Deluxe Red Riding Hood Plus Size Costume
- Pair of Gauntlets
- Deluxe Red Riding Hood Plus Size Costume
- 100% polyester
- Peasant style blouse with ruffled neckline
- Faux suede corset vest with metal hook and eye closures on front
- Faux leather gauntlets have lacing closure, size adjustable
- Crushed velvet skirt with elastic waistband
- Hooded cape has decorative trim
- Cape secures to the corset vest shoulders with hook and loop fastener
Off to Grandma's House?
Forget about being a helpless little girl on her way to Grandma's. Be a fierce fairytale character who doesn't need to be rescued! We all know how the story goes: Little Red Riding Hood gets accosted by a big bad wolf while venturing through the woods to get to her grandmother's house. Well, we think it's time for you to rewrite that story! Don't let that nasty wolf pester you, stand up for yourself and fend off that mangy forest beast using some self-defense. You'll go from being a damsel in distress to being a feisty damsel who knows how to use self-defense!
When that wolf gets in your face, with his gross snarling lips and his slobbering tongue, use some brute force to make him step back. Yell, "back off," and bop him in the nose with your basket full of cookies. If he's still giving you grief, then karate chop him in the neck and dash off to grandma's house! Of course, we just mean in pretend. Violence is never cool! But if the Big Bad Wolf knows what's good for him he'll stay out of your social media DM's, that's for sure.
This Deluxe Plus Size Red Riding Hood Costume will make you look like a strong storybook character who shouldn't be messed with, especially by pesky wolves looking to nibble on some baked goods. You'll look both powerful and pretty in a floor-length hooded cape with matching skirt. The ruffled shirt, decorative corset, and matching gauntlets will complete your look and turn you into a fierce fairy tale character that can hold her own!
Deluxe Red Riding Hood Costume
Throw on the classic look, but leave that old attitude behind. This is a new Red, and she's ready for anything that comes her way, including the Big Bad Wolf!
|1X||Corset Chest||46 1/2"||118cm|
|1X||Skirt Waist||31" - 51"||79cm - 130cm|
|1X||Skirt Length||42 1/2"||108cm|
|2X||Skirt Waist||32" - 52"||81cm - 132cm|
|2X||Skirt Length||43 1/2"||110cm|
|3X||Corset Chest||53 1/2"||136cm|
|3X||Skirt Waist||34" - 54"||86cm - 137cm|
|4X||Skirt Waist||36" - 56"||91cm - 142cm|
|4X||Skirt Length||44 1/2"||113cm|
|5X||Corset Chest||60 1/2"||154cm|
|5X||Skirt Waist||38" - 58"||97cm - 147cm|
|5X||Skirt Length||45 1/2"||116cm|
|6X||Skirt Waist||40" - 60"||102cm - 152cm|
|7X||Corset Chest||67 1/2"||171cm|
|7X||Skirt Waist||42" - 62"||107cm - 157cm|
|7X||Skirt Length||46 1/2"||118cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Costume for renn fair ??By Wolf_angel | August 10, 2017If you have bigger boobs like double D, make sure you get the 2x. Every thing fit for me in the 1x except the vest, i couldnt get it closed, i will have to alter it to make it fit. Since im also short, i have to hem the skirt. Wish the arm guards look a little more realistic instead of plastic looking. Every thing was comfortable, great customer service, fast shipping, and i love the box it comes in. I bought this costume for renn fairs, since my service dog can go as my wolf, i figured this would be the perfect costume.Was this review helpful to you?
- Love itBy Current Customer | August 27, 2017I've read the reviews before i brought it and one person said go by your boob size she was right i went by my boob size and the outfit fits perfectly and the skirt still hits the floor on me and I'm 6'1 so i would definitely request this to anyoneWas this review helpful to you?
