The Princess Bride Authentic Buttercup Costume for Adults
- 100% polyester gabardine fabric
- Dress has back zipper
- Bodice has mandarin collar, tailored darts
- Full, hanging sleeves are gathered into solid cuffs
- Skirt is pleated at waistline
- Belt is same fabric as dress, w/ embroidered graphics; tie as desired
- Wig and headpiece sold separately
- Officially licensed, exclusive
Choose Your Own Adventure
We don't know any princesses who have been jumped through as many hoops as Princess Buttercup did. Some princesses might have to deal with getting trapped in towers or fainting for a hundred years, Buttercup must have broken a record. She gets kidnapped while riding a horse, swims in eel-infested waters, gets carried up the cliffs of insanity, and even hikes through the Fire Swamp. If you're thinking about channeling your inner princess, you might as well go for one who isn't afraid of a little adventure as well as one who fights for true love. Now, you might not be able to reenact all the trials and tribulations of The Princess Bride but you are totally allowed to invent adventures of your own. Travel through your downtown bar zone on a Friday night (aka the Blocks of Exasperation). Hike through fields of flowers and try to avoid the Buzzing Bees of Sting-dom. Whatever your adventures might look like, you can be dressed for the occasion when you're rocking this Princess Buttercup dress.
Details & Design
Straight out of The Princess Bride, this licensed Princess Buttercup gown is elegant and rich with details created by our very own, in-house design team. Inspired by the dress Buttercup was wearing during her kidnapping, it features long red, billowy sleeves with a gathered cuff. It has a high neckline and falls into a loose, pleated skirt. the dress is tied off at the waist with a gold pattern belt. The dress is topped off by the beaded crown that we all fawned over as kids (that couldn't just be us, right?).
Yes, we know what that word means
While the Sicilian might have overused it, we think we know how to apply the word "inconceivable". For instance, having a boring Halloween while wearing this outfit is utterly and completely inconceivable. We're sticking with that statement. And no, we don't want a peanut.
|Large||Sleeve Length||24 1/2"||62cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Length||24 1/2"||62cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 31, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Excellent QualityBy Leslie | October 29, 2019I am so impressed with this costume. The fabric is a heavyweight, excellent quality. So much nicer than anything you can get a a party store or pop-up Halloween store. It is beautiful. I got so many compliments!Was this review helpful to you?
- So many complimentsBy Jenn | May 8, 2022Height 5”7” | Weight 128 | Size SmallThis dress was great! Good quality, well made. I received so many compliments. Worth every penny.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | May 7, 2022Height 5’7” | Weight 160 | Size X-LargeThis dress is very nice the quality is great. My zipper came broke but that is a easy fix for my mom.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | December 3, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 22, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 13, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | September 28, 2021Was this review helpful to you?