Royal Toddler Knight Costume
- Jumpsuit w/ Attached Boot Covers
- Hood w/ Attached Crown
- 100% polyester fabric; 74% polyester, 26% metallic mesh
- One piece jumpsuit styled as tunic over trousers
- Attached boot covers & gauntlets
- Jumpsuit has back zipper
- Printed coat of arms on front
- Sleeves have silver mesh overlayer to look like armor
- Boot covers have elastic bands under foot
- Red satin cape attaches to jumpsuit w/ hook & loop fastener behind decorative buttons
- Mesh-covered hood has hook & loop fastener under chin
Even though our professional training is in making Halloween costumes, we have an amateur's enthusiasm for a lot of different occupations. So the part of us that likes to read biographies and volunteer at the local historical society was really psyched about this regal Toddler Knight Costume! Unfortunately, their museum doesn't have any displays about the age of chivalry, since the head-to-toe chain mail fad never quite made it to this part of the world. But we're still really excited, so we thought we'd take a shot at giving this outfit some brief historical context. Ahem:
About a thousand years ago, people were so good at putting pointy pieces of metal on the end of sticks, they didn't think there was any room for improvement. But along came a clever (and kind of crazy) blacksmith who realized that linking a bunch of little metal loops together was a really great way to stop pointy pieces of metal from getting to the squishy parts of a person! Everybody who had a suit of this new kind of armor became very popular. In fact, the inhabitants of each village and hamlet handed out candy to these glittering guardians, hoping that they'd stick around for a while. That gave rise to knights, a class of armor-wearers for hire, who went from town to town collecting treats for a living! And sometimes they wore crowns for fun (and dramatic effect).
In that proud tradition we humbly offer this detailed outfit, so that anyone can reap the sweet rewards that come from dressing up in a shiny coat of mail! The end!
|X-Small (2T)||Torso||17 1/2"||44cm|
|Small (3T)||Length||34 1/2"||88cm|
- Nice light weight materialBy Who | February 24, 2022Size Medium (4T)My son is 4 and wears a 4t-5t in clothes and the 4T fitted good. The hood was a lil snugWas this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy ETAY SHANI | March 11, 2022Size Medium (4T)Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Sas | November 5, 2021Size Medium (4T)The quality is amazing the 4T size is exactly size for my son 3 & half yearsBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 30, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 30, 2021Size Medium (4T)Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 24, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 9, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | March 11, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | March 4, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 16, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- good quality and designBy Anonymous | November 7, 2016considering that majority of Halloween costumes are of low quality which is reasonable for the prices they are at, I was surprised of the quality and design of this one when received. My nephew looked adorable. Quality vs price is great. good buy.Was this review helpful to you?
- Perfect fit, perfect knightBy Current Customer | October 14, 2016I chose that costume because my son really looks like that kid on the photo, hoping to get a similar effect, and it works brilliantly. Very nice costume, with trims and little details that add to the 'medieval knight noble' effectWas this review helpful to you?