Groovy Hippie Wig
- Made of 100% synthetic hair
- Dark brunette syled hair
- Groovy Hippie Wig
- Elastic lined mesh interior
Probably one of the coolest things about hippies is that hippie culture was arguably really only A Thing for a handful of years, yet has continued to have a permanent influence. It unofficially started around 1964 thanks to American novelist Ken Kesey and his Merry Pranksters (some of whom you now know as The Grateful Dead). Their psychedelic and communal exploits - later chronicled by Merry Prankster member Tom Wolfe in "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" - attracted a legion of young adults who, intrigued by the developing psychedelic hippie music scene, dropped out of school and moved to San Francisco and LA to be a part of the "Tune in, turn on, and drop out"movement. Hippies rose to the forefront of mainstream culture in 1967, the summer of which was famously coined "The Summer of Love" thanks to the rise of psychedelic culture, a surge of California music festivals, and heightened protests concerning the US military involvement in Vietnam. The Hippie Movement culminated in Woodstock in 1969, then quickly (as in, only four months later) faded into widespread disillusionment after the tragic deaths that took place at the Altamont Free Concert and the After that, the peace and love of the hippie movement started to slowly decline, first fading with five deaths at the Altamonte Music Festival, and finally deep-diving into disillusionment with the "Helter Skelter" killings done by the Manson Family.
But anyway! Take yourself back to a more free lovin' time and instantly transform into a flower child with this Groovy Hippie Wig. Add some rose-colored glasses and some clothes that don't match, and you'll be ready to let the rainbows flow free!
- Great wig!By Linda Brown | November 15, 2022Looked great on my husband for Halloween! And great speed with delivery!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 7, 2022Great wig!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Judy | September 18, 2022Fantastic quality!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 6, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | October 5, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | February 22, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Super softBy Natasha | July 28, 2017Great wig and super soft and head cap is finally large enough for adult maleWas this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy James Dickenson | June 13, 2015Great product, looks very real and gets a good reaction from people.Was this review helpful to you?