and you'll be fine. (worked great) TRUE TO SIZE(S)
THE BOOT COVERS: Yep, They're fine. Big-calved people beware, gonna get tight if they close at all. Some stretch here would have been nice. TRUE TO SIZE
THE UTILITY BELT: As the illustrious Roy Kent would say, "F*****g BRILLIANT!" Looks absolutely amazing, (Would have been cool if the pockets were functional so you could carry your id, wallet, keys, phone, etc.) But overall it nails the looks. TRUE TO SIZE
BOTTOM LINE: If you're looking to buy this proceed with EXTREME caution. If you just want the jumper, belt, and boot covers you'll get them. If you're wanting the whole deal and you're a human, with a human-shaped head & hands, it's a crap shoot.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | March 22, 2022Height 5’11 | Weight 240 | Size StandardCowl /mask has smeared paint areas on mask. Jumpsuit is true to size. The trunks have a badly sewn seam. Gloves, belt, boot covers and cape are all great.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | January 12, 2022Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | December 9, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 20, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | May 4, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- My reviewBy Max | November 10, 2018I love the costume., hate the mask. It was to small and just not accurate looking. But everything else about the costume was great.Was this review helpful to you?
- Hit and a MissBy Anonymous | October 21, 2016I had to return this item. However, I was very impressed with the quality. You get what you pay for. The undergarment gray morph suit was high quality. The belt and cape are very solidly constructed. It just didnt fit me well. Note I am relatively thin 6'4 and the bikini bottoms were too baggy and the mask was too loose. Really nothing I could have done to fix otherwise I would have kept.Was this review helpful to you?