Adult Headless Horseman Costume
- Shirt w/ attached cape
- Inflatable shoulder component
- 100% polyester interlock and knit mesh
- Shirt/cape combo has ruffled lace ascot and elasticized lace sleeve cuffs
- Self-fabric waist ties allow fit adjustment
- Cape has stand-up collar and back Hook and Loop fastener tab fastener
- Inflatable shoulder pads support cape to cover head, held in place w/ elastic bands
- Mesh vest front allows limited vision
- Molded vinyl headpiece has realistic severed-neck details
This Halloween season, bring the legend of Sleepy Hollow to life in this Adult Headless Horseman Costume, and persuade Ichabod Crane to leave Sleepy Hollow! Wear it with your own black pants, or buy ours, and add black boots and gloves; and for an even more realistic touch, carry one of our pumpkins as a prop. to complete the spooky look.Contrary to what some might mistakenly think, Crane himself was NOT the Headless Horseman. He was the local schoolmaster, a very superstitious man whose marriage proposal to the daughter of a wealthy local farmer had just been rejected. Late at night he was riding his horse back to the fictional village of Sleepy Hollow when he encountered a cloaked rider. Ichabod had heard local stories of a Revolutionary War soldier who haunted the area after having his head blown off by a cannonball; sightings of the Headless Horseman were said to be an omen of death. Ichabod Crane was never seen in Sleepy Hollow again. The next morning his unsaddled horse was found wandering, the saddle trampled, and a smashed pumpkin lying alongside Crane's hat beside the road.
True To Size
|X-Large||Shirt Length||33 1/2"||85cm|
Questions & Answers
There are no questions for this item yet. Be the first to ask a question!
- Really fun!By Andrea | February 28, 2019These are really great for creating the illusion of a headless horseman! Well made and works for Halloween or theatre productions!
You do need to supply your own pants with this, though!Was this review helpful to you?
- Good material..FUN costume!By Anonymous | October 13, 2018I ordered this for a costume contest involving horses! It’s a good basic outfit but I also ended up buying extra pieces to give it the full effect. I would recommend doing the same but this is a great costume! It’s easy to see out of but people can’t tell where ‘you’ are. Let the Fun begin!!! :-)
PS: I won the costume contest with it!Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Good material..FUN costume! Yes (1) Vote No on the review titled Good material..FUN costume! No (0)
- AWESOME COSTUME!By JANIS B. | November 19, 2013This was the best costume I have ever had! I scared so many people at work! All I had to do was take a step out of the shadows or from behind a wall, and watch the reactions! BAHAHAHAHA! It was the most fun I have had in a long time!
See the picture below where I am trying to decide what to do with my headphones from my phone at my desk...sooooo much fun that day!
(I wear a ladies Lg-XL, and wish that I had ordered a Medium in this costume.)Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled AWESOME COSTUME! Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled AWESOME COSTUME! No (1)
- It was beyond cheap/ Crappy qualityBy Greg | November 5, 2018It didn't fit couldn't even use it. Terrible quality wasted my money.Very disappointed.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled It was beyond cheap/ Crappy quality Yes (1) Vote No on the review titled It was beyond cheap/ Crappy quality No (0)Monster Responds...Hi Greg, Thank you for your input. I apologize if the costume did not meet your expectations. After looking at your order, It does not seem that you have contacted us directly about it. For future reference, we are available via chat, e-mail and phones for any concerns/questions you might have. We do attempt to resolve any issues with our valued customers. I will now reach out to you privately to see how we can help you with this.
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 1, 2022Height 6’ | Weight 200 lbs | Size LargeNice / tricky to put on by myself thoughBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Bud | November 1, 2022Costume easy to wear and true to sizeBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Well madeBy JV | October 11, 2022Height 5' 4" | Weight 140 | Size SmallGreat costume, well made. Hard to see through in dimly lit conditions, as most Halloween parties are, but the extra layer over the eyes is easily swiped away for occasional better glances. Everything fit well (I'm only 5'4") and nothing fell apart - no weak seams. This should easily last several years, if only used occasionally.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 20, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 18, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 11, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | September 23, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- headless man/womanBy Current Customer | November 7, 2015The costume was okay. Looked good as long as you didn't move. The blow up cubes would not stay where they were supposed toWas this review helpful to you?
- This costume ROCKS!!!By Glenn MacKinnon | October 19, 2013I added some fresh blood to the head piece and this thing was killer, got all the screams and stares I was looking for, used it in a haunted house and it was a HUGE hit.....GLAD I BOUGHT ITWas this review helpful to you?