Toddler T-Rex Costume
- Bodysuit w/ Attached Mitts
- Pair of Booties
- 89% polyester, 11% nylon corduroy & fleece fabrics
- Stuffed fleece scales down back & tail of jumpsuit alongside zipper
- Mitts sewn to sleeve cuffs fold back to expose hands
- Headpiece fastens w/ hook and loop fastener tab under chin
- Soft-sculpted dinosaur snout, teeth & spikes on top & back of hood
- Booties have rib knit ankle cuffs
Remember when dinosaur movies meant something? When they were more than an excuse to show some slick-looking CGI pteranodons terrorizing the guy clutching a margarita in each hand? When they featured lovingly-crafted prosthetic dino parts that looked so real you just wanted to reach out and touch their bumpy, scaly skin? When there were fewer dinosaur holograms? We'd go back in a heartbeat.
Sure, someday we'll all probably get forced to upload our brains into a giant computer, and nobody will be able to tell the difference between a computer-generated dinosaur and the real thing. But until then, we'll stick to making great outfits like this Toddler T-Rex Costume. It's our own playful take on the fearsome appearance of the king of the dinosaurs, and it celebrates the tactile appeal of real-life dinosaur skin!
Well, it's not exactly like real-life dinosaur skin. But it does have a real texture on its real fabric, and it's designed to be worn by your real live child, not a soulless digital model like they'd probably use in the movies nowadays. We thought about making it out of latex so we could get that bumpy-scaly look just right, but we didn't think anyone would want a costume that weighed as much as an actual tyrannosaurus. So we made it out of cozy corduroy and fleece instead, with lightweight polyfoam padding for support!
Your child will love stomping around like a ferocious monster from the Cretaceous era. You'll love the sweetly-nostalgic look of the suit's toothy grin and button eyes. We'll just be glad that we're not all living a dystopian techno-thriller—yet. Everybody wins!
|18 Months||Sleeve Length||11 1/2"||29cm|
|18 Months||Inseam||13 1/2"||34cm|
|18 Months||Jumpsuit Length||30"||76cm|
|4T||Sleeve Length||14 1/2"||37cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | September 30, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Leah | March 19, 2022Size 2TExcellent!! We are so happy!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | February 13, 2022Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 20, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 17, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Shar | October 8, 2021Size 4TI bought this for a little guy who normally wears a 4T. I checked sizes
for child costume also - XS child size (size 5-6) had same measurements as toddler 4T so that’s what I ordered. It fits but without much room to spare. It’s made well, really a cute costume - just recommend you consider sizing up.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | September 29, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | September 29, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- One StarBy Anonymous | October 9, 2020Size 18 MonthsSo, after I ordered a 2T and got it in I realized the costume was to big for my little one.
So, I got the new size in 18 months. Just had time to try it on my little one and there are several small holes and a HUGE hole in the right leg near the bottom.
While the costume is cute now I have to see up a holes in it. Not worth the money at all.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Adorable!By Current Customer | November 16, 2018Played to rave reviewsWas this review helpful to you?
- Adorable, but quality is so-soBy Dinosaur Mom | October 24, 2018The costume arrived today and it is adorable. My son wears a 3T and 4T tends to run big on him, but I ordered this costume in a 4T and was really surprised at how perfectly it fits him. The color and fabric look just like the picture. Very cute and my son is obsessed with it. He hasn't taken it off yet.
1. The quality of the costume has me feeling a little skeptical. The zipper is very dainty. I'm waiting for it to break. The wrists have "claws" sewn onto them, so your child can wear his dino claws, or slip his hands out of the wrist slit and not wear the claws. They are a bit hard to get on and off, I'm a bit concerned that the fabric will rip at some point. Hoping the wrist slits and zipper hold up through two Halloween parties and Halloween night.
2. As mentioned in another review, the "booties" are exactly that, booties. I'm not sure how he's expected to walk around outside without a sole on the bottom of his foot. I wish the booties did not have bottoms so they can be worn over his shoes. The booties are fabric, almost like a sock. Not exactly safe to let a toddler walk all over the neighborhood in socks.
3. Like I said, my son wears a 3T and 4T tends to be big on him. This 4T costume fits him very well, which makes me think it may run a bit small. Order up a size if you're unsure.
4. The head piece (dinosaur's head) got a bit smashed during shipping, so it lost it's shape. I should have enough time to reshape it by Halloween. I wish it had more filling inside to help it hold its shape a bit better.
Overall, my kid is happy, so I'm happy. I would order from this website again.Was this review helpful to you?
- ZipperBy Anonymous | December 2, 2017Love the costume but was very disappointed when we put it on our son to go trick-or-treating and the zipper completely broke. We had to close the back with binder clips for trick-or-treat ??Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Hello, We are sorry to hear that this happened! Did you reach out to the nice folks in our customer service department about this?
- Great except for the hands and feetBy Anonymous | September 27, 2017There's potential, but this costume isn't very practical. The fit was pretty true to size and the form is structured without being too heavy. The fabric is also nice but not too bulky. The hands and feet are where this costume fails. My son was excited about getting a costume that would give him stomping feet and scary claws. The feet are actual booties (yes, they have cloth soles) and the hands are not sized to be mittens or do anything other than dangle awkwardly over the tips of his fingers. I haven't decided if I will return it or ask a seamstress to sew in an elastic seam to have the mitts accommodate a hand and fix the claw issue. The booties will probably only last one use because they'll soak up any dirt/moisture from the streets.Was this review helpful to you?
- Halloween CostumeBy Debbie | August 22, 2017I was HAPPY with the quality and apperance of the costume. Best Ever!!!Was this review helpful to you?