Toddler T-Rex Costume
- Bodysuit w/ Attached Mitts
- Pair of Booties
- Corduroy & fleece fabrics; polyfoam
- Stuffed fleece scales down back & tail of jumpsuit alongside zipper
- Mitts sewn to sleeve cuffs fold back to expose hands
- Headpiece fastens w/ Velcro tab under chin
- Soft-sculpted dinosaur snout, teeth & spikes on top & back of hood
- Booties have rib knit ankle cuffs
- Also available in child, adult & plus sizes
Remember when dinosaur movies meant something? When they were more than an excuse to show some slick-looking CGI pteranodons terrorizing the guy clutching a margarita in each hand? When they featured lovingly-crafted prosthetic dino parts that looked so real you just wanted to reach out and touch their bumpy, scaly skin? When there were fewer dinosaur holograms? We'd go back in a heartbeat.
Sure, someday we'll all probably get forced to upload our brains into a giant computer, and nobody will be able to tell the difference between a computer-generated dinosaur and the real thing. But until then, we'll stick to making great outfits like this Toddler T-Rex Costume. It's our own playful take on the fearsome appearance of the king of the dinosaurs, and it celebrates the tactile appeal of real-life dinosaur skin!
Well, it's not exactly like real-life dinosaur skin. But it does have a real texture on its real fabric, and it's designed to be worn by your real live child, not a soulless digital model like they'd probably use in the movies nowadays. We thought about making it out of latex so we could get that bumpy-scaly look just right, but we didn't think anyone would want a costume that weighed as much as an actual tyrannosaurus. So we made it out of cozy corduroy and fleece instead, with lightweight polyfoam padding for support!
Your child will love stomping around like a ferocious monster from the Cretaceous era. You'll love the sweetly-nostalgic look of the suit's toothy grin and button eyes. We'll just be glad that we're not all living a dystopian techno-thriller—yet. Everybody wins!
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
1. The quality of the costume has me feeling a little skeptical. The zipper is very dainty. I'm waiting for it to break. The wrists have "claws" sewn onto them, so your child can wear his dino claws, or slip his hands out of the wrist slit and not wear the claws. They are a bit hard to get on and off, I'm a bit concerned that the fabric will rip at some point. Hoping the wrist slits and zipper hold up through two Halloween parties and Halloween night.
2. As mentioned in another review, the "booties" are exactly that, booties. I'm not sure how he's expected to walk around outside without a sole on the bottom of his foot. I wish the booties did not have bottoms so they can be worn over his shoes. The booties are fabric, almost like a sock. Not exactly safe to let a toddler walk all over the neighborhood in socks.
3. Like I said, my son wears a 3T and 4T tends to be big on him. This 4T costume fits him very well, which makes me think it may run a bit small. Order up a size if you're unsure.
4. The head piece (dinosaur's head) got a bit smashed during shipping, so it lost it's shape. I should have enough time to reshape it by Halloween. I wish it had more filling inside to help it hold its shape a bit better.
Overall, my kid is happy, so I'm happy. I would order from this website again.
Monster Responds...Hello, We are sorry to hear that this happened! Did you reach out to the nice folks in our customer service department about this?