Women's Orange Inmate Prisoner Costume
- 100% polyester
- Midriff shirt has buttons at front, same-fabric waist ties
- Shirt has wing collar, cuffed short sleeves, printed graphics
- Pants have elastic and drawstring waist
- Pants have elastic cuffs
ORANGE IS THE NEW INMATE
Prison uniforms have a pretty curious history. At first, they just didn't exist. (Obviously, since everything needs to start somewhere.) They only started up in the 1700s when folks started thinking that the prison atmosphere was just a little too chaotic. Inmates had no schedules at all and rich 'prisoners' could actually just hang at home under a sort of house arrest. Things have definitely changed a lot over the years, though! Whether for punitive or organizational reasons, inmates usually have some kind of uniform, now. You've probably seen several of them if you've watched any films or TV about a prison.
From black and white stripes to pink underwear, sheriffs and wardens try just about everything, it seems! But, the "iconic" orange jumpsuit is actually pretty new. In fact, it's usually just for new inmates until they get their regular attire later on. So, an orange jumpsuit escapee would be quite a unique tale! Since it is pretty unlikely that a brand new inmate would already have a plan for escape, who would be expecting someone in an orange jumpsuit to have one!?
DESIGN & DETAILS
The movie pretty much writes itself, but we still will need a lead for this clever escape. Take the lead when you slip into this exclusive Orange Inmate costume. This is a two-piece costume including an orange top with a natural waist tie and black print for the Department of Corrections and your rather tongue-in-cheek prison number. The pants have elastic and drawstring waist, and elastic cuffs.
A PERFECT ESCAPE
Who would have ever thought that the new inmate would figure out how to break out of prison before she even got her actual uniform!? Well, that's about to be the plot of an astounding action scene with this Orange Inmate look!
|Small||Pants Waist||30" - 36"||76cm - 91cm|
|Small||Pants Inseam||28 1/2"||72cm|
|Medium||Top Length||16 1/2"||42cm|
|Medium||Pants Waist||32" - 38"||81cm - 97cm|
|Medium||Pants Inseam||28 1/2"||72cm|
|Large||Pants Waist||36 1/2" - 42 1/2"||93cm - 108cm|
|Large||Pants Inseam||28 1/2"||72cm|
|X-Large||Pants Waist||39 1/2" - 45 1/2"||100cm - 116cm|
|X-Large||Pants Inseam||28 1/2"||72cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 16, 2020Size X-LargeI had to order a bigger size so the top would fit. The top doesn’t stretch so order the costume based on your chest measurements. Because I had to order larger the bottoms were way too big. I just took them in 6 inches by folding them and sewing the fold in the back. It’s not noticeable which is nice and now they fit perfectly.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Thank you for the detailed review of the fit and photo of this inmate costume. It looks like your changes made this costume fit perfectly! Have a happy Halloween!
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 4, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?