Women's Plus Size Thankful Pilgrim Costume
- Skirt w/ Apron
- 100% polyester
- Shirt has a zipper down center back
- Ruched white neckline has attached fabric ties
- Matching white fabric on the wrists
- Peplum layers over the skirt
- Floor length skirt has elastic waistband
- White apron is attached on the front
- Bonnet has elastic back to hold your hair in and ties under your chin
Cooking up Traditions
The first Thanksgiving party wasn't a lot like the one we celebrate today. While they ate pumpkin, the rest of the menu consisted of seafood and berries instead of turkey and mashed potatoes. But there are certain Thanksgiving traditions that have been going on since the very beginning. For instance, when Goodwife Johnson first cooked the first Thanksgiving dinner, her dog, Mayflower, got pinched by a lobster that was about to go in the pot and preceded to run through the party with the main course attached to her tail. That same dinner had a raucous kid's table, an auntie Agnes that insisted on asking personal questions to her teenage nieces and nephews, and some serious napping after the feast. This just goes to show that while the menu might have changed, the chaotic Thanksgiving spirit has remained the same throughout the centuries.
Design & Details
Our creative team worked together to create this Women's Plus Size Pilgrim Costume. The black dress goes down to the floor and has the classic pilgrim cut that looks like it's straight out of the history books. Zipping up the back, the top is fitted with a neat peplum at the waist and a ruched, high neck collar. The costume is topped off with a bonnet, ready for Thanksgiving theatrics!
Are you looking for a fun way to accessorize this look? Pair this dress with a basket that's full of Thanksgiving treats and you'll be welcomed into any room with open arms. This costume is already a wonderful look but when it's paired with pumpkin spice muffins and apple crisp, it makes people feel like they're part of the first holiday. Hey, with this mighty pilgrim contribution, maybe this costume will get you out of roasting a turkey this year!
|1X||Top Length||23 1/4"||59cm|
|1X||Skirt Waist||35" - 49"||89cm - 124cm|
|2X||Top Length||23 3/4"||60cm|
|2X||Skirt Waist||38" - 52"||97cm - 132cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Cute But Top Runs SmallBy Laura Sparks | October 18, 2019My husband and I are planning to be cannibal pilgrims this year for Halloween. I was pumped when I saw this costume. The skirt and bonnet fit just fine but the top was far too small. The fabric is polyester as noted which means that it has absolutely no give. The top is made so that it zippers in the back which makes it really constricting on one's 'pumpkins.' I could only zipper it a tiny bit. Fortunately, I was able to modify the top by removing the sleeves, sewing the lace trim onto a black long-sleeved shirt, and adding the cut off sleeve as an extension panel in the back. It looks a bit shabby in the back now but the front looks okay.
I will also be posting a review for the gentlemen's pilgrim costume. The top on the man's costume was also far too small.Was this review helpful to you?