We're Ghostbusters fans here at HalloweenCostumes.com and we also love a party. Who doesn't? And with Ghostbusters: Afterlife coming out soon—not to mention Halloween itself!—we've been thinking about ways to celebrate. So we designed some fun Ghostbusters party games and whipped up some recipes so you can throw the ultimate Ghostbusters party! The games are meant for younger kids, but you're never too old to enjoy a scavenger hunt, right? So choose your Gamekeeper and Treatmaster and send out those invites!
Ghostbusters Party Games
Ghostbusters Targets and Scavenger Hunt
|Download the Slimer printable target||Download the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man printable target|
|Download the Terror Dog printable trap||Download the printable Particle Throwers|
We designed these printables for two Ghostbusters activities. If you can think of more, let us know in the comments!
First, place them on walls for Ghostbusters target practice with Nerf darts! We like locations at the end of a hallway. That way you can see who can hit the target from the farthest distance!
Second, you can hide them around the home and yard for a fun Ghostbusters scavenger hunt! The winner is the first to find all of the targets and make it back to home base.
Of course, you'll need Particle Throwers so we made them as printables, too!
Ghostbusters Tic Tac Toe and Trace
|Download the Ghostbusters printable tic tac toe||Download the Ghostbusters printable trace|
Try these tic tac toe and trace printables if you're looking for some sit-down Ghostbusters party activities. For the Ghostbusters tic tac toe printable, carefully cut out the Slimer and Stay Puft Marshmallow Man pieces so you can play over and over again!
Toasted Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Cookies
- 1 bag (16 oz.) large marshmallows
- 1 bag (16 oz.) small marshmallows
- Follow your favorite cookie recipe, but make sure they're not too well done. Allow cookies to cool.
- Make a marshmallow man on each cookie with 1 large marshmallow and many small marshmallows.
- Broil until marshmallow man and cookies are golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Instead of a broiler, use a culinary/kitchen torch to brown the marshmallows and cookies.
If you don't have a favorite recipe, try our favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe!
Another option is to follow a creme brulee recipe and call it a "Stay Puft Marshmallow Man" Creme Brulee!
Peanut Butter Terror Dog Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (for rolling)
- Dog cookie cutter
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds to cream.
- Add sugar (only 1 cup), brown sugar, and peanut butter. Beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Roll dough and cut into dog-shaped cookies.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 8-9 minutes.
This recipe was adapted from Chocolate, Chocolate and More.
- 1 can (12 oz.) frozen lemonade concentrate, partially thawed
- 1 can (12 oz.) frozen limeade concentrate, partially thawed
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 quart lime sherbet, softened
- 2 bottles (2-liter each) ginger ale, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Lemon or lime alcohol (optional)
- Green food coloring (optional)
- In a large pitcher, mix lemonade concentrate, limeade concentrate, and water.
- Add lime sherbet and stir well.
- (Optional) Add lemon and/or lime liqueurs to taste.
- (Optional) Add green food coloring.
- Pour into punch bowl or glasses with ice.
- Top with ginger ale.
This recipe was adapted from The Spruce Eats.
Ecto Cooler Smoothie
- 2 tangerines, 2 minneola tangelos, or 1 sumo citrus, peeled
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 banana, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 1 slice of ginger
- Green food coloring
- 1 scoop plain, unsweetened collagen or whey protein powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened desiccated coconut (optional)
- 1 drop vanilla extract (optional)
- Place all ingredients except green food coloring in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add green food coloring until desired color.
- Pour into chilled glasses.
This recipe was adapted from Foraged Dish.
Edible Ghostbusters Slime
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- Green food coloring
- Food flavoring (optional)
- Follow directions on gelatin package but add food coloring and flavoring to taste (optional).
- Allow green gelatin to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix corn syrup into gelatin to form slime.
This recipe scales easily: 1 package (8 oz.) unflavored gelatin, 4 teaspoons corn syrup, and food coloring/flavoring to taste.
Which was your favorite game and recipe? If you threw a party, how did it go? Tell us all about it in the comments! And remember, if you need a costume for a party, cosplay, or just for Halloween, we carry plenty of Ghostbusters costumes at HalloweenCostumes.com!