Adult Plus Size Plague Doctor Costume
- Smock Collar
- Pair of Gloves
- 56% polyester 44% cotton
- Robe fastens w/ button at back of neck
- Faux leather smock collar slips over the head
- Hood has hook & loop fastener at back
- Mask has mesh-covered eye openings, will limit vision
- Mask has elastic band around back of head
- Hat has wire in brim edge for shape
- Faux leather belt has hook & loop fastener at back
- Belt has 1 snap pouch, 3 open pouches and knife sheath attached
- Faux leather gloves have wide, flared cuffs
- NOTE: This product may have an odor due to manufacturing and packaging, please allow time to air out prior to use.
They’re the unsung hero of the Dark Ages. Back when most people running away from sickness, the plague doctor would tend to the ill and wounded. Of course, they did look a little like the Grim Reaper mixed with some kind of evil bird… but that was only because modern era medical technology wasn’t available to them back in the day. They had to work with what they had, so that meant thick robes and bird masks.
Well, we happen to think that the plague doctors of old have a pretty cool look, even if seeing one back in the Medieval times meant grim news. That’s why our costume designers went to work making this plus size plague doctor costume.
Design & Details
This plus size plague doctor costumes comes with everything you need to look like a doctor of the Dark Ages. It comes ith a black robe and a matching black smock collar. The belt has various pouches on it and a fastener in the back. The hood covers the head and the mask fits over the hood. The mask fits with an elastic band and is made out of molded vinyl and is designed to give you a long beak. The eyes have mesh openings for vision. The black hat has a wire brim and fits on your head above the mask. Just put the included gloves on and you’ll look ready to tend to the sick! (Special note: due to the manufacturing process, the mask may have a strange odor. Let it air out completely to reduce the odor.)
Off to the Festival
Of course, this plague doctor costume makes for an excellent choice during your next trip to the Renaissance festival, but it also works as a creepy costume for a medieval-themed costume party.
|3X||Sleeve Length||27 1/2"||70cm|
|3X||Robe Length||59 1/2"||151cm|
|4X||Sleeve Length||27 1/2"||70cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018Looked better than expected. Awesome costume.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy CD | October 29, 2020Height 6'6" | Weight 360 | Size 3XI'm a big guy - 6'6" and 360lbs. The 3X size of this costume fits pretty well, except for the gloves and hat. I wear a 7-7/8" hat and this one barely sits on the crown of my head. The gloves are like an adult large. It would be nice if the plus sized options had larger hats and gloves. It is a nice costume for the price.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Sizing was a little off.By Current Customer | November 5, 2020While over all the fit of the costume was good, there were a few things that didn't quite work. First off the hat was much too small, XXL guys are not known to have small heads. It barely fit my much smaller Wife's head. The top part of the hat was not sewn well and was not as crisp and flat as in the pictures.
The sleeves of the main costume were also far too small. It is almost like it was an XXL top with medium sleeves. They were much tighter than the dress shirts I wear ( almost the only shirts I own with long sleeves), Also the seam allowance for the type of fabric used was TOO small. I ripped the seam on one of the arms the first time I put in on by bending my arm to put on the mask. The gloves were again not really sewn with normal human hands in mind. The thumb on both of them was sewn about one inch too far up on the point finger, making it really awkward to wear and hold anything.
The only other complaint I have is the way things were packaged. Not much care was taken with the items so the mask had a pretty serious crease in the side making it pretty structurally weak and very wrinkled. The neck collar piece was crumpled up and had a lot of wrinkles that took a lot of ironing to remove. If just a little care was taken with how it was packaged (folded nicely), everything would be much better.
Now it is not a total loss, I do plan on "fixing" the costume to make it better and able to be worn to Rennfest in the future. The mask itself just needs some lightweight structural reinforcement to permanently hold its shape correctly. The wife is capable of replacing the sleeves with more appropriately sized ones. The hat and the gloves are the only parts that are not able to be resized and will probably just be tossed..
Overall it was decent for the price as I saw much more expensive versions of this same type costume that were far cheaper in terms of quality.Was this review helpful to you?