Men's First Pilgrim Costume
- 100% polyester gabardine fabric
- Jacket fastens w/ fabric-covered buttons at center front
- Cropped pants have elastic at waist and at cuffs that fall just below knees
- Fabric belt has hook & loop fastener at back, decorative brass-tone slide buckle at front
- Hat has memory wire in brim edge for shape
- Hat has faux leather band w/ decorative brass-tone buckle
We've been to the Renaissance Fair. We've seen the guys in kilts, the ladies in bustles. It's good. It's fine. We've also been to Civil War reenactments. Those can be nice too. But nothing can beat going to Colonial Times. You enter the park by walking onto the Mayflower. You spend the next few hours rocking back and forth in the belly of the ship while arguing about freedom of religion. After that, they let you into the main part of the Colonial Times... Jamestown. That's where you can take part in building houses by hand, arguing some more about morality, and at the end of the day, you get to eat a huge feast! The muddy environment and strict moral regulation might make people hesitate before they buy tickets but there's nothing like toasting with pewter mugs of mead while wearing conservative pilgrim costumes. Want that Colonial Times feel without all the travel and the badly-rated Mayflower introduction? This Pilgrim costume will give you a taste!
Costume Details & Design
This Made by Us costume looks like it's been pulled straight out of the history books. The jacket buttons up the front and is accented at the waist with a belt that secures at the back with a hook and loop strip. Cropped, tapered pants are layered underneath the jacket for an instantly recognizable colonial look. This costume is topped off with a tall pilgrim hat with a memory brim that'll make you Thanksgiving ready.
An Attitude of Gratitude
This Thanksgiving, remind yourself to be grateful for the modern conveniences of life. Sure, we don't get to wear buckles on our hats and noone is named Goody or Peregrine anymore but at least we can travel across the ocean without spending six queazy months sleeping in the same room as fifty of our next-door neighbors. If that's not something to be grateful for, we don't know what is!
|Medium||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|Medium||Pants Waist||30" - 40"||76cm - 102cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||25 3/4"||65cm|
|Large||Jacket Length||24 3/4"||63cm|
|Large||Pants Waist||34" - 44"||86cm - 112cm|
|Large||Pants Length||32 3/4"||83cm|
|X-Large||Jacket Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|X-Large||Pants Waist||38" - 48"||97cm - 122cm|
|X-Large||Pants Length||33 1/2"||85cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 18, 2019This costume would be perfect except the jacket seems to run very small. My husband is a true size Medium/Large and could only get the top 2 buttons buttoned. The costume is a riot and looks great otherwise. Thankfully we were able to make it work for our cannibal pilgrim costumes by adding a bloody butcher's apron. Someone looking to be a normal pilgrim might need to size up if they want the jacket to fit.Was this review helpful to you?