Roman Empress Costume
- Dress w/attached drape
- 100% polyester interlock knit fabric
- White sleeveless pullover dress has plunging V-neckline
- Maroon front wrap panel & left shoulder drape are edged w/ gold satin
- Dress is trimmed w/ black & gold brocade ribbon at waist & hem
- Armbands are black & gold brocade ribbon w/ elastic
- Antique-gold-tone molded plastic medallions fasten w/ safety pins
All hail the Empress!
People tell you all the time that you have a queenly beauty. You brush them off. Who wants to have queen like beauty when you can have empress like power? Beauty is nothing in comparison to power. You could have anything you want at your beck, and call if you were an empress. Besides you are already beautiful.
And if you are going to be an empress, why not be a Roman empress? Rome was kind of awesome. There were lavish parties thrown by the rich. They would dine on fresh fruit, and sip the wine of their country. Often times lounging as they ate and drank their fill. They sat talking of the goings on of Rome. All the best gossip of war, hedonism, and betrayal.
For a woman who already possess the beauty of a queen, we have this Roman Empress Costume so you can not only have beauty, but power as well. You will be kept fairly busy as a ruler of Rome, but maybe you can have the Senate take care of the business of state. While you lounge with your friends. Eating grapes, and drinking wine. Just be sure to keep a dagger on you at all times. Romans are a crafty bunch who sometimes over throw their leaders. You don't want to be the next Caesar, saying "Et tu, Brute?"
- Excellent!By LMCats | October 7, 2021Height 5'4" | Weight 110 | Size SmallThis is a great design and very flattering. Fits exactly as the measurements specified. It's a little long for my height, but very easy to hem or just pin. Really good quality for the price.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Size Runs SmallBy Anonymous | July 21, 2021Size X-LargeOverall, the costume looks good but the size ran very small. I usually wear a large but sometimes a medium. I rarely wear XL but ordered the XL just to be sure it fit because it came through the mail but it didn't. The material used is not very stretchy so I had a very hard time putting it on and still may not wear it for Halloween because it's very, very tight, not sexy tight but uncomfortable tight. I'm afraid to even move.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | December 15, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 19, 2018Well made and fit perfect!Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018Fit great for me!Was this review helpful to you?
- Perfect!By Current Customer | October 31, 2017Perfect for senior toga day! My daughter loved it!Was this review helpful to you?
- Lovely.By Kia | October 6, 2017I would have preferred if it were same colour as in the photo though.Was this review helpful to you?
- Maria QuinteroBy Maria Quintero | July 9, 2017Great quality! I love itWas this review helpful to you?
- very nice qualityBy Laura Taylor | September 8, 2016I am a size 12-14 dress size. I ordered the XL but really could wear the large. Very nicely made. I like that the back of the dress is the burgundy color so it is not see thru and the material is not cheap or night gown material. I recommend this costume.Was this review helpful to you?
- ROMAN EMPRESS COSTUMEBy Anonymous | December 2, 2013Received in time. Good quality and exact size.Was this review helpful to you?
- Not bad!By Bree | August 26, 2013Fit me perfectly, pretty good quality. Got it a year ago and it's still hanging in there. The white parts are slightly see-though and I couldn't pin on the medallions for the life of me. But it I still got a lot of compliments on it.Was this review helpful to you?