Coming to America Akeem Plus Size Costume
- Bow Tie
- 100% polyester jacket; 55% polyester, 45% acrylic faux fur shawl
- Cutaway tailcoat jacket has false breast pocket, narrow collar & lapels
- Shawl styled to look like a leopard's pelt with stuffed head
- Necklace is foam shapes strung together
- Foam crown is set with faux gems; has elastic band at back
- 2.5" diameter medallion has ribbon ties
- White satin bow tie has elastic neck band
- WHITE SHIRT AND PANTS NOT INCLUDED
- Officially licensed, exclusive
American culture can be a bit of an enigma. That’s especially true those who’ve never set foot outside of their country. Just take a look at Akeem, the soon to be King of Zamunda. He’s only been in the country for a few days and everything seems to puzzle him. Like, how do people go about mopping a floor? What’s the deal with American Football? Why does everyone love Soul Glo so much? Why is Samuel L. Jackson living like a pauper when he’s obviously a very talented actor who could get a role in just about any movie he wants? And why do so many of the patrons at the barbershop look suspiciously similar to each other?
Well, the only way to find the answers to these questions is to spend a little time in America! Who knows? Maybe you can pick up a part-time job at McDowell’s and meet the woman of your dreams. You never know!
Design & Details
With this officially licensed Akeem costume, you can become the main character from the iconic 80s film, Coming to America. This outfit recreates the look of Eddie Murphy’s princely outfit. It comes with cutaway tailcoat jacket that has a faux breast pocket and stylized lapels. The shawl fits over your shoulder and is designed to look like a real leopard pelt. Don’t worry though, it’s made from synthetic materials, so no real leopards were harmed in the making of this costume. The necklace is made of large foam pieces and is coated in a shimmering gold paint to mimic the look of solid gold. The matching gold foam crown features plenty of faux gems attached to the front and sides. The costume also comes with a medallion and bow tie to finish out the look. Just pair it up with your own pair of black pants and you’ll look like the crown prince of Zamunda!
For 80s Fans
If you’re ready to learn more about American culture, or if you just have an intense love for 80s comedy, then you’re going to feel right at home in this Coming to America costume.
|4X||Jacket Chest||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
|4X||Front Length||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
|4X||Back Length||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Prince Akeem Awesomeness!By Jordan Smada Anonymous | October 28, 2019O.M.G. this Costume was like one of the best that I have ordered!! It fit perfect and the entire look was a Crowd pleaser!! I totally will be ordering from this company again!!!Was this review helpful to you?
- Beautiful CostumeBy Lelia Arceneaux | November 19, 2019The only reason I returned this costume because we were supposed to be couples and my costume of Lisa, his bride didn't fit. My husband really like the fit, he wears a 3X and ordered a 3X, so their "Made By Us" costume for him was True Fit.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Bryan | November 18, 2018Was very,very pleased with costume and it won first place!??Was this review helpful to you?