Sea Siren Plus Size Costume for Women
- Pair of Wrist Cuffs
- 100% nylon
- Sleeveless sheath dress has back zipper
- Dress is form-fitting above knees, covered w/ iridescent sequins
- Below the knees the skirt billows w/ multiple layers of organza & tulle
- Metallic gold foam belt has hook & loop fastener at back
- Foam crown has faux gem at front, hook & loop fastener at back
- Metallic gold foam wrist cuffs slide on
Gather 'round children. We are going to tell you the nautical lore about elusive sea sirens. Spoilers: it's nothing like the classic cartoon movie you grew up watching. Continue reading at your own discretion. You have been warned...
Being half fish and half human was not always thought of as fanciful. In fact, millions of years ago, humans and sea sirens were at war with one another. Merpeople tried to ban humans from fishing in certain locations in an attempt to protect their finned brethren. Of course, our ancestors did not tolerate their insolence and decided to wage war with the mythical beings. Sea sirens yanked soldiers from ships and dragged them to the dark depths of the ocean. They would also work together forming massive waves to smash barges into one another, wiping out hundreds of their combatants. Eventually, humans prevailed in the end, using their modern tactics to exile the sea sirens. They hauled them to the black corners of the sea, forbidding mermaids from ever seeing the light of day again, which explains why many continue to dispute their existence to this very day.
We've spoken to a historian who is an authority on the Mermaid Wars and he was able to give us an idea of what mermaid warriors looked like back then. Our designers worked day and night to recreate a costume that best depicts the mythological species' attire. Our women's sea siren costume is modeled after the historian's explanation. You'll be draped in sea foam colored sequins, gold wrist cuffs, a matching belt, and a jeweled headpiece. You'll look legendary once you complete your transformation into sea siren royalty!
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Very happyBy Current Customer | August 22, 2017Wonderful service. Item was exactly as advertised. Thank you.Was this review helpful to you?
- Pretty but dangerous.By Jessica | October 29, 2018This costume runs large. I measured everything very close and ordered accordingly. Return exchanged and the smaller size should have been perfect. It was still too large. BE AWARE this whole top of the costume is sequins which matted my hair beyond belief. I struggled for 3 hours to get all the extreme mats out. I have hair down to my waist and would suggest everyone with long hair, get your hair off of the sequins. Non negotiable. It is very beautiful though. But your hair HAS to be up if it goes beyond your shoulders.Was this review helpful to you?
- Pretty, but the worst.By Jess | October 29, 2018First off I want to say, this company was EXTRMEELY helpful after an hour long wait on hold. I called 2 weeks before halloween to get an exchange done. I was in the 80's as far as people ahead of me waiting to be helped. This costume runs large. And is very beautiful. Unfortunately if you have long hair BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL. I wore this for about 10 hours and the sequins matted my hair so bad it took 2 hours to get my hair unmattedWas this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Janice Ong | October 20, 2021Great costume! I look stunning in it but delivery took over one month! And SingPost delivered to my residence 3x unsuccessfully and I had to make time to go down to collect. Bad postal experience.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 20, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Tonya | September 30, 2021Height 5’4” | Weight 210 | Size 1XIt’s a little bit too big.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | September 29, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy TC Mooner | August 24, 2020Was this review helpful to you?