Plus Size Deluxe Dottie Costume
- Pair of Leg Warmers
- 97% polyester, 3% spandex doubleknit fabric
- Short-sleeved shirtwaist dress has off-center front buttons, belt loops at waist
- Embroidered patches sewn to bodice front & left sleeve
- Red canvas ball cap has embroidered "R" patch on front, hook & loop fastener size-adjustment band in back
- Red knit leg warmers
- Red faux leather belt has silver-tone metal buckle
- Columbia pictures officially licensed, exclusive
- NOTE: color may vary from photo
Sing along to the Victory Song, everyone! Batter up! Hear that call! The time has come for one and all to play ball…
Here in the U.S., America’s pastime holds many solid memories, even for those who don’t particularly actively follow the sport. Most of us have played the game, been avid spectators, brought the kids to Little League… and even if we can’t stand the idea of baseball, we almost certainly remember Madonna and Rosie O’Donnell on the silver screen in the period piece, A League of Their Own.
Every season has its memories and every team needs its perfect pitcher. What else is as perfect a combination of those ideas as Geena Davis’ portrayal of Dottie Hinson, the fastball pitching and home base sliding star of the Rockford Peaches. A fantastic story that also voiced an amazing bit of history!? Who could say no to an opportunity like that?
Well, Dottie might have needed some convincing by her peppy sister, but you should need no additional encouragement to slide into this Deluxe Dottie costume where you can show off your nasty slider and a curve that is to die for. The All-American Girls’ Baseball League uniform is complete with a replica patch and comfortable button up dress, red leg warmer style socks, and, of course, the red baseball cap! Complete the look with some running shoes and a mitt or bat and you’ll be ready to round to home plate, because it is time… It's time to step up to the plate and play ball!
|2X||Dress Length||35 1/2"||90cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- What a hitter!By Carla | September 17, 2019Love love love this outfit! Fits great breathable and fun. Hey many Complements on itWas this review helpful to you?
- AMAZING costumeBy Mandy V | October 22, 2015This costume is HIGH quality and feels super durable. Also, VERY true to size. I didn't go with the sizing and I went one up which was fine but the regular 2x would've worked. Also, the belt is LEATHER. It smells really good... I know that's weird, but I'm from Texas.
I will admit... the patches were a little scraggily looking, but honestly I think that had more to do with being squished up and jostled into tight packaging. I highly, highly recommend this costume. :-)Was this review helpful to you?
- Big mistakeBy Current Customer | October 27, 2020Height 5’2 | Weight 260 | Size 4XThe material isn’t too bad. It’s thick and seems like it would be quite durable, although a little itchy. The belt is pretty good quality, as well as the hat. The “socks”, however, aren’t actually socks. They are like a very thin, very cheap, leg warmer. (Hopefully, y’all remember what those are) The dress was shorter in the front, for whatever reason, and the waist is just under my breasts. The waist is my biggest issue. I’m not even going to wear it. So disappointed.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Jess | October 27, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Cut smallBy Kittie_Glitter | October 24, 2019I am so disappointed, I made sure that I measured and even ordered a size up. This is short waisted and since I have ample bosoms the belt is way too high and it's a bit snug in the chest but a little loose across the back. Not sure that I can even alter it. Its definitely cut for petite chests.Was this review helpful to you?
- Looks great!By Anonymous | October 6, 2017I'm a 3x - ordered the 4x and it is cute and nicely made. It is short-waisted (the waist hits under my chest instead of a bit lower), but if your chest is not your biggest feature then it will be great on you. Love it.Was this review helpful to you?
- Better than I expectedBy Current Customer | October 1, 2016Once again y'all did it! This is second year I have purchased a costume from y'all. Hat was a big small (I have a big head) but it will work. Material is awesome. Only problem I had was it smelled like a factory. I have plenty of time to clean it. I can't wait to wear it.Was this review helpful to you?