Pilgrim Women's Costume
- Dress w/ Attached Apron
- 100% polyester interlock knit fabric
- Dress fastens w/ Hook and Loop fastener at back of neck
- Black dress has white collar, sleeve cuffs & apron
- Attached apron has self-fabric ties at back; eyelet hem edging
- Hat has elastic at back & ties under chin
- Also available in child size
New World Wear
History Lesson Time! Did you know that the original settlers of Plymouth Colony weren't actually called "Pilgrims" until 175 years after they landed? William Bradford, the colony's first governor, did use the word once in his journal. But the group referred to themselves as "Separatists" or "Dissenters" because they disagreed with the Church of England.
Back then, disagreeing with the church was a great way of getting thrown in jail. Luckily this Pilgrim Women's Costume is a great way to get your Mayflower on without worrying about your well-being. Worst-case scenario, someone might ask you to build them some furniture or raise a barn. It's not a bad skill to know, after all.
Pilgrims emigrated to America to be able to worship the way they wanted to. In keeping with their disdain for elaborate rituals of the Church of England, they wore simple, plain clothing in muted colors, such as this Pilgrim Woman Costume.
This Puritan women's costume features a black dress with a white collar, sleeve cuffs, and an apron with self-fabric ties at the back—perfect for any historical Thanksgiving setting. If you need a historical costume to start your own pilgrimage, check out this Pilgrim Women's Costume.
|Small||Chest||32" - 36"||81cm - 91cm|
|Small||Waist||26" - 30"||66cm - 76cm|
|Medium||Chest||34" - 38"||86cm - 97cm|
|Medium||Waist||28" - 32"||71cm - 81cm|
|Large||Chest||36" - 40"||91cm - 102cm|
|Large||Waist||30" - 34"||76cm - 86cm|
|X-Large||Chest||38" - 42"||97cm - 107cm|
|X-Large||Waist||32" - 36"||81cm - 91cm|
- The 1x fit this 2x bodyBy TooFatToTurnBack | November 11, 2021Height 5’7” | Weight 250+ | Size X-LargeI needed the costume last minute, I thought I would need to make adjustments to fit over my body. I am an 18W and usually need a 2x but this was fine.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled The 1x fit this 2x body Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled The 1x fit this 2x body No (0)
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 27, 2018Just like it was described. I love it.Was this review helpful to you?
- Modest and comfortableBy Current Customer | November 4, 2018This costume is modest (great for a teacher), historic, and comfortable. If you are on the cusp of two sizes, order up.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 19, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 31, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Great Pilgrim/Puritan costumeBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018I'm a high school teacher, and I teach the play The Crucible about the Salem Witch Trials. I used this costume to dress up as a Puritan in Salem for Halloween while we were reading the play. The costume is made of a comfortable material that is also a little stretchy, which makes it even more comfortable. I had had a previous Puritan costume, but it was an uncomfortable material and the sewing was bad and came unstitched in several spots after I washed it. This costume, though, washed up well (although oddly the tag says not to wash it or dry clean it). I've washed it in the washing machine twice and just hung it to dry, and it still looks great.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- CostumeBy Gayla | November 1, 2018Wonderful for our Thanksgiving setting.
Great price and quality with quick deliveryWas this review helpful to you?
- I will be a PilgrimBy Diana Chagnon | October 1, 2017Love the material. Measurements were great. I read to the elderly in nursing homes. Can't wait to tell them my stories in this costume. Thanks!Was this review helpful to you?
- fabulous authentic costume!By Current Customer | May 16, 2016it was amazing...the costume was perfect!! the fit was fabulous and so genuine looking comfortable too!!!Was this review helpful to you?