Womens Futurama Leela Costume Kit
- Pair of Boot Covers
- 100% polyester costume accessories
- Synthetic fiber purple wig with hair band for ponytail
- Eye mask secures around head with elastic strap
- Eye mask has mesh holes for easy sight
- Wrist accessory secures with Hook and Loop fastener
- Boot covers secure to foot with elastic straps
Ah, the great Turanga Leela, one one of the many inspiring success stories of the turn of the 31st Century. Raised in a minimum security orphanage with little idea of her own origins, Leela beat the odds at every turn. Taking control of her own destiny, she employed physical skill, mental toughness, street smarts, book smarts, and a “never say die” attitude as she clawed her way up from the bottom, eventually earning herself a plum position as… well, captain of an outdated ship making routine deliveries for a failing company staffed by a team of barely functional losers. But still, she’s the captain!
Even if Leela’s accomplishments don’t add up to quite as impressive a total as she might have hoped, she’ll always be our favorite one-eyed future pilot. And whether or not they admit it outright, we suspect the Planet Express crew would say pretty much the same. (Well, except for the “future” part. To them it’s the present. Except for Fry. For him it’s the future. But also the present. You know what, we’re sorry we brought it up.)
Fix your eye on the prize in this space age costume kit, featuring a synthetic fiber wig in Leela’s signature purple, with an included hair band for securing her all-important ponytail. The large eye mask fits around your head with an easily concealed elastic strap and features mesh holes for your own eyes - just because Leela can see fine through a single eye doesn’t mean you can do the same. Finish it off with a wrist communicator and a pair of boot covers and you’ve got yourself a look that could launch a thousand ships. Or at least the one. If anybody bothered to change the oil recently. And that’s a big “if.”
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Nice Display Pic not nice wigBy Season Buyer | October 2, 2021Size StandardI chose this for my wife to be a couple custome , but the wig is the main thing why she wanted to be Leela. Once received and try it on it's loose, shapeless and very uncomfortable.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- OkayBy Anonymous | October 18, 2018The wig is not great. It's more pink than the purple of Leela's hair and it will take quite a bit of work to style it to look anything like it should since it arrived terribly matted and the wig is not all long hair pulled into a pony tail but instead short hair all around the head and a pony tail on top. If you have long enough hair you might be better off spraying it purple yourself. The other parts of the costume are fine. The eye is comfortable and not terribly difficult to see through and the arm band and boot covers do the job. Overall, for the price this costume is okay, not great.Was this review helpful to you?