- Help for those with questions about size.By Anonymous | September 6, 2017I bought this costume and tried it on as soon as it arrived in case I needed to send it back for a different size. I have been burned by Halloween costumes made in China that are allegedly plus size. I am 5' 9" and 280. I wear a size 22 or 24. I usually wear a larger size on bottom than I do on top. I ordered a 3X. Plenty of room! If you are larger on the bottom and smaller on top, order a size to fit your top. The bottoms have elastic around the waist and it will stretch so no worries about the bottoms. If you are tall, you're in luck. The skirt touches the floor on me. Shorter ladies may need to get them hemmed or hike them up. So thankful that this costume worked! I also disagree with reviews that complained about material being cheap looking. Perfectly fine for a Halloween costume. It can be worn out to a bar or any party. It's not trampy looking or see through.Was this review helpful to you?
- Red Riding HoodBy Current Customer | October 28, 2016Lovely costume.Really good quality material for the price. I was on the cusp of 2 sizes and ordered the larger...it was huge..so order a size lower than you think.nice and warm too. Really happy.Was this review helpful to you?
- For the bigger ladies out there it fit!By Tiffany | October 19, 2018I just received this costume .When you order it make sure you order by your chest size. I was going to purchase the 5x that went along with my measurements but I eventually decided to get the next size up to give me more room .The costume fit just right the armguards are small I think they are meant to go around your entire arm not 100% sure on that but it's no big deal to me.If you have a fatter forearms then it might not work out for you fyi.The cape is very nice I think it's meant to snap onto the vest but I found that it hung around my shoulders just fine. And like the other reviews before the skirt and shirt fit just fine plenty of room. Don't be leery if your a bigger woman looking at this costume I am very pleased with it over all. I was very skeptical because it is very hard to find any plus size costume that says 5 or 6X and actually is that size.Thank you Halloween costumes for looking out for us full figured lady's.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great CostumeBy Sandra Walker | November 12, 2016Nice quality to all the pieces. The skirt runs large but the length was good. Would recommend highlyWas this review helpful to you?
- Sizing & QualityBy Anonymous | September 29, 2017I ordered according to the size chart. Well the vest fit great but everything else was way to big. A very mismatch on sizing of the product. If you'er tall this is a great item, but if you'er short you will have to alter. Wish the cape had better attachment than velco to vest. Quality of material is very good though.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 21, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- CheapBy Anonymous | September 24, 2020Skirt had a hole in the seam. A lot of money to have to get the needle and thread out.Was this review helpful to you?
- Mixed fitBy Current Customer | August 19, 2020Size 3XThe shirt was overly large for the size, while the vest was tight. The blouse fit was on size.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Thank you for letting us know about the sizing on this Red Riding Hood costume!
- Five StarsBy Brenda Sheffield | March 26, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- Red Riding HoodBy Debby | November 24, 2019I bought the Plus Size according to the size of the vest since it does not have any elastic and can not stretch. I have an apple shape body. The blouse and skirt fit great. The vest was a little too small so I laced a leather shoe string through the metal fasteners and tied the vest shut. OOPS--I fastened the cape on wrong so I was not able to pull the cape around my shoulders. At our church's Halloween Trunk or Treat event, a couple of middle school kids thought that I was a member of the "Game of Thones" and not Red Riding Hood. So I guess that I can use this as a Renaissance or medieval costume.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very PleasedBy Current Customer | October 31, 2019I am very pleased with my costume. It came on time and is of good quality. I highly recommend HalloweenCostumes.com to anyone.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costume, everyone loved it!By Fivehorse | June 30, 2019I work for a school system as a bus driver and we have a costume contest each year. Last year I decided to participate and got third place. Everyone was taking about it and complimenting me on it. The children and their parents loved it. The costume was great, if a little big in places, but was easy to alter. Yes it is a very long skirt. I'm very short and plus sized, but rather than hem it, I pulled the waist up high (this gave me a fuller looking skirt) and the vest kept it from falling down to much. My cape attached with snaps not Velcro so that was a plus. It was warm on Halloween where I live, and the many layers of fabric made the costume warm during the day and comfy at night. Over all it's a great costume and I'm looking forward to getting another for this year. Now if only I could find a plus size Little Bo Peep I liked.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | March 24, 2019Fit well light and easy to move. One string on the gauntlet was brokenWas this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 20, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- sizeBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018The blouse and vest were too large. The skirt was fineWas this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Urban Unglued Dark Markets | November 18, 2018Great looking outfit!!Was this review helpful to you?
