Pilgrim Women's Costume
- Dress w/ Attached Apron
- 100% polyester interlock knit fabric
- Dress fastens w/ Hook and Loop fastener at back of neck
- Black dress has white collar, sleeve cuffs & apron
- Attached apron has self-fabric ties at back; eyelet hem edging
- Hat has elastic at back & ties under chin
- Also available in child size
Did you know that the original settlers of Plymouth Colony weren't actually called "Pilgrims" until 175 years after they landed? William Bradford, the colony's first governor, did use the word--once--in his journal. But the group referred to themselves as "Separatists" or "Dissenters" because they disagreed with the Church of England. They didn't like many of the elaborate rituals used in worship, condemning them as "Papist." They emigrated to America to be able to worship the way they wanted to. In keeping with their disdain for elaborate ritual, they also wore very simple, plain clothing in muted colors, such as this Pilgrim Woman Costume. Wear it and become a respectable citizen of Plymouth Colony!
|Small||Chest||32" - 36"||81cm - 91cm|
|Small||Waist||26" - 30"||66cm - 76cm|
|Medium||Chest||34" - 38"||86cm - 97cm|
|Medium||Waist||28" - 32"||71cm - 81cm|
|Large||Chest||36" - 40"||91cm - 102cm|
|Large||Waist||30" - 34"||76cm - 86cm|
|X-Large||Chest||38" - 42"||97cm - 107cm|
|X-Large||Waist||32" - 36"||81cm - 91cm|
Questions & Answers
There are no questions for this item yet. Be the first to ask a question!
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 27, 2018Just like it was described. I love it.Was this review helpful to you?
- Modest and comfortableBy Current Customer | November 4, 2018This costume is modest (great for a teacher), historic, and comfortable. If you are on the cusp of two sizes, order up.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great Pilgrim/Puritan costumeBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018I'm a high school teacher, and I teach the play The Crucible about the Salem Witch Trials. I used this costume to dress up as a Puritan in Salem for Halloween while we were reading the play. The costume is made of a comfortable material that is also a little stretchy, which makes it even more comfortable. I had had a previous Puritan costume, but it was an uncomfortable material and the sewing was bad and came unstitched in several spots after I washed it. This costume, though, washed up well (although oddly the tag says not to wash it or dry clean it). I've washed it in the washing machine twice and just hung it to dry, and it still looks great.Was this review helpful to you?
Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- CostumeBy Gayla | November 1, 2018Wonderful for our Thanksgiving setting.
Great price and quality with quick deliveryWas this review helpful to you?
- I will be a PilgrimBy TheMobileReader | October 1, 2017Love the material. Measurements were great. I read to the elderly in nursing homes. Can't wait to tell them my stories in this costume. Thanks!Was this review helpful to you?
- fabulous authentic costume!By Current Customer | May 16, 2016it was amazing...the costume was perfect!! the fit was fabulous and so genuine looking comfortable too!!!Was this review helpful to you?