Praying Mantis Costume for Kid's
- Pair of Boot Covers
- Jumpsuit 95% polyester 5% spandex tunic 100% polyester
- Foam costume w/ matte jersey fabric
- Stretchy jersey jumpsuit has zipper down center back
- Foam pullover tunic has fiberfilled front legs
- Arms have hand coverings w/ elastic straps to secure in place yet allow you to use your hands
- Foam boot covers have hook and loop fasteners along the back
- Headpiece has fiberfilled eyes and wire antennae on the top w/ hook and loop under the chin
- Exclusively, made by us!
Bug Eat Bug World
It’s hard being a Praying Mantis. All the other bugs at school make fun of you for not having a dad, even though it’s completely normal in your species for the mom to rip off and eat the dad’s head. Sure, it’s a brutal and unnecessary custom, but does that make it so wrong?
We mean, mosquitoes literally suck blood from any creature they can. Eww. Spiders spend all night working and working on their webs instead of hanging out with their families. Workaholics much? Don’t even get us started on dung beetles!
Be proud of your heritage, young bug. Go off into the world free from judgment or prejudice. Feel free to be the best bug that you can be!
Ever been told that you have big ole bug eyes? Not like this Kid's Praying Mantis Costume! These fiber-filled eyes really pop out of the big bug head and the wire antennae can be set in any configuration for best reception. The headpiece is a helmet that straps under the chin, so if you do indeed have giant bug eyes already, this part of the costume can easily be left at home. The foam boot covers hook securely in the back and fit over whatever sort of bug feet or bug boots you want to wear. The arm guard are not, in fact, great chitinous plates for attack and defense, but rather foam coverings that are held in place by elastic straps and allow free use of you hands. The foam pullover tunic comes complete with fiber filled front legs dangling freely from the body, just like real Praying Mantises. The stretchy green jumpsuit underneath is the best part, with a zipper down the back. Nothing says authentic like hidden zippers!
Predator or Prey?
Whether you’re praying or preying, this costume will no doubt get you in the right headspace. Just think of all the unsuspecting ‘Take One’ candy buckets on porches that will soon be missing two, or even three pieces! Mwahahah! No one suspects the innocent person in the Kid’s Praying Mantis Costume. Mwhahaah!
|Small||Jumpsuit Length||33 1/2"||85cm|
|Small||Foot Covers Length||13 1/4"||34cm|
|Small||Upper Arm Width||9 1/2"||24cm|
|Medium||Jumpsuit Length||38 1/2"||98cm|
|Medium||Front Length||19 1/2"||50cm|
|Medium||Foot Covers Length||13 1/4"||34cm|
|Medium||Upper Arm Width||10 1/4"||26cm|
|Large||Jumpsuit Length||44 1/2"||113cm|
|Large||Foot Covers Length||13 1/4"||34cm|
|Large||Upper Arm Width||11"||28cm|
|X-Large||Tunic Chest||37 3/4"||96cm|
|X-Large||Back Length||46 1/2"||118cm|
|X-Large||Foot Covers Length||13 1/4"||34cm|
|X-Large||Upper Arm Width||11 1/2"||29cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Omg so perfect!By Crystal | November 6, 2022Height 60 | Weight 60 | Size LargeIf you have a bug lover buy this! My son LOVED it and it’s very great quality for costume fabric. I will definitely buy from this site again!Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Omg so perfect! Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled Omg so perfect! No (0)
- The costumes need to come with a tip jarBy Michelle | October 30, 2022Height 5/8 | Weight 160 | Size MediumWe went as a family of praying mantises in this costume. We went to an event at the national Air Force Museum that had thousands of people at it and literally we got compliments every few feet that we walked. They are decent quality but were a total hit wherever we went.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled The costumes need to come with a tip jar Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled The costumes need to come with a tip jar No (0)
- Award winning!By Anonymous | October 27, 2022Height 37.5 inches | Weight 38 pounds | Size SmallOur 5-year-old has been asking to be a praying mantis for Halloween for months. Thank heavens for your company. The costume was better than we expected, He won best costume at our annual Halloween party last night! He was thrilled, and you made his costume dreams come true! For reference: Our son is 37.5 inches tall and 38 pounds. (Average height, but skinny!) the small was a perfect fit, but if he had been any larger or taller the bodysuit might not have fit so ideally.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Award winning! Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled Award winning! No (0)
- Best Mantis around!By Daniel C | November 2, 2022Size X-LargeThis was one of the most quality built Halloween costume I have ever seen. The seam work was solid, the layers to outfit were easy to take on and off. Truly a wonderful costume. My 10 year loved it! It’s also easy to move around in.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 9, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | January 11, 2021Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Paeton | October 5, 2020Was this review helpful to you?