The Magic School Bus Miss Frizzle Plus Size Costume
- 100% polyester
- Printed satin dress has side zipper and long sleeves with elastic button loops
- Dress also has attached stiff underskirt to add volume
- Officially licensed, made by us!
Seat belts, everyone! C'mon students, hurry and jump in!
You better hurry up and get in because Miss Frizzle is ready to zoom off in search of answers to some pretty important science questions. If you're familiar with the magical yellow bus then you already know that routine field trips always end up being a little crazy and really educational. What will happen on this particular trip? Will you surf on a sound wave, swing through the stars, or take a journey through the human digestive system? Believe it or not, all those things are possible when you're a student in Miss Frizzle's class. It wouldn't be the first time that the eccentric science teacher put her students in a, uh, sticky situation.
Design & Details
If you've always wished that you could go rafting on a river of lava or navigate the insides of a nostril, then it sounds like you wished for a teacher like Miss Frizzle. We can't turn you into a cartoon Magic School Bus student, but we can hook you up with this officially licensed Miss Frizzle costume for plus size ladies! Once you're wearing it, this planet-print dress may just inspire you to become one rad science teacher like the one you use to watch on TV. Add the fiery orange wig to your look and you'll feel the urge to delve inside a science textbook. Also, if you do happen to take an adventure through the human body, please let us know how that goes; we're very curious for obvious reasons!
|1X||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|1X||Dress Length||43 1/2"||110cm|
|2X||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|3X||Sleeve Length||26 1/2"||67cm|
|3X||Dress Length||44 1/2"||113cm|
|4X||Sleeve Length||26 1/2"||67cm|
|5X||Dress Length||45 1/2"||116cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Star of the "March for Science" on 4/22/17By Anonymous | October 12, 2016I was shocked by how perfect this costume fit me. I regularly wear a size 14-16 and I was nervous about ordering an XL, so I ordered the 1X and I'm so glad I did. My bra is a 38DD and my chest fit fine, without fear of tearing the sides. I liked the fit, but be advised that the material did not have much give.
I'm a teacher and ordered this outfit both to wear to school for "Earth Day" and then to march in the "March for Science" on 4/22/17. During the march, folks kept stopping me for photos and asking me about my costume. The outfit even made it on a "Mashable.com" post under an article called "Ms. Frizzle Spotted at Science Marches Across the Globe." http://mashable.com/2017/04/23/ms-frizzle-magic-school-bus-march-for-science/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#8DMUMhYvD9qk It was 85 degrees and sunny, and I was surprised that air moved through it decently well.
I do wish I would of had it dry cleaned to even out the poofy skirt, but with the wind and me moving around you couldn't see the wrinkles. The dress got to me quickly and in great condition. I really appreciate that they stock plus size costumes because they can be very hard to find. Thanks for a "magical" outfit!Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Star of the "March for Science" on 4/22/17 Yes (1) Vote No on the review titled Star of the "March for Science" on 4/22/17 No (0)
- The Friz!By Annelise | November 9, 2022Height 5' 3" | Size 4XLoved the dress. A little larger than measurements. Added some elastic at the waist and wore a white belt to bring it in. Reset the button on the cuffs. Shoulders were very large. I cut the attached crinoline out and added my own softer petticoat. It was a huge hit even if the young kids didn't know who i was. The school bus purse was amazing too!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Definitely Size Up!By Sarah | October 30, 2022Height 5'8 | Weight 275 | Size 3XThis costume was a hit and super fun to wear! I followed other reviewers' advice and sized up to a 3X from my usual 2X. I am glad I did because the waist fit perfectly. I am sure my usual size would have been too small. The rest of the dress was a tad big but I still liked it.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Definitely Size Up! Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled Definitely Size Up! No (0)
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 8, 2021I purchased this costume last year. Although it was Covid, I dressed up and wore it to the supermarket, post office and other “essential” things. It garnered a lot of positive attention lol. My only complaint is the wig was sold out so I had to buy one elsewhere. But, I really wanted the wig that was made for it.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Halloween is ruined for my ClassBy Science Teacher Rock | October 25, 2019I bought to 3X so that I can take it in since the size chart mentions “true to size”doesn’t work with costumes. I wear a 1X normally but purchased the 3X. The sleeves are extremely long and puffy. The waist is incredibly small. There’s no room in the seam to let out in inch in the waist. I promised my class I would be Mrs Frizzle and now I have to disappoint them! I’m making my costume next year as I hate paying for stuff I can not use.
I also bought the 4t toddler size for my daughter and her dress is too small as well and she not plus sized so it’s definitely something wrong with the merchandise and sizing.
We were to be Mrs Frizzle and Miss Frizzle at the school I teach at and she attends now Mother-Daughter Halloween is totally ruined!!!Was this review helpful to you?
- Did its purposeBy Ashley | November 13, 2022Height 5 | Weight 6It was ok. The costume needed serious steaming. Even with that, I could not get the underlay to lay right and had to cut it out. For how it was made, I paid way too much, but didn’t want to disappoint the students on Halloween. I bought it bigger just in case. Glad I did because the arms and chest would have been too tight…. Although the bottom was big. Just was not a nicely made costume.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Ill-FittingBy Rachel | November 1, 2022The costume looked exactly as pictured except in the way it fit the model. The cut of this dress was hideous in every way. I've never put on something that made me feel as dumpy as this dress did. Returned immediately.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 27, 2022Loved the costume! Everybody got it immediately. Not a fan of the No-stretch, non-breathable fabric. I ordered the dress 2 sizes bigger than normal and still busted out the side seam.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Runs smallBy Chi | October 10, 2022Height 5'4 | Weight 160 | Size 1XWe ordered up and wasteland still too small.
ReturnedWas this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy MissFrizz | September 30, 2022Height 5 | Weight 5 | Size 3XLove the costume but definitely runs small, so ordered a bigger size. Also go the purse love itBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | February 7, 2022Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 7, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | November 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Great CostumeBy Ms MaxiMillion | October 20, 2021Height 5'6 | Size 5XThis costume is so awesome. I'm a plus size girl so 5x fits great . My clothing size is a 22w/24w in women's. My breast are very big so 5x costume is snugg up top ( elevate to a 6x/7x) if possible for better fit!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Kat Johnson | October 17, 2021Size 4XIs larger than description but looks great. Nice materialBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 16, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 15, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | October 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy janelle | November 11, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | December 8, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | December 5, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Science and beyondBy Ms Frahscnizzle | November 17, 2018Runs small I went up a size, everyone loved it, students included!Was this review helpful to you?
- Absolutely terrible.By Anonymous | September 11, 2018The sleeves look like clown sleeves. They are so incredibly big, and it came with a paper like underskirt that made me look three sizes bigger.
Do not buy.Was this review helpful to you?
- Exactly as pictured.By Anonymous | October 10, 2017Costume is exactly as pictured. It runs a size small, so I'd order a size bigger.Was this review helpful to you?
- Loved it!By Anonymous | October 27, 2016This was a great wig! Good quality.The color was perfect and you definitely need to buy it with the dress! It completed the outfit. For the most part, it was pretty comfortable all day too. I was tiring of it by the end of the school day, but students loved it.Was this review helpful to you?