Plague Doctor Costume for Kids
- Smock Collar
- Pair of Gloves
- 56% polyester, 44% cotton
- Robe fastens w/ button at back of neck
- Faux leather smock collar slips over the head
- Hood has hook & loop fastener at back
- Mask has mesh-covered eye openings, will limit vision
- Mask has elastic band around back of head
- Hat has wire in brim edge for shape
- Faux leather belt has hook & loop fastener at back
- Belt has 1 snap pouch, 3 open pouches and knife sheath attached
- Faux leather gloves have wide, flared cuffs
- NOTE: This product may have an odor due to manufacturing and packaging, please allow time to air out prior to use.
NOT WHAT YOU EXPECTED...
When you asked your kiddo what they wanted to be and they proudly proclaimed that they wanted to be a doctor, you likely had several thoughts and images come to mind. You were probably proud of them, first. Becoming a real doctor is a pretty daunting choice! Then, you might have imagined a nice, white doctor's lab coat and, of course, the stethoscope around their neck. Maybe a surgeon wearing a blue mask for the operating room!
But, when they began talking about a totally different kind of doctor's mask that was more common in the 16th and 17th centuries, you probably began to wonder! What was all this talk of oiled coats and spices shoved down into the raven beak? Black Death!? Well, fortunately, the times of the plague doctor are well over, but that doesn't mean that the fun of their mysterious appearance hasn't faded with time. We've got some great looks that will perfectly treat those ambitions!
DESIGN & DETAILS
We love the strange history we share and our design team loves making costumes inspired by strange times even more. That's why we're happy to offer this Made by Us look. Our Plague Doctor costume features an ankle-length robe-like coat as well as a shiny, vinyl shoulder smock, hood, wide-brimmed hat, and a pair of gloves. Of course, the real plague doctor look comes from the belt with a snap pouch and elastic pouches for bottles as well as the iconic white, raven mask that features red plastic eyelets.
STEP TOWARDS MEDICAL SCHOOL
Perhaps the plague doctors of the middle ages weren't the best of medical practitioners, but we can't deny that they looked awesome. And, who knows, when your kiddo enjoys their time with this plague doctor look, they might even want to head into modern medicine, too!
|X-Small||Belt Length||23 1/2"||60cm|
|Small||Belt Length||26 1/2"||67cm|
|Medium||Belt Length||29 1/2"||75cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||20 1/2"||52cm|
|Large||Belt Length||32 1/2"||83cm|
|X-Large||Belt Length||34 1/2"||88cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @@funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- PerfectBy Monica | October 11, 2019My son is 9 yrs old. We measured him as per chart and the costume fit him a little snugged. And he's little. But the costume is great. He just wont be rewearing it later as too I'm sure it wont fit. All in all excellent costume!Was this review helpful to you?
- Absolutely love it!!By NanetteTuckerDunn | September 25, 2019My son fell in love with this costume. It is made really well. Material are not that cheap thin plastic crap. It is worth every penny I paid for it.Was this review helpful to you?
- Perfect!By Brett | October 15, 2020Size LargeMy son loves his plague doctor costume! It is so well made and fits perfectly!!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Thanks for leaving a review! We bet your resident plague doctor will have a spectacularly spooky Halloween!
- Beyond PerfectBy Andres Gutierrez | October 6, 2020Size MediumI got it last Friday and have been wearing it and seeing how it feels on me and its great. The materials are not cheap, they are high quality and worth the money. Its also realistic and looks awesome and I was able to scare my dogs. So overall I would recommend this costume to others and I will definitely be buying more costumes from this website in the future.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...We're thrilled to hear that the plague doctor costume is working out for you! (Just remember to practice medicine responsibly and get a vet's license for your Plague Pup!) We look forward to what you come up with next year. :)
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | September 26, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | August 29, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 9, 2019Should not have been so priceyWas this review helpful to you?