Plus Size Deluxe Dottie Costume for Adults
- Pair of Leg Warmers
- 98% polyester, 2% spandex double knit fabric
- Short-sleeved shirtwaist dress has off-center front buttons, zipper in right side seam, belt loops at waist
- Embroidered patches sewn to bodice front & left sleeve
- Red canvas ball cap has embroidered "R" patch on front, hook & loop fastener size-adjustment band in back
- Red knit leg warmers have elastic band in top & bottom edges
- Red faux leather belt has silver-tone metal buckle
- Columbia pictures officially licensed, exclusive
- NOTE: color may vary from photo
Sing along to the Victory Song, everyone! Batter up! Hear that call! The time has come for one and all to play ball…
Here in the U.S., America’s pastime holds many solid memories, even for those who don’t particularly actively follow the sport. Most of us have played the game, been avid spectators, brought the kids to Little League… and even if we can’t stand the idea of baseball, we almost certainly remember Madonna and Rosie O’Donnell on the silver screen in the period piece, A League of Their Own.
Every season has its memories and every team needs its perfect pitcher. What else is as perfect a combination of those ideas as Geena Davis’ portrayal of Dottie Hinson, the fastball pitching and home base sliding star of the Rockford Peaches. A fantastic story that also voiced an amazing bit of history!? Who could say no to an opportunity like that?
Well, Dottie might have needed some convincing by her peppy sister, but you should need no additional encouragement to slide into this Deluxe Dottie costume where you can show off your nasty slider and a curve that is to die for. The All-American Girls’ Baseball League uniform is complete with a replica patch and comfortable button up dress, red leg warmers, and, of course, the red baseball cap! Complete the look with some running shoes and a mitt or bat and you’ll be ready to round third base to home plate, because it is time… It's time to step up to the plate and play ball!
|1X||Dress Length||35 1/4"||90cm|
|1X||Hat Circumference||21" - 24"||53cm - 61cm|
|2X||Hat Circumference||21" - 24"||53cm - 61cm|
|3X||Dress Length||36 3/4"||93cm|
|3X||Hat Circumference||21" - 24"||53cm - 61cm|
|4X||Dress Length||37 1/2"||95cm|
|4X||Hat Circumference||21" - 24"||53cm - 61cm|
|5X||Dress Length||38 1/4"||97cm|
|5X||Hat Circumference||21" - 24"||53cm - 61cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Follow us @funcostumes and tag us with #yesfuncostumes for a chance to have your photo featured here.
- What a hitter!By Carla | September 17, 2019Love love love this outfit! Fits great breathable and fun. Hey many Complements on itWas this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled What a hitter! Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled What a hitter! No (0)
- AMAZING costumeBy Mandy V | October 22, 2015This costume is HIGH quality and feels super durable. Also, VERY true to size. I didn't go with the sizing and I went one up which was fine but the regular 2x would've worked. Also, the belt is LEATHER. It smells really good... I know that's weird, but I'm from Texas.
I will admit... the patches were a little scraggily looking, but honestly I think that had more to do with being squished up and jostled into tight packaging. I highly, highly recommend this costume. :-)Was this review helpful to you?
- This Costume is a Home Run!By Megan | December 12, 2022Height 5’4 | Weight 195 | Size 2XThey really hit it out of the park with this costume. The fit is perfect. It was maybe a LITTLE loose, but not uncomfortably or unfashionably so. I’m 5’4”, and it hit just about the knees. I’m also a bit busty and have muscular arms and shoulders, but I maybe could have sized down. The fabric is sturdy and actually feels like uniform material (lifelong softball player and current softball coach here). The colors are spot on. My coworkers LOVED it. I got compliments for days. I definitely recommend this to anyone looking to turn heads. It’s a real grand slam!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Perfect!By Amanda | November 8, 2022I ordered larger than my listed measurements on purpose so I could not tell you if this runs large or small.
