Chick Magnet Costume
- Magnet neckpiece
- 10 Foam Chicks
- 100% polyester
- Polyfoam shimmering red magnet with silver ends
- Five plush yellow chicks are attached to each side
- (Costume lays flat and does not have depth)
It's the twenty-first century, so we know our technology. We have supercomputers in our back pockets, for crying out loud! But have you thought about the technology we've had so long we rarely notice it?
If you will allow us to go retro for a bit, we'll regale you in the history of the magnet, one of the most useful and widely applicable scientific tools in our arsenal. Common uses for magnets include VHS tapes, which contain a reel of magnetic tape; credit, debit, and ATM cards, which use a magnetic strip encoded with your unique information; older televisions and computer monitors used magnets to guide electrons to the screen; speakers and microphones employ a permanent magnet to convert electric energy into mechanical energy; electric guitars use magnetic pickups to give their sound a unique flair; electric motors and generators rely upon electromagnets in much the same way microphones do. Oh, we're not done: Hospitals use magnetic resonance imaging (MRIs) to spot problems in a patient, compasses use a magnetized pointer to align itself with Earth's magnetic field. They're in toys, on refrigerators, in jewelry—and, in general, in most places despite you not realizing it.
You probably never realized because you're so busy thinking about you-know-who. Which is why we'd like to present you with your new favorite application of the miracle that is the magnet: this Chick Magnet Costume. Just be careful where you point that thing, dude.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Doesn't match photoBy RA | September 24, 2014Purchased this based on the photo which appeared to be more of a 3 dimensional looking magnet. does not stand up around the collar at all. looks nothing like the photo. There is a generic note with photos of other costumes saying if your costume has open parts that I should stuff them with newspaper. There is no open part. Would not recommend unless you want to have the worst costume at the party. save your money.Was this review helpful to you?
- One StarBy Disapointed | October 29, 2019DO NOT BUY. It is a very low quality purchase, and possibly the crappiest and biggest waste of money ever.Was this review helpful to you?