Toddler Knight Costume
- This product has restrictions that limit the countries that we can ship to. This product cannot be shipped to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or United Kingdom.
Even though our professional training is in making Halloween costumes, we have an amateur's enthusiasm for a lot of different occupations. So the part of us that likes to read biographies and volunteer at the local historical society was really psyched about this regal Toddler Knight Costume! Unfortunately, their museum doesn't have any displays about the age of chivalry, since the head-to-toe chain mail fad never quite made it to this part of the world. But we're still really excited, so we thought we'd take a shot at giving this outfit some brief historical context. Ahem:
About a thousand years ago, people were so good at putting pointy pieces of metal on the end of sticks, they didn't think there was any room for improvement. But along came a clever (and kind of crazy) blacksmith who realized that linking a bunch of little metal loops together was a really great way to stop pointy pieces of metal from getting to the squishy parts of a person! Everybody who had a suit of this new kind of armor became very popular. In fact, the inhabitants of each village and hamlet handed out candy to these glittering guardians, hoping that they'd stick around for a while. That gave rise to knights, a class of armor-wearers for hire, who went from town to town collecting treats for a living! And sometimes they wore crowns for fun (and dramatic effect).
In that proud tradition we humbly offer this detailed outfit, so that anyone can reap the sweet rewards that come from dressing up in a shiny coat of mail! The end!
- 100% polyester fabric; 74% polyester, 26% metallic mesh
- One piece jumpsuit styled as tunic over trousers
- Attached boot covers & gauntlets
- Jumpsuit has back zipper
- Printed coat of arms on front
- Sleeves have silver mesh overlayer to look like armor
- Boot covers have elastic bands under foot
- Red satin cape attaches to jumpsuit w/ hook & loop fastener behind decorative buttons
- Mesh-covered hood has hook & loop fastener under chin
- Jumpsuit w/ Attached Boot Covers
- Hood w/ Attached Crown
|X-Small (2T)||Torso||17 1/2"||44cm|
|Small (3T)||Length||34 1/2"||88cm|