Plus Size Steampunk Lady Costume
- Hat w/ Scarf
- 100% polyester
- Dress has Hook and Loop fastener in back; corset style tie in front w/ faux buckles
- Finger-less glovelettes w/ faux buckles
- Hat w/ scarf; gold goggles w/ elastic band
Do you ever get tired of modern technology, not because of how it works, but because of how it looks? We totally get it. Sometimes even state of the art gadgets and gizmos look like cheap flashy junk. If you're the type of gal that prefers brass, gears, and leather over plastic, LCDs, and wi-fi, then this Plus Size Steampunk Lady Costume is just the getup for your retro adventure!
What exactly makes something “steampunk”? A lot of times, it's something that you just know when you see it, but there's definitely more to making something steampunk than slapping some valves on it and putting it on board a zeppelin. It's a unique style that fuses Victorian Era fashion and sensibility with the loud, gritty, and dangerous look of the Industrial Revolution, which makes everything appear more exciting! For instance, would you want to drive your boring old car to work everyday if you could pilot a “pneumatic powered quad-wheeled auto-buggy” instead? Even though those are basically the same things, the second one sounds much cooler!
The same goes for costumes, and this steampunk getup is much cooler than an average outfit. This costume includes nearly everything you'll need to look daring on your outing, and features a corset-style bodice and a ruffled skirt with industrial-looking faux buckle straps. The matching sleeves and glovelettes add dashing detail to your ensemble, and the foam shaped top hat and vintage style goggles should come in handy if things get dicey. Add a pair of fierce buckled boots and some tights to complete this sassy look, and you'll be ready for some steam-powered action!
|1X||Chest||40" - 44"||102cm - 112cm|
|1X||Waist||36" - 38"||91cm - 97cm|
|2X||Chest||44" - 48"||112cm - 122cm|
|2X||Waist||40" - 42"||102cm - 107cm|
|3X||Chest||48" - 52"||122cm - 132cm|
|3X||Waist||42" - 44"||107cm - 112cm|
|4X||Chest||52" - 56"||132cm - 142cm|
|4X||Waist||44" - 46"||112cm - 117cm|
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Better than expected and good fit!By Anonymous | October 24, 2015Just got this today and was really surprised at how well it fits; and how well made it is for the price.
I bought this costume to go to a Halloween wedding; that is steampunk themed. I bought the 3X and it fits really well. It is more snug than I ordinarily wear my dresses, but, as you can see by the model, it's supposed to fit closely to your torso.
A few things to consider when buying this costume:
The goggles on the hat are cheap plastic and the band is too tight and squishes the top hat.
Also, you will want to get some spray starch and a hair dryer set on high heat to help pop your top hat open and keep it that way. You just spray the heavy duty starch inside and use the hair dryer until it sets. Make sure to buy the spray starch that does not leave marks on dark fabric. I did mine four or five times, inside and out, to make sure the hat will keep it's shape, even if it rains. I used the lace up the front. I did mine from top to bottom to leave the bow closer to the band; and the scarf and added an Alice in Wonderland brooch to the front of the hat to pull it all together. A nice set of goggles would probably also work well.
I also bought a black petticoat to help fluff out the skirt a bit. That adds a really nice touch.
The only other items you will need are some shoes and whatever type of leg covering you choose. I'm going in black and white stripe tights with steampunk heels with gears and brass fittings on them.
I highly recommend this costume, and I will post pictures after the wedding.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great Costume!By Anonymous | September 17, 2016Listed my measurements for size comparisons.
Size Purchased: 3X
Pant Size: 24-26 US
Bra Size: 44DD US
Arm Circumference (Widest Part) 18.5 inches
Waist: 38 inches
Hips: 51 inches
Height: 5'5" (Five foot five)
How it fit:
I put this on and oh. My. God. It was beautiful on me! The arms were just a bit tight for me, but everything else fit nicely. The length was good and when I get my petticoat it's going to look even better.
My recommendations if you buy this costume:
1. *Gently* tug out the tags. They're placed in a rather uncomfortable spot in the arm and it will itch otherwise.
2. If you're handy with a sewing machine, top stitching wouldn't hurt for just a bit more security.
3. Petticoat is a must for a full looking costume!
4. If you decide to just use the goggles instead of putting them on the hat like I am, I would suggest attaching them to a headband or attaching cloth to prevent sliding.
Happy shopping!Was this review helpful to you?
- Nice costumeBy Current Customer | September 28, 20163x fits size 18-20 perfectly. The glasses are kind of cheap but overall it is nice.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Katen Kuhne | October 17, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Perfect fit!By BethRuedi | October 11, 2019And really well made!Was this review helpful to you?
- Perfect fit!By Che | November 20, 2018Good quality and fit really well. i wear a 24 plus size women's and was worried that i wouldnt fit or it would be too short, but it was great! Even wore it to work. Felt Adorable in it!Was this review helpful to you?
- PerfectBy kristalynn | May 23, 2018The size was perfect, it arrived a day early. I will shop here again.Was this review helpful to you?
- Halloween DressBy Anonymous | November 1, 2017Got this for this years Halloween 10/2017.
Costume size- 3x
It fit pretty well a little tight in the bust but the way my bust popped out the top looked good ha ha! . I also switched out the white cord on the hat and chest for a maroon lacy ribbon which gave the overall look a bit more oomph. Adding a petticoat is a must also!
Only problem I had was the dress stitching was BADLY done. There were loose threads and a rip on the side and thread along the gold trim in the front was coming apart too when i took it out of the bag and I hadn't put it on yet but I didn't have time to return/exchange before Halloween so i babied it the best i could. I would recommend buying as long as you have time to either exchange it or have someone with a sewing machine who can reinforce or fix the threads if it shows up like mine did.Was this review helpful to you?
- Plus sizeBy Anonymous | August 19, 2016It was comfortable and cute. Loved itWas this review helpful to you?
- AwesomeBy Current Customer | December 14, 2015Good quality costumeWas this review helpful to you?