The quality, however, is outstanding. Didn't like that it did not come with bloomers or socks but it was still good. The hat size was a little whack but I happened to have ordered the Jimmy Dugan costume as well for my fiancée and we swapped hats and it worked out well.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Overall great, but a few complaintsBy Leslie | November 1, 2022Height 5'2" | Weight 255 | Size 2XI got a lot of compliments, loved there was a plus size option. I wear a size 18 in most brands, sometimes even a size 16, so I got the 2XL. I wish I would have went a size larger. It was a little tighter in the arms than I would have liked, and it seemed to a-line out more than I wanted opposed to falling straight and flat. So then it rode a tad higher than I would have liked. It fit, I think these are just picky nuances that I prefer for my body. I do have larger arms. But I clearly kept it and made the 2XL work. Also, the sock warmers were too small for my calves. I have large calves, but if this is for plus size, I expected the warmers to be a little bigger. Also, my BIGGEST ISSUE, and I should have seen this on the reviews but I wish it said Rockford Peaches and not "A League of Their Own." But overall, I felt it was well made, leather belt, nice hat. Didn't feel like a cheap costume material like I associate most costumes with.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 24, 2022The costume fit well and looked great! However, I did not like the "calf socks". They didn't fit well and looked weird.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- NOT SOCKS - HIDEOUS LEG WARMERSBy Brenda | September 23, 2022The costume is very cute and the dress is well made. However, I am so disappointed that I did not catch that the 'socks' are actually leg warmers. They are hideous and terribly made. I thought by purchasing the 'Deluxe' version of this costume I would be getting a higher quality piece, but the leg warmers are the most ridiculous and cheap item. I am really contemplating returning the costume because I feel like I was completely mislead on what the quality of the entire costume would be. It is my fault for not catching in the description that the 'socks' worn by the model were actually the most cheaply and ugly leg warmers, but what really makes me upset is that I paid extra for the 'deluxe' version of the costume. I feel like this is some kind of joke. By having crappy cheap ridiculous leg warmers in the place of 'sock.' If you are going to purchase this costume, I would not waste your money on purchasing the supposedly 'Deluxe' version of this not so deluxe costume. Purchase the regular costume. As for fit, it does run small and it is cut short on the torso. Sadly I have tried to add a photo of the hideous leg warmers, but I have continued to receive an error message.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Home Run!By Lauren | October 17, 2021Size 2XThis dress is really well made and I got a ton of compliments. It's made out of uniform material so it looked really authentic. I wear an 18/20W and it was true to size. The "socks" are really leg warmers, a bit disappointing but the worked. The hat is a bit small but over all it's a great buy.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 17, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | September 28, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Big mistakeBy Current Customer | October 27, 2020Height 5’2 | Weight 260 | Size 4XThe material isn’t too bad. It’s thick and seems like it would be quite durable, although a little itchy. The belt is pretty good quality, as well as the hat. The “socks”, however, aren’t actually socks. They are like a very thin, very cheap, leg warmer. (Hopefully, y’all remember what those are) The dress was shorter in the front, for whatever reason, and the waist is just under my breasts. The waist is my biggest issue. I’m not even going to wear it. So disappointed.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Jess | October 27, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Cut smallBy Kittie_Glitter | October 24, 2019I am so disappointed, I made sure that I measured and even ordered a size up. This is short waisted and since I have ample bosoms the belt is way too high and it's a bit snug in the chest but a little loose across the back. Not sure that I can even alter it. Its definitely cut for petite chests.Was this review helpful to you?
- Looks great!By Anonymous | October 6, 2017I'm a 3x - ordered the 4x and it is cute and nicely made. It is short-waisted (the waist hits under my chest instead of a bit lower), but if your chest is not your biggest feature then it will be great on you. Love it.Was this review helpful to you?
- Better than I expectedBy Current Customer | October 1, 2016Once again y'all did it! This is second year I have purchased a costume from y'all. Hat was a big small (I have a big head) but it will work. Material is awesome. Only problem I had was it smelled like a factory. I have plenty of time to clean it. I can't wait to wear it.Was this review helpful to you?