- Good Renaissance CostumeBy KIMBERLY | November 16, 2018I was asked to helped a friend with her Renaissance craft booth a week before the event, and was informed that I had to "dress the part". It arrived in plenty of time.
The skirt was way too long for me, but I was able to hem it up easy enough. The only complaint I have is that the gantlets were too small to fit around my arm, and both the "leather" ties broke. So, I din't wear them or the cape (It was 90 degrees on the day of the fair.)
If you are concerned about the size, there is plenty of give in the skirt, so measure for the top/bust. It ran true to the size chart.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great CostumeBy Tina | November 16, 2018Loved it. The shirt was big, but I just pinned it back. I had a blast in this and everyone loved it. I made sure I bought the outfit based on the vest fitting. The vest was snug.
TinaWas this review helpful to you?
- WayneBy Current Customer | November 13, 2018Wife loved it, will order againWas this review helpful to you?
- WonderfulBy Alex | November 12, 2018Loved everything about this costume. The vest, shirt, skirt, cape, and arm bracers were swpeeate. I've had trouble with skirt lengths, but had no problems with this and the cape wasn't a tie on. I probably could have gone for a 4X, but the 3X was fine. The vest was surprisingly good quality and has a faint swirling pattern and hooks and eyes instead of ties.Was this review helpful to you?
- Red Riding HoodBy Stacey | November 1, 2018By far the best costume I have ever purchased. The quality is amazing considering the low cost. I usually wear an xl and purchased a 2xl because a review said to buy one to two sizes bigger if you are a DD or bigger. I actually think the costumes are pretty true to size. I did reorder the xl and it fit perfect. I am only 5’2 so the skirt is long but I managed. Highly recommend! If you are not a skinny Minnie but want to feel like one, order this costume!Was this review helpful to you?
- Not what I thought it would be...very disappointed.By Jackie | October 28, 2018I read all the other reviews, ordered a size larger and what did I get...? A costume that did not fit. The pieces are definitely not made with the same size of the person in mind. The vest is VERY SMALL, way too small to fit even a large person. I ordered a 2XL when I normally wear an extra large or 1X. The skirt and cape are very hot and not made very well.Was this review helpful to you?
- Love it.By Melissa | October 7, 2018This costume fits me nearly prfectly. I only have to hem up the skirt some. My only complaint is that the laces on the arm things are flimsy and broke. I just bought leather laces for a couple of bucks. Otherwise great costume.Was this review helpful to you?
- Size fittingBy Anonymous | November 7, 2017The vest size is way smaller than the rest of the out fit. Cape was very hard to keep on as it velcros to vest and hood is very large.Was this review helpful to you?
- Hottest costume I’ve ever worn!By Anonymous | October 10, 2017This is the hottest costume I’ve ever worn! Although the costume I purchased 5X plus fit, the cape was way too small and did not reach over my shoulders. It was held on by 2 small pieces of Velcro that kept coming offWas this review helpful to you?
- Perfect fitBy Richard | October 8, 2017Great product well madeWas this review helpful to you?
- Super fun costumeBy Anonymous | September 12, 2017I received this hoping it was well made, and it is! What I love the most is the Velcro on the top of each shoulder as well as each side of the hood, so that they hook together without going across your neck, brilliant!! The fit was perfect.Was this review helpful to you?
- Love it!By Sandra Walker | September 24, 2016I love it but need to return it was too big made well.Was this review helpful to you?