Prairie Girl Costume
- Dress w/ Attached Pinafore
- 100% polyester
- Floral print dress has hook & loop tab fastener at back of neck
- Elastic at gathered sleeve cuffs
- Full-length pinafore apron sewn to front; self-fabric waist ties
- Eyelet edging on bonnet & sleeve cuffs
- Bonnet has self-fabric chin ties
Life as a Pioneer
The pioneers were brave people. A picturesque life on the prairie included all sorts of dangers. Relentlessly hot summers gave way to brutally cold winters. People would look up from their work when and see a wall of prairie fires headed toward their farm, growing taller with each foot of grass that was consumed. Then there were the terrifying swarms of locusts that not only ate the crops but would devour the clothes and the clothes line if the laundry hadn't been brought in fast enough.
So why, after all that trouble, do we remember the days of the pioneer so fondly? It was a time of hope. Those people with limited options who had only known the crowded city streets of coastal cities could find a place where they could watch the sunset and rise on an open horizon. They could build something all their own and truly be free. The communities out there were the definition of tightly knit. And how awesome would it have been to travel by covered wagon?
When your daughter dresses as in this dress, she'll feel as free as that pioneer girl collecting herbs and roots on the prairie. You can almost imagine the larks singing in the grasses as she spins around in the long skirt. Whether she's starring as the charming Laura Ingalls Wilder for in the school play or the whole family is headed to a Rendezvous, this costume will make you feel sentimental for that sun-washed, simple time. One thing is for sure, it's hard not to get into character in this ensemble. Next thing you know she'll want to trade in her tablet for hoop and stick game.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @@funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | February 28, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018Very pleased with the quality and look of this costumeWas this review helpful to you?
- Great costume!By Marie Robinson | September 30, 2017We love this dress. I bought this for my daughter who wears a size 10/12. I ordered an xl. It so so pretty. The fabric is much better than I expected. My only complaint is it is a little long but can be hemmed with no problem. Other than the length I think it is true to size. My daughter loves it and so do I. She can't wait to wear it for Halloween.Was this review helpful to you?