Men's First Pilgrim Costume
- 100% polyester gabardine fabric
- Jacket fastens w/ fabric-covered buttons at center front
- Cropped pants have elastic at waist and at cuffs that fall just below knees
- Fabric belt has hook & loop fastener at back, decorative brass-tone slide buckle at front
- Hat has memory wire in brim edge for shape
- Hat has faux leather band w/ decorative brass-tone buckle
We've been to the Renaissance Fair. We've seen the guys in kilts, the ladies in bustles. It's good. It's fine. We've also been to Civil War reenactments. Those can be nice too. But nothing can beat going to Colonial Times. You enter the park by walking onto the Mayflower. You spend the next few hours rocking back and forth in the belly of the ship while arguing about freedom of religion. After that, they let you into the main part of the Colonial Times... Jamestown. That's where you can take part in building houses by hand, arguing some more about morality, and at the end of the day, you get to eat a huge feast! The muddy environment and strict moral regulation might make people hesitate before they buy tickets but there's nothing like toasting with pewter mugs of mead while wearing conservative pilgrim costumes. Want that Colonial Times feel without all the travel and the badly-rated Mayflower introduction? This Pilgrim costume will give you a taste!
Costume Details & Design
This Made by Us costume looks like it's been pulled straight out of the history books. The jacket buttons up the front and is accented at the waist with a belt that secures at the back with a hook and loop strip. Cropped, tapered pants are layered underneath the jacket for an instantly recognizable colonial look. This costume is topped off with a tall pilgrim hat with a memory brim that'll make you Thanksgiving ready.
An Attitude of Gratitude
This Thanksgiving, remind yourself to be grateful for the modern conveniences of life. Sure, we don't get to wear buckles on our hats and noone is named Goody or Peregrine anymore but at least we can travel across the ocean without spending six queazy months sleeping in the same room as fifty of our next-door neighbors. If that's not something to be grateful for, we don't know what is!
|Medium||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|Medium||Pants Waist||30" - 40"||76cm - 102cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||25 3/4"||65cm|
|Large||Jacket Length||24 3/4"||63cm|
|Large||Pants Waist||34" - 44"||86cm - 112cm|
|Large||Pants Outseam||32 3/4"||83cm|
|X-Large||Jacket Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|X-Large||Pants Waist||38" - 48"||97cm - 122cm|
|X-Large||Pants Outseam||33 1/2"||85cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | November 25, 2021Really cute, a little snug, but it worked, especially for the price!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Too smallBy Jess | December 6, 2022Height 6'0 | Weight 190 | Size MediumI bought it for my husband to wear for a party. He has a 40-42 chest so I ordered a medium. He could not even put the shirt on. It fit my 12 yr old son. Way too small. I was so disappointed.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- NOTHING FITBy Pat Loeb | December 2, 2022To say this runs small is an understatement. We purchased a M based on the measurements available on the website. Even though his measurements were well within the limits of the size chart, the pants were too small, and the jacket was closer to a child-size. It barely covered his arms, and it didn't even come close to being able to close — it was so small that he had to wear a shirt underneath to cover his chest.
The sizing had no relation to reality, let along the measurements taken before ordering the ostensibly correct size.Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Wendell Garnto | November 15, 2022Height 6 foot | Weight 210 | Size X-LargeYour sizes are all over the placeWas this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Stephen | September 28, 2022Height 5'10" | Weight 200 | Size X-LargeThe description says sleeve 26 and chest 48. What model did they use for this because that is just not common. I have a 35 waist and wear a 46 suit jacket with 34 sleeves. This costume jacket fits so tight that it is more like a medium so saying it fits a 48 chest is a flat out lie.Was this review helpful to you?
- Too small!By Anonymous | May 8, 2022Size X-LargeThe XL is more like a medium to large. I wear XL shirts. I can't even button one button on this outfit. Very disappointed!Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | November 22, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 21, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 16, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- High Quality CostumeBy Chris | September 30, 2021Height 5-11 | Weight 155 | Size MediumI was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the costume, especially at such a great price. I am 5-11 about 155lbs I ordered the medium. I fits great, but the jacket is a little bit tight around the stomach area. If you have any sort of gut, you may want to got with the large. Otherwise the pants and hat fit perfect.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 18, 2019This costume would be perfect except the jacket seems to run very small. My husband is a true size Medium/Large and could only get the top 2 buttons buttoned. The costume is a riot and looks great otherwise. Thankfully we were able to make it work for our cannibal pilgrim costumes by adding a bloody butcher's apron. Someone looking to be a normal pilgrim might need to size up if they want the jacket to fit.Was this review helpful to you?