Women's White Pinstripe Gangster Costume
- Pair of Wrist Cuffs
- Collar W/ Attached Tie
- Hat Band
- 100% polyester
- Vest buttons down the front
- Pants have elastic waistband
- Cuffs and collar connect with hook and loop closure
- Hat is sold separately
Born to Bootleg
Bootlegging was a big deal in the 1920s when hooch was banned throughout the United States. Good bootleggers went to some mighty extremes to deliver their orders. People drove hollowed out lumbers trucks filled with kegs of the silly stuff so that it looked like they were innocently dropping of construction materials. Women would use fashionable fur coats to hide laughably large tins of liquor around their bodies. And of course, there's the old trick where you simply would drive really fast over the border from Canada. That one was a classic. With all this trickery and sneakiness, the organized crime business was thriving. Someone's got to create that hollowed out cart of lumber, after all!
If you think that you would have made a great bootlegger there's only one thing to do... and no, we're not encouraging you to sell bootlegged CDs. There's really not much money in that anymore, anyway. What you need to do is dress up like a gangster from the 1920s. Sure, you won't be smuggling illegal hooch but you can still be suave and sneaky if you want!
This white ensemble would look right at home in a dark and smokey Speakeasy. It features a flared pair of trousers with a comfortable elastic band. The vest is layered over top and is paired with a collar and tie that separately secures around the neck with a hook and loop fastener. Cuffs and a hatband that can be slipped over any fedora complete this dapper look.
An Offer You Can't Refuse
This costume will look smooth whether you're going for the 1920s era gangster or if you're channeling your inner Godfather. It's up to you. Just be sure that you have the attitude to match. Chewing on a big, ol' cigar will always look cool even if it's made out of Bubblegum!
|Small||Waist||19" - 35"||48cm - 89cm|
|Medium||Waist||20" - 36"||51cm - 91cm|
|Large||Waist||21" - 40"||53cm - 102cm|
|X-Large||Waist||22" - 42"||56cm - 107cm|
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | September 23, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Not worth itBy Amanda | January 2, 2023Height 5'8 | Weight 160 | Size X-LargeI ordered up a size, I'm a Large so I ordered an XL because of the style of the vest. The XL vest didn't even come down below my belly button and the pants were so short in the crotch I couldn't pull them up much at all to try and fit like the picture. I know it's just a costume, but it does not fit like the picture.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- One StarBy Lilah | October 31, 2022Costume didn't fit. Ordered a medium didn't fit even after I sized up from a small since that's what the size chart said would fit.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Fit not as picturedBy Mistie Webb | April 18, 2022Item runs small. I ordered size up and it's still too small. Vest is very short.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | January 27, 2022Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 26, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 25, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 13, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 11, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 9, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Anonymous | October 7, 2021Was this review helpful to you?