Men's Green Praying Mantis Costume
- Pair of Boot Covers
- Jumpsuit: 95% polyester, 5% spandex, tunic: 100% polyester
- Jumpsuit has back zipper
- Hood has hook & loop fastener on chin strap
- Soft-sculpted eyes & proboscis, bendable antennae on top of hood
- Foam-backed tunic has hook & loop fastener at center back
- Foam-backed boot covers have hook & loop fastener strips at back
- Exclusively, made by us!
When we first saw this costume in the office, we were blown away and a little puzzled. First of all, we didn't think it was possible for a human to look so much like an insect. And not just any insect, but one of the rarest arthropods of all time: the Praying Mantis.
We did a lot of research on the unique creature because, well, they're really fascinating and fun to learn about. Basically, we concluded that the Praying Mantis is a mix between an alien, a bug, and a carnivorous beast! To sum up our research in the most simple way possible, the Praying Mantis should not be messed with. They're basically the gangsters of the insect world! We saw videos of them unleashing a whooping on an array of other bugs. One went two-to-two (or arthropod leg to arthropod leg?) with a wasp, a wolf spider, a black widow, and even a snake! We even watched one of these brutes jab a cat in the face before making an epic getaway. It was awesome!
If you think you've got the grit to be one of the top predators in the bug game, then wearing our men's Praying Mantis costume is a wise choice. No bee, beetle, or butterfly would dare bug you when you're wearing the green spandex jumpsuit and the coordinating tunic. The tunic features a thorax, abdomen, and legs while the headpiece fastens under the chin. Finally, put on the boot covers and congratulations, you have just transformed into the Chuck Norris of the insect world!
|Medium||Tunic Length (front)||26 1/4"||67cm|
|Medium||Tunic Length (back)||49"||124cm|
|Medium||Foot Cover Length (heel to toe)||21 1/4"||54cm|
|Large||Tunic Length (front)||27 1/4"||69cm|
|Large||Tunic Length (back)||49"||124cm|
|Large||Foot Cover Length (heel to toe)||21 3/4"||55cm|
|X-Large||Tunic Length (front)||28 1/4"||72cm|
|X-Large||Tunic Length (back)||50"||127cm|
|X-Large||Foot Cover Length (heel to toe)||21 3/4"||55cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- preying mantis costumeBy Shawn Osterloh | November 5, 2022Height 6’ | Weight 212 | Size X-LargeCostume was very nice the only problem is it only zips up the back. If you need to pee, its got to almost come completely off. It should have an opening in the front or be pants and shirt.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled preying mantis costume Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled preying mantis costume No (0)
- Two StarsBy David | November 16, 2022Size MediumBased on the size measurements given, I ordered a medium. Most of the costume fit fine, except the bodysuit. Not onlybeas it tight, but way over exposed in the front, NSFW so to speak. Loved the look, and close to Halloween, so I paid the crazy extra shipping to get the large. It was a bit better, but still wildly tight in the groin and showed off way too much manhood. On top of that, very bunch on the sides. Even tried buying special underwear. The picture is very deceptive. I am not sure how anyone (using just what was sent) will get the smooth look shown. Very disappointed.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- SatisfactoryBy Ben | May 28, 2019The jumpsuit that comes with it was not what I was expecting. I was expecting something like a Morphsuit: form fitting with attached hands and feet, like in the item’s picture,
I might have to get one myself eventually because exposed skin on my neck and hands kinda ruin the illusion of character.
The rest of the costume was okay but like other costumes, I just have to be careful with it and make sure it doesn’t take too much wear and tear.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?