Womens Traditional Maid Plus Size Costume
- Womens Traditional Maid Plus Size Costume
- 100% polyester
- Dress has attached white peter pan collar and a zipper in the back
- Dress has long sleeves with a buttoned cuff and white trim
- Dress has long skirt with built-in petticoat
- Apron has lace and ruffles on the smock and eyelet trim
- Bonnet is an oval headpiece that you could attach with bobby pins or a headband to hold it in place
- Bonnet has elastic loops on each end
- Bonnet is trimmed with more eyelet lace
When is the last time you polished your staircase? No, not swept or even mopped, polished. In a grand manor it would be expected that you would be able to see your embarrassed expression if you slipped on the polished marble steps. Next time you're daydreaming about living in a beautiful Edwardian manor straight from a Jane Austin novel think about all the hard labor that went into it. No, not for those glove wearing ladies and gents, for those twenty house servants that worked about thirteen hours a day.
While it would be nice to get room and board with your salary we'd have a hard time getting paid only sixteen pounds a year. Yeah, that's right. Thirteen hours a day for a little over a pound a month. Those maids had a lot of gumption. They would get up before the sun rose, started the fires in the main rooms to warm them up for the spoiled occupants, then started on their excruciating cleaning regiment. After all, the dukes and duchesses couldn't enter through the dramatic double doors, climb the shiny grand staircase, and enter their multi-roomed suite only to find some dust on the bedroom mantle. That simply wouldn't do!
You might not have Edwardian maid aspirations but you can still wear the traditional black and white maid uniform. After you dress up for that costume party you can use this costume as a ghost of that maid to convince the occupant of a manor to leave so you can get a good price on a kingly estate, they're hard to come by these days! You'll look the part with the full length black dress, tidy eyelet lace trimmed apron, and the ruffled cap. We won't even expect you to stoke the twenty fires before seven in the morning, we've got central heating these days.
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Love this for reenacting.By Anonymous | April 20, 2021Excellent, runs true to size. I have worn this many times as a volunteer at a Victorian mansion. I wash and iron it after every event and it has held up well, it still looks new.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?