Jack the Ripper Costume
- 100% polyester faux suede, interlock knit, tricot and satin fabric
- Double-breasted black vest has silver-tone filigree buttons, red piping
- Jabot is dark red satin with black print, fastens with Hook and Loop fastener, has 2 buttons to fasten cloak
- Knee-length cloak has faux suede mantle edged with satin
- Cloak fastens to buttons on jabot
- Top hat is black polyfoam with satin ribbon band
Everyone knows about Jack the Ripper, and even if you're somehow just hearing about him for the very first time, you can probably deduce from his colorful nickname that he wasn't a good dude. It's also said that the infamous serial killer was never caught, which could mean he died without ever being punished for his brutal crimes. Or, it could mean that somehow, The Ripper is still out there...
Nah, we're just messing with ya! Jack hasn't been heard from in over a century, so it's pretty safe to say he's long gone. But as grotesque as his acts were, he did have a certain fiendish flair that could only be found in Victorian Era London, don't you think? You can add some of that menacing style to your own Halloween outings in this spooky Jack the Ripper Costume, but we must warn you, this outfit is not for the timid. You may find yourself feeling unusually wicked while dressed in this dark ensemble, and prone to playing tricks on your friends. You might start sneaking around in the shadows, and leaving cryptically creepy notes for people to find, which could make everyone think that old Jack's back on the prowl!
We wouldn't worry too much though, since we haven't heard of anyone picking up any of Jack's deadlier “hobbies” while wearing this costume. This black faux suede outfit will have you looking like a classic Victorian gentleman with a sinister secret, while the red trim featured on the vest and cloak matches the included jabot, and hints at your devilish side. Your diabolical style will be as notorious as the slasher that made it famous!
|Medium||Vest Chest||36" - 40"||91cm - 102cm|
|Large||Vest Chest||40" - 44"||102cm - 112cm|
|X-Large||Vest Chest||44" - 50"||112cm - 127cm|
- Perfect CostumeBy discolove | October 16, 2014As with all the other costumes I've ordered from Halloween Costumes, this was of great quality. I purchased this for my friend for a theme wedding we attended in Savannah, GA and it worked well (minus the dagger and blood). We were both impressed by the costume and fit.
I love ordering costumes from Halloween Costumes because the quality and service are unbeatable.
Thank you for helping make a great wedding weekend!
JSWas this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Perfect Costume Yes (4) Vote No on the review titled Perfect Costume No (0)
- Awesome costumeBy Anonymous | March 12, 2017The costume is well made, very theatrical and leaves a strong impression, fits well to the Gothic fiction/Gothic horror genre and is well crafted all in all. I had no issues with the hat and it fits well design and structure wise to the entire costume (In my opinion).Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Awesome costume Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled Awesome costume No (0)Monster Responds...You look great! Thanks for the photo, and the review, we hope you have a great time in your costume and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
- Worth itBy Anonymous | October 31, 2016I was glad to find this costume to be the main brunt of my "Masque of the Red Death" costume this year. I didn't make use of the hat because I already had my own (although it's worth noting that the hat that comes with this is pretty flimsy and I wouldn't expect it to hold it's shape convincingly). Other than that the cape, cravat, and vest are fantastic. The materials look expensive, but the vest was made out of a stretchier fabric, so it didn't feel restrictive. My only complaint here is that the shoulder pads in the cape can sometimes go rogue, and it would have been nice if they were sewn in place. It was never really a huge issue though. Overall it looked and felt great! I would definitely recommend!Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy slariva2 | November 11, 2022excellentBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costumeBy Patrick | November 1, 2021Height 6 | Weight 230 | Size X-LargeGreat costume - looks expensive, fit my large frame well. The only downside is the cape does not attach or tie; it just sits on your shoulders. There are pads to prevent slipping but I had to ditch it an hour into the party because it was constantly partly falling off (or falling off completely.) Great if the manufacturer could include something to tie or fasten it with, or just be prepared to use safety pins. Small issue for a great look, though!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Awesomely SnugBy Trent | November 12, 2018The costume came when it said it would come and just like the nun costume I got last year, it came in a handy plastic bag for storage. The costume's fabric seemed very nice and the colors were on point. The only thing that was a little troublesome was the vest, which seemed a little snug. I did measure my chest, but it wasn't with a proper tape measure and the snugness was more around my stomach, and it did work, so honestly, it's a fantastic costume!Was this review helpful to you?
- Wasn't what I was expectingBy Anonymous | October 18, 2017Based off of all the positive reviews I ordered this costume but sadly upon receipt it wasn't what I was expecting. Based off of the sizing tool I ordered a large (I'm 5' 9" / 175lbs). When the costume arrived I noticed the hat was all bent up and floppy making it look more like "The Mad Hatter's" hat the Jack the Ripper's. In addition the cape was way too long and the jabot was way too big. Last but not least, the mutton chops that I ordered were all clumped together and when pressed against my face were itchy. (I also learned that you need eyelash adhesive to make them stick to your face because the adhesive tape that comes with them is SUPER TINY).
Luckily I contacted HalloweenCostumes customer service line and arrange to have this sent back so I'm about to pick something else to save the day.Was this review helpful to you?