Plus Size Marilyn Halter Dress Costume
- 100% polyester interlock knit fabric
- White dress has plunging halter-style V-neckline
- Gathered below bustline, flared outward from hips
We're calling it: in a thousand years, archaeologists are probably going to think that Marilyn was the name of every blonde female starlet from the 1950s and 60s. Along those lines, they'll probably think that every Marilyn always wore a white halter dress like this, with a gravity-defying skirt. And in a way, they'll be right.
Because certain images are bigger than a particular actress, a particular film, or a particular moment in time. For instance, the scene that inspired this classic costume has already been made into postage stamps and supersized works of sculpture. It's been referenced and parodied to the point that it's practically its own thing! All across the globe, whenever anybody sees a tasteful white dress attempting to lift itself away from the shapely figure of an attractive blonde lady, they hear a little ding of recognition in their brain—even if they can't remember the name of the movie it's from. That's what makes this little number such an applause-worthy choice for a star-powered Halloween costume!
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 18, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 9, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | August 26, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Current Customer | March 20, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | February 20, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- One StarBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018I tried two different sizes and could not find one that fit well. Sent both back. They were not cut right. Cheaply made.Was this review helpful to you?
- DressBy Current Customer | March 11, 2018Fit good it is a costume. Was very happy with it.Was this review helpful to you?